Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Lomachenko started off with too good of a resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's definitely got too good of a resume in comparison to...sh^t maybe every fighter in history at this point. I mean usually a resume ain't even a real resume for even a P4P type fighter til 15-20 fights in. Loma's legit resume starts at fight 2. So yea he's got a too good for his own good vibe as far as what can he do to get fans excited.

But for me personally I always try not to get to far ahead of where a guy is at. I think him fighting a top 135 guy (which seems the plan) makes the most sense & I don't hate it at all. But yea I do expect him to beat Linares or Beltran should either of those fights happen next. But I'd rather see that first before some move to 140 or bigger guys. There's a trajectory to take when moving guys up. Respect to the guys who've jumped over a division or two, but I just give those cats extra credit for those types of moves. I can't dog on the guys who take the more standard path & the path that'll make them more decorated in this era when having multiple titles is so important to sell yourself it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      Why is Easter a better fight than linares?
      Yea I was wondering that to. I think Linares is the best guy at 135. Idk if Easter's height is supposed to be giving Loma trouble or something, but I think Loma makes Easter look silly all night & I could see Easter being a victim of NoMaschenko.

Comment

I think he made the right moves. He has hit his stride and since he got off to a late start as a pro, he needs to showcase his advanced skill against worthy adversaries. If he fought twenty stiffs before finally fighting a legit challenge, he would have wasted a few years of his prime on journeymen.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          Stop the got damn press Lemonchenko stan!

Loma talks about wanting to fight the best but when a Crawford fight was on the table, him and his team called it a suicide!

And don't you say it is cuz Bud is at 147 and Loma is at 130, I'm talking bout when Bud was at 140!

Loma's best wins are against unproven midgets, inactive/money starved/ancient fighters!

Heck, you could prolly say his best win was Martinez but he got a gift against Loma's father, Salido!

Right now he better get on Bob's old crusty @ss on making the Linares fight but sounds like Bob got other plans!

Bout to have Lemonchenko face another ancient fighter but this time he'll be juiced so it could level the playing field!
          People who don't like lomachenko don't like boxing period.

Comment

hes certainly suffered from making it look too easy. if walters and rigo had been a bit closer theyd have probably said wow he beat two world class fighters. but because the gulf in quality was so much the fighters hes beat have been demoted to bum status.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              There were plenty of people and the same kind of people that even with the weight difference picked a brutal win for Rigo or a 12-0 boxing lesson. Even up to the day of the fight.
              yeah plus dont forget the 'loma ducking rigo' talk that was on here for years. then when the fight got made a good chunk of them **** themselves. There was still a lot of people who picked rigo though, i thought it was gonna be a close fight with a slight edge for loma and went for that on the pick em.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                People who don't like lomachenko don't like boxing period.
                Lemonchenko stans are not good for boxing and are a major annoyance!

Loma is a solid fighter but his stans are outta control, I think Loma took some of Kov and GGG fans after Ward an Canelo fights!

All i spew is facts!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  A Crawford fight was never "on the table"..they've always been two weights apart. Loma a small 130 and Crawford a huge 140.

Walters also was at 130 BEFORE Lomachenko so Walters didn't come up for that. Sure, he had an 11 month layoff but that's less than the 12 month layoff the smaller Gamboa had (v Crawford) and only one more month than the less impressive Postol (v crawford). A LOT of folks picked Rigo to win KNOWING the weight difference so a lot of people can't use that excuse. Russell was also a good win. He was supposed to beat Loma and neither guy moved up or had huge layoffs.

Loma has some crazy fans but he's got equally crazy and perhaps even more bitter haters.
                  Yes he does have crazy crazy fans and your one of them!

The BobFather has done ab excellent job with Loma but the proof is there!

Walters was inactive and starving for money!

Russell jr was unproven at the time but still a somewhat solid win since Russell jr is solid!

Rigo was very inactive and money starved obviously since he came up two divisions straight up without asking for a tune up at the weight in the contract!

Crawford beat a champion in his hometown!

Beat Postol easily who's the only man to get a stoppage on Lucas Matthysse to unify titles!

Toyed with Olympic gold medalist Felix Diaz and first to stop him!

Easily stopped undefeated unified champ Indongo who beat two champs in their hometowns back to back to be undisputed....let me reiterate!

To be the ONLY UNDISPUTED champion in the sport he was the first to stop an undefeated unheralded champion!

When was the last time Loma had a near 50-50 betting line!?

Don't say Rigo cuz oddsmakers were on the money, Rigo was old, very inactive and coming up 2 divisions against a bigger, arguably just as fast, in their prime, and in ther prime fighter!

Let's see him in there with Linares or Mikey!

Heck, since cool with fighting Pac at 140 how about fighting Mikey at 140?!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                    Yes he does have crazy crazy fans and your one of them!

The BobFather has done ab excellent job with Loma but the proof is there!

Walters was inactive and starving for money!

Russell jr was unproven at the time but still a somewhat solid win since Russell jr is solid!

Rigo was very inactive and money starved obviously since he came up two divisions straight up without asking for a tune up at the weight in the contract!

Crawford beat a champion in his hometown!

Beat Postol easily who's the only man to get a stoppage on Lucas Matthysse to unify titles!

Toyed with Olympic gold medalist Felix Diaz and first to stop him!

Easily stopped undefeated unified champ Indongo who beat two champs in their hometowns back to back to be undisputed....let me reiterate!

To be the ONLY UNDISPUTED champion in the sport he was the first to stop an undefeated unheralded champion!

When was the last time Loma had a near 50-50 betting line!?

Don't say Rigo cuz oddsmakers were on the money, Rigo was old, very inactive and coming up 2 divisions against a bigger, arguably just as fast, in their prime, and in ther prime fighter!

Let's see him in there with Linares or Mikey!

Heck, since cool with fighting Pac at 140 how about fighting Mikey at 140?!
                    So Walters was inactive but Postol wasn't? Postol was out 10 months which according to my math is only a month less than Walters. Walters was also the only fighter to stop Donaire, who happens to be vastly superior to Mattheyse.

Rigo was a two time Olympic champion, a unified world champion and pound for pound entrant. That's more credentials than Diaz.

When did Crawford have near 50/50 betting line? Since you can't use Rigo, we can't use the much smaller Gamboa who was also off 12 months. According to my (and hopefully your) math 12 months is more than the 11 that Walters was off or the 6 that Rigo was off.

Indongo was a 16-1 underdog. Postol was a 7-1 underdog (I went to that fight I know) and Diaz was around 20-1. I think the Russell fight was close to 2-1 as an example of a closer betting line and I remember ring polling 20 experts and the majority picked Russell.

Crawford is my favorite fighter but fair is fair and you have a major bias.
                    Last edited by chrisJS; 02-16-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Lomachenko is great, but I think his size and lack of 1 punch power will make things very tough on him as he moves up. Still think he can conquer 135 if the cards fall right, but I think 140 and up is going to be too big an ask for him. I'd be content with him fighting Beltran in his first fight at 135 if he follows it up with Linares or Garcia. I'll stick to what I've said for a while, I don't see him beating Mikey

Comment

Working...
                      X