Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has Lomachenko started off with too good of a resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
    I'm a Loma fan

And while what he's done in 11 fights is impressive. He's wasn't a usual young prospect just starting the pro ranks

He started late at 25-26 and had a crazy amateur pedigree so him jumping right into the mix shouldn't be considered anything special because he didn't need any seasoning

His resume is impressive but also believe some of it is Top Rank smoke and mirrors match making

To me his best win is GRJ. The Rigo win isn't all that and shouldn't be looked at as a great win. Rigo was old as sh.it, inactive and had to jump up 2 weight classes. It's a great name but that's about it. ( It's like how when De La Hoya was being built up he was feasting on past prime legends )

His other good name Walters was inactive, ballooned up in weight and hasn't been heard of since

Martinez, Mariaga and Sosa are whatever

I don't think he's started off with too good of a resume at all and want him to fight Mikey Garcia while their both prime. Or other good fighters where the tables aren't completely slanted in his favour
    Mikey would knock him out so he'll duck him.
    Bumachenko prefers to fight guys like Mariaga, and chris john victims...

Comment

When you factor in his age that resume doesn't look great. He's 30 years old. He needs to be pushing for the legacy fights now. We don't want to be hearing past prime excuses when he decides to take on his toughest challenges.

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit View Post
        Mikey would knock him out so he'll duck him.
        Bumachenko prefers to fight guys like Mariaga, and chris john victims...
        I'm a Mikey fan but I don't know if that's a given

But to me that's the fight for both of them to define their legacy

But it's pretty obvious Arum has no interest in it so that should let everyone know that Loma has a good chance of losing that fight

Sh.it both Loma and Linares teams would rather fight each other then to fight Mikey

Comment

He shouldn't be getting soundly thrashed by a journeyman with like 17 loses and a bunch of draws.....

And other guys have won titles early in their career too.
          Like guys from Japan and Thailand. Learn some boxing kid.
          Pure haters should be banned here. Yu put 0 facts behind your claims.
          1. Salido didn’t win convincingly.
          He came oveweight
          He landed number low-blows
          Lomachenkot outlanded him by 35 punches
          And it was split decision
          2. He went for a title in his second pro figth and it is a fact. He won title in 3 fight by destroying highly regarded fighter. Those are facts. You can throw some thai guys into mix but before doing this check their opposition

Comment

We're going to get a Beltran fight and you're going to like it!

*vomit*

Comment

He shouldn't be getting soundly thrashed by a journeyman with like 17 loses and a bunch of draws.....

And other guys have won titles early in their career too.
              Like guys from Japan and Thailand. Learn some boxing kid.
              He didn't get soundly thrashed. He actually won the fight despite all the fouls and bull****. Learn boxing kid.

He's the equal fastest to a title and fastest to two titles and in his next fight fastest to three. Learn boxing kid.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                I'm a Mikey fan but I don't know if that's a given

But to me that's the fight for both of them to define their legacy

But it's pretty obvious Arum has no interest in it so that should let everyone know that Loma has a good chance of losing that fight

Sh.it both Loma and Linares teams would rather fight each other then to fight Mikey
                I'm not a Mikey fan at all I think he Is a punk with no heart. However I think he Is an amazingly talented fighter.
                And I have to favor him to bury bumachenko....

Siri beat Mikey and Bumachenko.....

Comment

Originally posted by lightsout_finit
                  What are you babbling about kid?
                  What claims?

That never happened

Yeah It's disgraceful that they tried to rob Siri!
                  Why did bumachenko duck the rematch?

Bumachenko has never done that....
                  lol
                  Where Is your "proof"

What? lol
                  Which fighter are you trying to disparage now? You coward!
                  For proof check comp stats
                  And yes it was not 35 but 22. My bad.

For highly regarded fighter i mean RGj
                  Or you can pick walters Rigo but those were defenses

And last, it was you who said that thai guys win titles as fast as loma. So please put your facts on the table

Comment

He has definitely set the bar high for himself. Once fighters get into this level they don't get nearly as much credit for fighting guys who would be impressive on the way up.

He should (and does) still occasionally fight guys below the top, it won't break his career or anything. But yeah, he will not get overly praised for wins that seem like a forgone conclusion ahead of time

Comment

He got beat by a bum so no.

Comment

Working...
                      X