Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Shakes Head at Eubank's Training Decision For The Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by skinnystev View Post
    i've heard junior eubanks just goes to the gym so he can beat up on novice sparring partners sends them home with no money broken and bleeding is there any truth to that accusation? as far as not needing a trainer his corner didn't help him much in his humiliating loss to BJS so maybe he has something there
    I saw him post a video of him knocking out an amateur novice in sparring, putting it out there like he was so proud of himself. That told me all I needed to know about him.

Comment

kovalev trained himself,with john David Jackson being the tag along flunkie instead of being the trainer of the stubborn krusher but still kovalev had big success till he met ward,groves will lose to eubank

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        He's telling the truth 100%, but Eubank might be getting Groves at just the right time... he's a very old 29, been in a lot of dogfights. Very curious to see what Groves shows up this weekend.

Still think he should have reconnected with Booth, but what the **** do I know?
        I think Mcguigan's a good trainer, he seems to have helped bring Groves on again, he looked stale after he left Booth. Mcguigan had great wins with Frampton over Quigg and the first LSC fight, they were big fights.

Comment

Groves is past his prime and we saw how easily Jamie Cox was punishing him in the last fight. Even a 60% version of Eubank is enough to beat Groves. I would tell you how this fight would play out.

Groves and Eubank go toe to toe till 7 round. Groves gases out by round 9. Eubank does the job in round 10,11 and 12.

Comment

50/50 fight imo, don't think there is a clear favourite here.

Comment

Frank Warren might be a bitter old turd who looks like a terrapin that's been dipped in a deep fat fryer, but I do agree with his summarisation of eubank jr a couple of years ago.
              It was along the lines of eubank being a phenomenal athlete who would be successful in the business up to a point, but at the top, top level doesn't have a big enough punch to sit in the pocket and trade with the biggest bangers nor is he a slick enough boxer to outbox the best boxers.

He's outstanding at what he does but lacks fundamentals and is too one dimensional. You'd have thought seeing what he's capable of, that a decent team who weren't yes men could have moulded him into a more rounded fighter or at the very least he would have developed a decent jab by now.

Comment

The saint is and has always been in my estimations as a solid British boxer who has a good skill set and will engage in a fight with anyone considered above his level.
                I’ve met Eubank senior on a number of occasions down in Brighton and he’s always been gentlemanly with me and given me time to engage in chat about boxing. We spoke of a few things behind the scenes which I won’t divulge but will say this, if Eubank jnr was a mug, how would he a professional boxer at this level if he didn’t know what he is doing?
                Not sure what the saint is saying there but it’s an exciting fight that I truly believe will end in George getting stopped inside of ten rnds.
                On another note, the British fight game would different for the better if frank warren were not involved.
                Every fighter has taken the kunt to court or ended up in court getting skanked by his shady contractual agreements.

Comment

It’s kind of worrying that a guy with little formal training is demolishing some decent fighters. I think all this talk of his training is mind games. I don’t believe he’d be IBO champ if he only did pad work and sparred with spring lambs.

I think Groves poses many problems that Eubank has never faced but Eubank could be well ahead while Groves soaks uo early pressure. Even when Eubank doesn’t connect he looks exciting which will always win judges over selective punching.

I think Snr’s behaviour will determine the outcome of this fight. His ringside advice vs BJS was atrocious

Comment

Originally posted by GlassJoey View Post
                    It’s kind of worrying that a guy with little formal training is demolishing some decent fighters. I think all this talk of his training is mind games. I don’t believe he’d be IBO champ if he only did pad work and sparred with spring lambs.

I think Groves poses many problems that Eubank has never faced but Eubank could be well ahead while Groves soaks uo early pressure. Even when Eubank doesn’t connect he looks exciting which will always win judges over selective punching.

I think Snr’s behaviour will determine the outcome of this fight. His ringside advice vs BJS was atrocious
                    I guess you never heard the ibo isn't an actual title right...?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
                      I'm interested to see Groves check Eubank's chin. Spike managed to stiffen him up a few times.
                      Yup. I’ve watched that fight a few times and he’s was definitely buzzed on more than one occasion. He mainly hit with the left hook in that fight which is my only worry. I would say a GG punches a fair bit harder than spike
                      Last edited by Mushroom; 02-13-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X