Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG beats Canelo, should he face BJS or Charlo next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if ggg wins, he should fight saunders for undisputed after then make a mandatory defense against charlo or vacate and leave the division.

there is no way around it

it's no different than brook, you cant fight mandatories for years and then once a undefeated mandatory comes up, you dont wanna fight mandatories anymore

brook didnt wanna fight Spence, but he knew he had to be consistent to keep his reputation. same goes for ggg.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      GGG is gonna light Canelo up like a penguin.

After that, I want to see him fight BJS, for all 4 belts, to fully unify the MW division. As a fan of both, I won't know who to root for in that one, but I really want to see it.

Charlo has only been at 160 for 5 minutes. Let him wait a little longer and go for all the belts himself when he gets his mando shot.
      Less than a year ago I would have said GGG would school BJS - now not so much. Depending on GGG's performance in the rematch, as it stands I think I'd lean towards BJS taking the win.

He has the skills and speed and even the size, and his cardio has improved massively. Provided BJS can keep / improve his cardio, if I had to bet I'd bet on him

Comment

Billy Joe Saunders then move up

Comment

Saunders first, winner fights Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
            how is it suliman to blame? suliman babied canelo for years. starting with letting him fight a 140 pound fighter for a vacant 154 title at 150 pounds. canelo was the wbc mascot then.

but as soon as suliman ordered canelo to make a mandatory against ggg after canelo beat cotto, now all of a sudden. he doesn't like suliman
            Nope. You should know well that Suleyman Sr. and Jr. aren’t the same people. Suleyman senior defended Bummelo when he was having beef around the Chavez family and Marquez. Suleyman Jr. didn’t like his father’s relationship with Oscar. Suleyman Sr. even defended Bummelo regarding assault charges while Jr. didn’t like his father being surrounded by that while opposing boxing regimens wanted Bummelo to be charged with assault.

Mexico is full of bums. You can’t charge a bum with bumly thins as such all while Broner does scandalous things and still a TV personality. When Suleyman Sr. was gone much of Jr.’s power become more corrupt than his dad ever wa, plus fatso Jr. never liked Bummelo. He had to pretend because of his dad.

This is the same Suleyman family that was ok with Triple Gee and Bummelo defending straps against guys from lower weights such as Brook. Amir Khan and Bummelo started the same year as pro, fighting at same weight. Walk around Bummelo and Khan are the same.

Comment

GGG should fight Saunders without a doubt if he can. Getting all the belts has always been his goal. He can fight Jermall in his next fight. Jermall has only been a middleweight a short time and has no big win at 160. Jermall can wait a while and fight Jacobs or Andrade while GGG fights Saunders.

Comment

Originally posted by Loma#1 View Post
                Nope. You should know well that Suleyman Sr. and Jr. aren’t the same people. Suleyman senior defended Bummelo when he was having beef around the Chavez family and Marquez. Suleyman Jr. didn’t like his father’s relationship with Oscar. Suleyman Sr. even defended Bummelo regarding assault charges while Jr. didn’t like his father being surrounded by that while opposing boxing regimens wanted Bummelo to be charged with assault.

Mexico is full of bums. You can’t charge a bum with bumly thins as such all while Broner does scandalous things and still a TV personality. When Suleyman Sr. was gone much of Jr.’s power become more corrupt than his dad ever wa, plus fatso Jr. never liked Bummelo. He had to pretend because of his dad.

This is the same Suleyman family that was ok with Triple Gee and Bummelo defending straps against guys from lower weights such as Brook. Amir Khan and Bummelo started the same year as pro, fighting at same weight. Walk around Bummelo and Khan are the same.

Still pushing the same dumb agenda and posting equally dumb photos to back it up, I see.

Khan and Canelo standing together, one closer to the camera, in a scarf and an overcoat, and the other wearing just a shirt, does not prove that they are the same size.

They may have turned pro in the same division, in the same year, but Canelo was only 3 months past his 15th birthday back then.

To the your other point .. did Canelo blow off the WBC as soon as Sulaiman Jr took over as President from his dad?

No he didn't.

He was happy holding the WBC middleweight belt until they told him he had to defend it against Golovkin. Only then did he relinquish it and start off on his "the WBC is corrupt" crusade.
                Last edited by kafkod; 02-13-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                  Less than a year ago I would have said GGG would school BJS - now not so much. Depending on GGG's performance in the rematch, as it stands I think I'd lean towards BJS taking the win.

He has the skills and speed and even the size, and his cardio has improved massively. Provided BJS can keep / improve his cardio, if I had to bet I'd bet on him
                  GGG vs BJS would be a much closer match now than 2 or 3 years ago. But I would still pick GGG to win it because he cuts the ring so well and, despite his rep as a come forward slugger, his jab is as good as Saunders'

Comment

I think GGG would fight BJS in a unification. Is the far easier and more lucrative fight.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      GGG vs BJS would be a much closer match now than 2 or 3 years ago. But I would still pick GGG to win it because he cuts the ring so well and, despite his rep as a come forward slugger, his jab is as good as Saunders'
                      No GGG's jab is better than Saunders', I believe.

Comment

Working...
                      X