Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abel Sanchez: First Fight Was Not Close, Canelo's KO Talk is 'Talk'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
    You are extremely harsh about a fighter that has fought EVERYONE they put up against him and I think you would agree many ducked him. GGG did win the first fight and the consensus among many pros I know and some ex judges as well as myself that GGG won 7-8 of the total rounds. Canyellow had NO ring generalship or effective aggression. He failed. Flashy combos that hit gloves and arms don't score. Fighting on the back foot is not effective aggression where cutting off the ring on someone fighting off the back foot is. Get me? We have watched this in slow mo as well as fast motion, We have paused it and picked it apart. Canelo lost soundly. That's why the rabid Canyellow fans sound so ridiculous. The one thing I really admire about the Russian and East Euro fighters is their professionalism. They are respectful. GGG has always fought like a pro and conducted himself as one. No boxer deserves to be called a bum and if you were ever on the losing end of a fight you deserve respect. You deserve credit for having the balls to get in there. You are never more alone then when you are half naked and your job is to beat the **** out of someone that may be bigger or hit harder than you. Canelo acts more like an American fighter who expects special treatment and can't even speak English even after fighting in his breadbox for years. At least the Russkies respect their fans enough to learn English.
    Effective aggression isnt missing over 500 times. In the US we call that Hellen Keller...

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
      You are extremely harsh about a fighter that has fought EVERYONE they put up against him and I think you would agree many ducked him. GGG did win the first fight and the consensus among many pros I know and some ex judges as well as myself that GGG won 7-8 of the total rounds. Canyellow had NO ring generalship or effective aggression. He failed. Flashy combos that hit gloves and arms don't score. Fighting on the back foot is not effective aggression where cutting off the ring on someone fighting off the back foot is. Get me? We have watched this in slow mo as well as fast motion, We have paused it and picked it apart. Canelo lost soundly. That's why the rabid Canyellow fans sound so ridiculous. The one thing I really admire about the Russian and East Euro fighters is their professionalism. They are respectful. GGG has always fought like a pro and conducted himself as one. No boxer deserves to be called a bum and if you were ever on the losing end of a fight you deserve respect. You deserve credit for having the balls to get in there. You are never more alone then when you are half naked and your job is to beat the **** out of someone that may be bigger or hit harder than you. Canelo acts more like an American fighter who expects special treatment and can't even speak English even after fighting in his breadbox for years. At least the Russkies respect their fans enough to learn English.
      7-8 rounds??? Now your at least making more sense than the 13, 14, 15 rounds you had GGG winning last time.... Man I should of screen shot that joke of a scorecard. You and Byrd both should be ASHAMED of yourselves. It like CJ Ross and Byrd had a baby. That baby would be you!

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
        I agree, and I've got no dog in the fight, as i couldn't care less about either guy.

GGG won the fight? Why? Because he was coming forward the entire time?

He was a punching bag the whole fight, and he usually remedies that by landing the harder, more telling shots, and hurting his opponent. He did neither against Canelo.
        Dont forget he landed 5 more total punches (jabs) a round. I already posted 10 pics of Cabelo lighting GGG up in another article. I cant even come close to that on GGG lighting Canelo up. And I dont give credit for looking stupid and setting GUINESS World Records on missing 500 times. Also look up the % of power punches Canelo landed??? Thats an unusually high amount. That normally always wins fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Scene View Post
          No the **** it was not close. Not in the least. Good thing you're not a judge because youd be a ****ty one Adelaide.

that fight was close as hell

forget Byrd..... one judge scored the fight a draw, and the judge who scored for Golovkin gave him that fight by 1 solitary point

you Byrd detractors..... who did the exact same thing for Golovkin..... need to give yourselves an uppercut

this is the kind of talk that did Kovalev no favors

Comment

Some stupid fans. Whitaker, Mayweather , Leonard fighters of color can hit and not get hit and they are ATG. But Mexican fighters are supposed to move foward and get hit by everything brawling to be considered great . ODLH did it and he was castrated by boxing fans and boxing stereotypes. If a boxer of color had fought GGG the same way Canelo did it would be discussed differently.

Comment

Originally posted by hitking View Post
              The thing is, it’s not against the rules to fight going backwards. Yes, Canelo was backing up. But he was also landing the cleaner, harder shots throughout the fight.

The criteria for scoring are clean punching, effective aggression, ring generalship, and defense. There’s no real criteria as to how to apply those. But I tend to score based on the criteria in that order.

Canelo clearly landed the shots through the fight, especially to the body.

GGG was the aggressor. But how effective was his aggression? Most of his aggression didn’t lead to much clean offense on his part. The effectiveness of his aggression mostly led to Caneo fading a bit and only being able to fight in spurts in the second half of the fight. And even with a faded Canelo, the supposed offensive machine that GGG never took over the fight offensively.

Which leads us into ring generalship. There’s no concrete definition as to what ring generalship is. My loose interpretation is which fighter is getting done what he wants to get done. And that’s a tough one in this fight because both fighters pretty much got done what they wanted to get done. Again, going backwards isn’t against the rules. And it’s not like Canelo came out standing in the pocket playing rock-em-sock-em robots. He came out moving from the opening bell. So it’s not like GGG did anything to put Canelo in retreat mode. It’s kinda like saying Canelo made GGG tentative as far as letting his hands go. Knowing the type of fighter GGG normally is, we know hen usually lets his hands go more. And conventional wisdom says he respected Canelo’s counter game, maybe a little too much. But GGG did it from the opening bell. It’s not like Canelo countered him to death in the beginning and made him tentative. So you can’t say GGG didn’t get done what he wanted to get done.

And defensively, I don’t even think it’s an argument who was better in the fight.

back in the day, it seemed like every contender could fight off the back foot..... boxers in general seemed to be more well-rounded

and back in the day..... fans also seemed to be much more well-rounded than the bunch we have today

scoring for the guy going forward is the opposite of the very ethos of boxing..... the great John L Sullivan admitted as much when Corbett whipped his ass more than a hundred years ago..... it is a truly ******ed notion that was originally initiated by TV networks to encourage more "fan-friendly" fights (rock-em-sock-em robot brawling)..... it was specifically designed to discourage/eliminate the style "boxer"

fk casual-fans..... and fk fighters who cannot win off the back foot

Comment

There you go stereotype referring to American. GGG saying he fights Mexican style also not true misses way too much , no body punches , no hooks to the liver . not fearless lost fight plan when Canelo states to tag him. If his jab was not so strong he would have lost big on the cards.

Comment

Ggg is on the decline. His ship is slowly sailing & Canelo’s up & coming youth. Both fighters gave their all. Neither dominated. So there’s only one way to DRAW a conclusion.

Comment

the talk about Canelo not being a true Mexican..... and the accusations being directed at him for " running "..... are truly glorious

what I saw is..... the " chicken " out-thought and out-boxed a supposed killer

and I saw a supposed killer being timid, afraid to commit, and unable to let his hands go..... when facing a "chicken"

you can insist that Golovkin won, no problem..... but a lot of observations about that fight are utter bollocks

Comment

Originally posted by Raimondo View Post
                      The truth is Canelo back up GGG with his combos and GGG couldn't hurt Gingerhead. The most hardest shots were landed by Canelo. Anyway Golovkin's mission to fight the biggest cash-cow of boxing atm was a succes and he can pull out a 'Maidana' and enjoy his life.
                      Dude what the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                      X