Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

America - Only place on Earth who accept foreign fighters like theirs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    I don't know, the slick brother nation are pretty hostile towards them. They haven't exactly welcomed golovkin and lomachenko with open arms
    maybe if people like yourself wouldnt actually try to tear down every fighter from "slick brother nation" they would probably welcome all the fighters.....people were super hyped on manny pac until the pac fans began slandering floyd and claimed floyd was a chicken and tearing down his resume and talking about how manny would kill him.....see, thats how that works

theres always room in boxing for guys like golovkin and loma....people want to like them...but twats like your, and all the other trolls, make them want to find flaws and poke holes in their resumes and such

and by "twats like you"..i mean guys who get their rocks off feeling like they riled up some anonymous african american male via the internet

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post

USA is probably only country in the World who accepts all fighters from different parts of the World, treat them fairly & make them a STARS!

Examples:

Roberto Durán - Panaman boxer who gained popularity mostly fighting in US. Inducted to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Manny Pacquiao - Filipino boxer who came & became global PPV star in US.

Arturo Gatti - Italian-Canadian boxer who became a global boxing star fighting US. Also inducted to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez - global Mexican boxing star who mostly fights in US.

Connor McGregor - Irish MMA fighter who was fighting infront of 500 people in Ireland & UK, but since he signed to UFC he became a World famous super star!

Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin - even though not a famous like boxers above, also gained popularity & became global boxing star fighting in US. In Germany he was treated badly by local promoters for years & he had to go to US.

etc.

Name me another country who accept foreign fighters like that: treat them well, make them stars etc.?

Certainly not in Europe, nah.
      Germany. The list is endless. Klits, Huck, Sturm, Abraham, Stieglitz etc.

Denmark. Kalule, Can, Lawal, Ceylan.

I don’t know from where you get your “certainly not in Europe” postulate but don’t look for more info there.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        I don't know, the slick brother nation are pretty hostile towards them. They haven't exactly welcomed golovkin and lomachenko with open arms
        This is true only among American internet fans. American fans of all races (not just white and Mexican) in real life are really behind GGG. People might hate him online, but he gets real crowd sport here in the states.

I went to GGG vs. Lemieux and there were a lot of black fans in attendance and they were all going crazy for Golovkin and wearing GGG shirts and hats.

Loma is building a fanbase too, but I've never seen him live and I've never really talked to other fans about him like I have with GGG. So I don't how much real support he has here, but GGG is loved here by most, even the brothas lol. Don't let the internet dudes fool you. He'll never be as big as Duran, Pac, Chavez Sr. etc., but GGG is doing pretty good for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post

USA is probably only country in the World who accepts all fighters from different parts of the World, treat them fairly & make them a STARS!

Examples:

Roberto Durán - Panaman boxer who gained popularity mostly fighting in US. Inducted to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Manny Pacquiao - Filipino boxer who came & became global PPV star in US.

Arturo Gatti - Italian-Canadian boxer who became a global boxing star fighting US. Also inducted to the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez - global Mexican boxing star who mostly fights in US.

Connor McGregor - Irish MMA fighter who was fighting infront of 500 people in Ireland & UK, but since he signed to UFC he became a World famous super star!

Gennady 'GGG' Golovkin - even though not a famous like boxers above, also gained popularity & became global boxing star fighting in US. In Germany he was treated badly by local promoters for years & he had to go to US.

etc.

Name me another country who accept foreign fighters like that: treat them well, make them stars etc.?

Certainly not in Europe, nah.
          It was once the biggest boxing market around (still is in the lighter divisions) BUT you're stretching a bit by claims of excepting them as their own etc.

Apart from Duran and Pac, who has really become a cross over star who doesnt rely on support from their ethnicity? Gatti was a"star" on HBO but most casuals have no idea who he is, same goes for GGG.

Mac is a star but he relies heavily on the Irish audience, like massively. Canelo probably even more on the latino vote lol

Comment

Depends on the fighter. Some are so polarizing that they have worldwide appeal. Ali, PAC, Duran, Tyson.

Comment

What else is new with this stupid thread?
              Fans call Lara boring, yet he's accepted and is now a US citizen.

Comment

America is a weird place man. The government cares more about illegal Mexicans than homeless veterans. I've stopped trying to make sense of the madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  America is a weird place man. The government cares more about illegal Mexicans than homeless veterans. I've stopped trying to make sense of the madness.
                  not that hard when you understand capitalism. gov is run by rich elites. rich elites need workers. homeless people dont help them grow their wealth in any way. the 700k daca recipients are all workers or future workers so it would be senseless to kick them out, but then again tribalism is another factor that is getting stronger and the republicans might see it as a way to impress their base and win future elections so they can pass more tax cuts for the rich, cut social programs, etc...grow their wealth more. its a gamble. helping homeless people doesn't win you elections. they just see it as a waste of money
                  Last edited by daggum; 02-10-2018, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    not that hard when you understand capitalism. gov is run by rich elites. rich elites need workers. homeless people dont help them grow their wealth in any way. the 700k daca recipients are all workers or future workers so it would be senseless to kick them out, but then again tribalism is another factor that is getting stronger and the republicans might see it as a way to impress their base and win future elections so they can pass more tax cuts for the rich, cut social programs, etc...grow their wealth more. its a gamble. helping homeless people doesn't win you elections. they just see it as a waste of money
                    Cash rules everything around me. C.R.E.A.M. Get the money. Dolla dolla bill ya'll.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Cash rules everything around me. C.R.E.A.M. Get the money. Dolla dolla bill ya'll.
                      yes that is trumps theme song when he walks into a meeting

Comment

Working...
                      X