Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If GGG doesn't go to the body in the rematch again, he deserves to get robbed lmao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanchez said that they tried to hit the body but it was difficult because of Canelo's movement. I call horse**** on that and absolutely blame him for poor planning. He wasn't prepared for it, and he didn't prep Golovkin well. I hope he learned his lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
      You are more exposed when you throw body punches, especially against a fast, sharp inside counterpuncher like Canelito.

GGG was smart keeping scoring with his jab ala Klitschko since that sht was working IMO

GGG was too slow if you ask me, he could be quicker on working a bit on his feet-hands coordination.

He needs to land more body punches but he will have to set them up otherwise he's getting countered.

GGG is the longer guy, so it could be dumb to look too much for a close range/inside body punching fight.
      I think he can absorb some counters. If he sees he can hurt Canelo to the body taking a few counters is worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
        the old scared of counters argument.

GGG was not scared of any of Canelo's counters. that's why he walked forward all night. Even after Canelo landed that flush right hand that slept many.

He didn't throw to the body because of an agreement. there's no other logical reason behind it.

he will throw to the body this time. the complexion of the fight will change.
        both guys are members of........the secret society! release the canelo-ggg memo!

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
          Sanchez said that they tried to hit the body but it was difficult because of Canelo's movement. I call horse**** on that and absolutely blame him for poor planning. He wasn't prepared for it, and he didn't prep Golovkin well. I hope he learned his lesson.
          Yeah complaining that the opponent didn't fight the way you wanted to is stupid. Able has this philosophy that his fighters don't adjust to the opponent they force the opponent to adjust to them. Really...Against lower rated opponents that will work but......

Comment

it's bullcrap. Canelo does have pretty good head movement but his body is stationary cus his feet aren't fast.

it's ridiculous.

GGG simply didn't want to do body work.

It's not even like he attempted with like 30 bodyshots. It's that he didn't do any body work at all, which is his trademark.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
              I think he can absorb some counters. If he sees he can hurt Canelo to the body taking a few counters is worth it.
              I trust GGG and if he didn't feel comfortable, right to go to the body, there is a reason.

GGG was too slow, let's see if they stop working like amateurs and hire a real fitness coach, work on explosiveness.

Because being slow like a turtle, GGG ain't going to the body, GGG ain't going that low or Nelo will break his nose.

Comment

for some reason I think they know they can KO Canelo and just went for the rematch to make more money.

Canelo goes down on a body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                  I trust GGG and if he didn't feel comfortable, right to go to the body, there is a reason.

GGG was too slow, let's see if they stop working like amateurs and hire a real fitness coach, work on explosiveness.

Because being slow like a turtle, GGG ain't going to the body, GGG ain't going that low or Nelo will break his nose.

was he too slow to land on Kell Brook to the body? You're telling me Canelo is faster than Kell Brook? He kept whiffing because he went head hunting. it was uncharacteristic.

Comment

This is exactly what I think. I think Sanchez deliberately told him to box Canelo, which made him fight awkwardly. He really should have been bullying Canelo and trying to take his head off. I saw him turn into a jabber, which worked for a limited guy like Lemieux, but he needed much more against Canelo. I had it a draw, both guys can improve which makes the rematch more interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                      I hate to think that both or one guy was sandbagging but all the talk about a trilogy before a punch was landed is a very bad look.

I have a strong suspicion that GGG and Canelo were both going for a points win and neither even wanted to KO the other.

Oscar still talking about a trilogy, so we could see another tactical 12 round fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X