No announcement yet.

was joe calzaghe one of the best british boxers ever in your opinion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Kessler isn't HOF and Lacy never beat a ranked fighter in his life.
    Yeah I don't think Kessler gets in. Lacy is a hard one to gauge, definitely not elite, but I think he could've achieved more had he not run into Calzaghe. His demeanour and sharpness in the two Tsypko fights is night and day, I think Calzaghe took all his confidence.

Are you not a Calzaghe fan?

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman1983 View Post
      Not sure how bringing Taylor into the equation means anything, a fight in which Froch won basically because of Taylor’s **** gas tank. Joe was a big 168 he would have beaten Taylor. Log off mate seriously ��
      Work it out simpleton Taylor would of beat calzaghe and Froch beat Taylor and others of high calibre. Your boyfriend Joe cokeslappy beat kessler that's it every other win was against no hopers or past prime husks of fighters Joe has a great gas tank yeah great shame he can't punch properly though and said hand injuries was why he punched like that even though he done it from the beginning the knuckle dragging, sheep shagging morose muvafuka.

Get a carrot and some peanut butter on the end and shove it right in your sisters arsehole

Comment

You can’t just discredit a fighter when a fighter you don’t like beats them, its like being wise after the event. Lacy was a supposed killer. Kessler is HOF.
        All those flaws and yet 46-0
        😂
        yeah because besides the calzaghe loss Lacy had a stellar career. LOL!

like i wrote before, there is a looooong list of "supposed killers" that never amounted to ****. Lacy belonging at the top of that list. you don't see other exposed hypejobs with zero names on their resumes get exposed, yet continue to be regarded as impressive wins after the fact.

for that matter i was wise looooong before the event. i always saw lacy for what he was. yet because of the hype machine (which i always recognized) now i have to pretend he was ever truly impressive?

why isnt Randall Bailey an ATG for beating mike jones? he was supposed to be a killer. or maybe tony thompson for knocking out david price twice? maybe price really is a killer himself for knocking out audley harrison? maybe monte barrett is an ATG for dispatching of tye field? should we consider all the guys who beat Edison Miranda legends too while we are at it? now there was a real supposed killer..

yet we dont.. none of them. except lacy. with lacy somehow hype matters more than reality even after it gets exposed. how pointing that out makes me biased against calzaghe rather than you biased for him i fail to understand.

the flaws mentioned at the end were kesslers, not calzaghes. if kessler makes the HOF, idk.. The very idea is absurd to me.. and i saw calzaghe be comfortably beaten by Hopkins btw, so as far as im concerned he wasnt really undefeated. even if he was its not who doesnt beat you as much as who you beat that matters and his resume is poor. is harry simon an ATG? he beat winky Wright in his prime, far more impressive than any win on joes resume. then again he is not british, so there isnt a boxing mad nation to delude themselves and jump on his sack. joe needs to give his belts to frank Warren, he zigged and zagged his way to this supposedly great career from behind a desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
          Work it out simpleton Taylor would of beat calzaghe and Froch beat Taylor and others of high calibre. Your boyfriend Joe cokeslappy beat kessler that's it every other win was against no hopers or past prime husks of fighters Joe has a great gas tank yeah great shame he can't punch properly though and said hand injuries was why he punched like that even though he done it from the beginning the knuckle dragging, sheep shagging morose muvafuka.

Get a carrot and some peanut butter on the end and shove it right in your sisters arsehole
          Such a mature post I take it you have a few issues.
          But if you think Taylor is better than Joe then maybe you should take Jermaine’s latest firearm and that along with Carl’s wonky nose and shove those your ass.

Comment

The Hopkins fight was close, you’re obvs a Joe hater, I get it,
            His career could have been better without warren sure, but I don’t think that takes away from his standing.
            A few random comparisons to Lacy, especially David Price, that’s hilarious, he fought Thompson when he was just breaking into Euro level and Pricey sparked Audley when Audley had already been heavily exposed and was old

Comment

thin career, 3 good wins, one very good, over a long long career.

That puts him on par with anyone else who had three good wins, one very good, in the British pantheon.

There are question marks over the kessler win, since mikkel went into hand surgery and used only one hand for most of the fight, and joe showed no interest in rematching a full fit kessler.

Carl Froch has at least half a dozen good wins.
              Frank Bruno has three good wins.
              Ricky Hatton has more good wins.
              Amir Khan has at least 3 good wins, really more.
              Eubank has 4 good wins, though his career aborted really after watson when he lost his mojo.

So below guys like froch, but on par with bruno and khan. Perhaps just above Eubank, since Chris never unified.
              Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-05-2018, 02:47 PM.

Comment

But if you think Taylor is better than Joe then maybe you should take Jermaine’s latest firearm and that along with Carl’s wonky nose and shove those your ass.
                come on, Taylor had better wins than joe . H2H hes obviously better, though Joe had a much better career obviously. There is no disputing these two facts.

You have to be fair, and give credit and criticism fairly in due amounts.

But the other guy was sounding childish so I understand why you wrote what you wrote heart onsleeve.

Comment

we ought to support our british boxers since we dont have that many recent good ones, but we have to ba fair too, and recognise joe's weaknesses such as H2H ability, as well as his strengths.

There are very good reasons for why he left it to age 34 to challenge for a recognised title and then left SMW shortly after - its because joe knew stepping up too often would lose him his zero loss record.

Theres a very good reason why he shed any major title ASAP, because they led to fights he knew he would lose.

This probably bothers him now that guys like froch have left him behind, but its really his fault for leaving it all late in his career - he definitely could have won a major bodys title younger but he'd have likely lost it too without Frank Warrens series of easy wbo challengers.

I think Joe craved staying undefeated far more than winning world titles, fighting at world level or building a good SMW resume. It was his choice, no skin of his nose. But he should expect to live in the shadow of guys like Ward Froch and the next big SMWs to make it.
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 02-06-2018, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Quite a few but getting better, and good idea mate thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                      Yeah I don't think Kessler gets in. Lacy is a hard one to gauge, definitely not elite, but I think he could've achieved more had he not run into Calzaghe. His demeanour and sharpness in the two Tsypko fights is night and day, I think Calzaghe took all his confidence.

Are you not a Calzaghe fan?
                      I disagree. Lacy looked terrible against a past it Omar Shieka before Calzaghe.

Literally beat no one of note.

Am I a Calzaghe fan? No.

Comment

Working...
                      X