Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's unbelievably overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      One of the best fighters ever, regardless of nationality and this coming from a guy who was never a fan of his.
      joke calslappy is what we call him.

Comment

Originally posted by FLEX U.K View Post
        Calzaghe is a British Boxing Legend no doubt, certainly one of, if not, THE best of my generation. Could have been greater if he fought the best in their prime. Alot of people discredit the Hopkins and Jones wins but the Hopkins win was actually a really good win when you consider that B-Hop still had enough in the tank to outclass fighters like Pavlik, Cloud and Pascal after he fought Joe. Would have loved to have seen the Froch fight, 2 completely different styles but i think Joe would have walked away with a UD in that one
        Hopkins beat joke calslappy, its how he got the name. Listen to Max on the commentating vs jim lampley. This is a reason why max sings a different tune now. hbo & jim jumped him after the fight....LOL

Comment

Great question! Is one of the best super middleweights of all time, with one of the best undefeated records of all time across any weight, a member of the boxing HOF and two-weight Ring Magazine lineal Champion one of the best British boxers ever?

It’s a toughie.

Comment

Definitely

I was a fan of his but the disappointing thing is that he never really dared to be great for too long in his career. It's a shame because he showed when he fought the likes of Kessler that he was the real deal. He was in mid 30's before he really proved how good he could be, because he spent too long beating average opposition defending his title.

It would have been nice to see what he really could've done in his physical prime. He was an elite talent for sure but rarely proved it.

When you consider how much he achieved, 2 weight world champ etc..he probably still underachieved to some degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Switch Hitter93 View Post
              Frochs strength is his unorthodox style will to win and iron chin. Heck jermain Taylor would of beat calzaghe and Froch produced a great ko at the end of that bout. Calzaghe was good I didn't say he wasn't but if you can't see he cherry picked his way through his career your blind he fought Peter manfedo Jr into his 30s ffs!
              Not sure how bringing Taylor into the equation means anything, a fight in which Froch won basically because of Taylor’s **** gas tank. Joe was a big 168 he would have beaten Taylor. Log off mate seriously 😑

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
                im not.

but i keep forgetting whats supposed to be so impressive about it. I cant Think of a single win in the history of boxing that gets as overrated as clazaghes win over lacy. you are aware lacy never beat anyone? you are aware that every single time he fought a good opponent he got dominated? washed up roy jones dominated and stopped him, a slip saved him from being shut out in another one sided loss to Jermain Taylor. then he lost to another number of fighters not even worth remembering.

I know, i know.. Joe supposedly "ruined him". Ruined what? he never beat anyone. besides it was just one fight, he did take a beating, but the notion that one beating would take Everything out of a fighter in his mid 20's who hadn't had a tough fight in his life is a poor excuse.

As far as the "people said.." excuse. thats hype for you. how many fighters haven't been hyped to the skies only to get exposed throughout the years? Lacy belongs in the Audley Harrison, David Price, Fernando Guerrero category of pure hypejobs.

Kessler is a solid win, but he too was way overrated. it is a solid W. but nowhere near what people hype it up to be. Its no great win. Kessler was very one dimensional and flawed, he had a perfect style for froch and they seemed closer in ability than they really were. Even so he still lost both fights in reality. Just like he lost to all the good fighters he faced. Only beating guys like green, beyer, andrade and other C-class fighters.

stiff, no headmovement, flat footed, straight line fighter with **** defense, no inside fighting skills or ability to adapt.
                You can’t just discredit a fighter when a fighter you don’t like beats them, its like being wise after the event. Lacy was a supposed killer. Kessler is HOF.
                All those flaws and yet 46-0
                😂

Comment

Originally posted by dantheman1983 View Post
                  You can’t just discredit a fighter when a fighter you don’t like beats them, its like being wise after the event. Lacy was a supposed killer. Kessler is HOF.
                  All those flaws and yet 46-0
                  😂
                  Kessler isn't HOF and Lacy never beat a ranked fighter in his life.

Comment

Guy is an absolute legend in my book.

Comment

One of the best fighters ever, period.

Comment

Working...
                      X