Collapse
No announcement yet.

mikey bitter Loma about to take his fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lipinets fight being rescheduled kind of f**ked up the Linares fight. If it was on February 10th Garcia and Linares would have had fights only 2 weeks apart and been on track to fight.

Now Linares has to wait an extra month for Garcia and in boxing anything could happen, Garcia could get cut or injured against Lipinets and Linares would have wasted time waiting for that fight.

Funny how all of these Lomaputa fans keep repeating that Garcia turned down Linares twice. No s**t ******s. The first time was because GBP attached a bunch of strings so they could try to sign Garcia and the second time Garcia simply had a better monetary offer for another fight. You Mass Shooters are acting like Linares is some superstar that Garcia should drop everything for and jump when Linares tells him to. But on the other hand Garcia does act like he is some superstar who Linares should jump for when he tells him too also. Linares and Garcia are simply looking out for their own best interests.

All I know is Garcia beats Linares to a bloody pulp after 10 solid punches and makes Lomaputa be known as Lomaplanko.

Comment

And I have no doubt in my mind the WBC will strip Linares if he opts for the Lomaputa fight instead of Garcia, which he will because any sane person would rather get slapped by Lomaputa than concussed by Garcia for most likely the same amount of money.

Comment

Why does Mikey have to be like that?
        After Lipinets, he should Robert Easter to unify.
        Loma takes care of Linares and Beltran, then they unify at the end of the year.
        Forget about 2019. Let's have it this year!!!
        They can rematch in 2019 for Mikey's 140 title.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
          correct me if I'm wrong didn't mikey turn down linares already?
          You're wrong. Linares has been Mikey's mandatory and Linares refuses to take the fight.

Comment

lipinets fight was a better offer...bullshi-t! we found out that it was haymon paying his fighters behind the scenes and it wasnt part of the official contract with the spence-peterson fight. haymon could have gave mikey all that money to fight linares but he chose lipinets instead. the better offer is just publicity cause he knows it looks horrendous.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              You're wrong. Linares has been Mikey's mandatory and Linares refuses to take the fight.
              thats not what this article says >>> http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ions-president

GB offered him 50-50 split with no future options and mikey said no. he said it was a "business decision". basically saying he got better offer elsewhere. so it was in fact mikey that turned it down. now loma wants linares and mikey is salty about it. after robert easter's trash performance vs fortuna nobody gives a damn about mikey vs easter no more. and lipinets is seen as easy pickings.

"We couldn't make it, but I agreed with Eric Gomez that we'd be in touch to make it after this fight," Garcia told ESPN Deportes. "I have more options, really, compared to what I had. The guaranteed purse is better, even though I really want the Linares fight, but you have to take into consideration the business. As Golden Boy is looking to do the best for their company, so I look out for me."
              Last edited by future hendrixx; 02-07-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

thats not what this article says >>> http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...ions-president
                Good, let's look at that article:

"Lightweight titleholder Mikey Garcia has rejected an offer to unify belts with Jorge Linares early next year, Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez, who promotes Linares, told ESPN on Wednesday."

So, should we believe what Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez told ESPN's Dan Rafael? The problem is that when being deposed, Eric Gomez admitted under oath that he often lies to ESPN's Dan Rafael.

Which means we should look at the actual facts. The fact is that Linares is the mandatory and he refuses to enforce the fight. The WBC wants a purse bid and now Linares is avoiding it.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  lipinets fight was a better offer...bullshi-t! we found out that it was haymon paying his fighters behind the scenes and it wasnt part of the official contract with the spence-peterson fight. haymon could have gave mikey all that money to fight linares but he chose lipinets instead. the better offer is just publicity cause he knows it looks horrendous.
                  yea any proof to that orrrr, just usual bs from you?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    Good, let's look at that article:

"Lightweight titleholder Mikey Garcia has rejected an offer to unify belts with Jorge Linares early next year, Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez, who promotes Linares, told ESPN on Wednesday."

So, should we believe what Golden Boy Promotions president Eric Gomez told ESPN's Dan Rafael? The problem is that when being deposed, Eric Gomez admitted under oath that he often lies to ESPN's Dan Rafael.

Which means we should look at the actual facts. The fact is that Linares is the mandatory and he refuses to enforce the fight. The WBC wants a purse bid and now Linares is avoiding it.

yea but thats not the whole article lol. mikey said it himself he turned it down for a better offer.

"We couldn't make it, but I agreed with Eric Gomez that we'd be in touch to make it after this fight," Garcia told ESPN Deportes. "I have more options, really, compared to what I had. The guaranteed purse is better, even though I really want the Linares fight, but you have to take into consideration the business. As Golden Boy is looking to do the best for their company, so I look out for me."

that pretty much ends the debate. i dont think mikey is ducking he just wanted to make more money elsewhere. but he shouldn't act salty because loma now wants to fight linares.

Comment

yea but thats not the whole article lol. mikey said it himself he turned it down for a better offer.
                      He turned down GB's BS offer, but if Linares wants the fight, he doesn't have to make a BS offer. Go to purse bid. It's a mandatory fight. Linares stalled by refusing to enforce his position. Everything GB did here was simply for optics. Make Mikey ****ty offers so he can "turn them down" when the truth is that Linares is the mandatory and could have forced the purse bid if he actually wanted the fight.

The WBC has gotten fed up with Linares stalling and now that they're demanding a purse bid, Linares doesn't want the fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X