Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Embraces The Idea of Manny Pacquiao vs. Lucas Matthysse

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say bring this fight on. Good choices for both fighters at this stage of their careers. Good match up.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
      Well i guess its 0-1 to jeff horn the school teacher.
      Unfortunately, yes! That’s why he’s the champion, I may not agree that he beat Pac fair and square but it is what it is. That’s what we are here for, to exchange opinions and respect each other.

Comment

As others have said PAC needs to step it up or just retire. He just fought Jeff Horn and now they are bringing him back against a clearly worn and retired Alvarado? Mathysee looked terrible against a journeyman and received a strange looking KO after being dominated. Now PAC could be fighting him after? What is the criteria for his opposition? He is going to keep going until one of these Cherry Pics catches him clean on another bad night. Clearly his heart isn’t in this thing anymore. These agenda guys love to bring up Mayweathers last few fights but Berto on the back of beating Pacquiao would be a bigger threat than the guys PAC is facing. But most importantly mayweather was retired and not stealing younger fighters shine in the rankings. Matter fact PAC please fight Beto now? Maybe even Collazzo for a step up? And who wouldn’t fight McGregor for the “Second highest selling PPV of all time.” 4.4 million viewers at close to 100 a house? Pac, Oscar and Canelo were all chasing that same fight while condemning it for Floyd. Pac is a guy who if he had eeked it against Horn would still be holding the belt hostage fighting The “Who are you” and “Where have you been of boxing.” PAC is draining his legacy by hanging around too long. Just look at the comments on boxingscene. If we are all honest he hasn’t looked phenomenal in the era of testing and I was really a huge fan. Tell me, as a fan, why would you want to see him go out like this? Especially if he was supposedly old when he lost to an even older Mayweather? You guys don’t even make sense any more. You have spun yourselves dizzy. But no spinning a spiraling career against resurrected bodies of the no variety.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
          Has anybody else ever wanted to become a senator and a boxer at the same time. My guess is no but i could be wrong.
          If I were a boxer, I would stick to boxing and nothing else, Pac’s boxing skills went downhills when he became a politician.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
            As others have said PAC needs to step it up or just retire. He just fought Jeff Horn and now they are bringing him back against a clearly worn and retired Alvarado? Mathysee looked terrible against a journeyman and received a strange looking KO after being dominated. Now PAC could be fighting him after? What is the criteria for his opposition? He is going to keep going until one of these Cherry Pics catches him clean on another bad night. Clearly his heart isn’t in this thing anymore. These agenda guys love to bring up Mayweathers last few fights but Berto on the back of beating Pacquiao would be a bigger threat than the guys PAC is facing. But most importantly mayweather was retired and not stealing younger fighters shine in the rankings. Matter fact PAC please fight Beto now? Maybe even Collazzo for a step up? And who wouldn’t fight McGregor for the “Second highest selling PPV of all time.” 4.4 million viewers at close to 100 a house? Pac, Oscar and Canelo were all chasing that same fight while condemning it for Floyd. Pac is a guy who if he had eeked it against Horn would still be holding the belt hostage fighting The “Who are you” and “Where have you been of boxing.” PAC is draining his legacy by hanging around too long. Just look at the comments on boxingscene. If we are all honest he hasn’t looked phenomenal in the era of testing and I was really a huge fan. Tell me, as a fan, why would you want to see him go out like this? Especially if he was supposedly old when he lost to an even older Mayweather? You guys don’t even make sense any more. You have spun yourselves dizzy. But no spinning a spiraling career against resurrected bodies of the no variety.
            Pac’s boxing skills declined when he became a politician, you’re right his heart is not in boxing anymore, I guess he’s just doing it to support his political ambitions. You have to be committed to be on top.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              wtf kind of response was that????

These are all facts. I guess you didn't like that.
              Actually those werent facts and its pointless debating someone who doesnt know the facts. In the first negotiations your right Manny wanted a 14 day cutoff and Floyd wanted a week, but the second negotiations Manny agreed to a 7 day cutoff and Floyd wanted testing until the day of. That is the facts my friend

Comment

wtf kind of response was that????

These are all facts. I guess you didn't like that.
                Also you said Usada was with him well before and after but it was reported they showed up to his house unnanounced to do drug testing when they discovered him being administered the Iv saline and vitamins. What a coincidence the ped testers show up and he gets an iv that would easily mask presence of peds. Also you said they checked for dilution, any proof of that? Because he was clearly getting the Iv when the inspectors came there is no debate about that so it doesnt really matter if they checked for dilution or not

Comment

You have a lot of false statements here.

1. Manny didn't agree to blood testing the week of. He wanted no blood testing within 24 days of the fight. Mayweather agreed to no testing 14 days before.

2. There were no massive quan****** of saline and vitamins. It was 750ml. That's less than they give to cure a hangover.

3. USADA didn't catch him in the act. USADA was with him well before the IV and during the IV.

4. An IV masks by dilution. The urine sample was checked for dilution by the DCO and also by the independent WADA lab.
                  Not to mention he was tested in 2011 abd 2013 as having exceptionally low testosterone levels of an 80 year old man. Very strange for a world class athlete with 4 percent body fat. Its clear as day to me Mayweather was a cheater. Much more evidence of him cheating than Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                    Actually those werent facts and its pointless debating someone who doesnt know the facts. In the first negotiations your right Manny wanted a 14 day cutoff and Floyd wanted a week, but the second negotiations Manny agreed to a 7 day cutoff and Floyd wanted testing until the day of. That is the facts my friend
                    Jesus Christ, how many times are you going to get this wrong?

Will caps help out?

MANNY PACQUIAO WANTED A 24 DAY CUT-OFF. MAYWEATHER AGREED TO 14 DAYS. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT. I wrote this to you clearly already. Can you read???

The negotiations fell apart earlier this year when Mayweather refused to give Pacquiao a 24-day cutoff on the testing. Mayweather wanted a 14-day cutoff. The next time they negotiate, the deal could be harder to make.
                    https://www.si.com/boxing/2010/05/02...iao-mayweather

Those are the facts, my friend!
                    Last edited by travestyny; 02-04-2018, 06:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                      Also you said Usada was with him well before and after but it was reported they showed up to his house unnanounced to do drug testing when they discovered him being administered the Iv saline and vitamins. What a coincidence the ped testers show up and he gets an iv that would easily mask presence of peds.
                      Why would he be rehydrated before the weigh-in. Does that make sense to you? He was rehydrated AFTER the weigh-in. It was reported by USADA.

The IV was administered after the athlete had already been notified by the USADA DCO and in the presence of the USADA DCO. In addition, Mr. Mayweather declared the infusion in advance to the USADA DCO, who was made aware of the need for the IV due to Mr. Mayweather’s physical condition and who continued to monitor Mr. Mayweather throughout the administration of the IV by the paramedic and thereafter until a full sample was collected from Mr. Mayweather. Mr. Mayweather was never outside the physical presence of the USADA DCO from long before the IV was administered until well after administration when the urine sample collection process was complete.
                      https://www.usada.org/wp-content/upl...Tom-Hauser.pdf
                      FACTS. Even Thomas Hauser, whom is probably who you got the false information that they caught him taking the IV, had to go back on this because it makes no ****ing sense!

There’s one significant correction in it that I accept. Prior to USADA’s September 17 statement, it was widely believed that its doping control officer went to Mayweather’s Las Vegas home to conduct an unannounced drug test and found evidence of an IV being administered to Mayweather. USADA maintains – and I will accept - that “Mr. Mayweather declared the infusion in advance to the USADA DCO.”

https://www.usada.org/wp-content/upl...Tom-Hauser.pdf

Got it now??? FACTS!

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
                      Also you said they checked for dilution, any proof of that? Because he was clearly getting the Iv when the inspectors came there is no debate about that so it doesnt really matter if they checked for dilution or not
                      Do you have any idea of how this all works? You're right: discussing this with someone who doesn't know facts is worthless. Let me explain this to you:

A*urine specific gravity test*compares the density of urine to the density of water. This quick test can help determine how well your*kidneys*are diluting your urine.
                      https://www.healthline.com/health/ur...ecific-gravity

FROM WADA's DCO Training Toolkit:

15. The DCO should confirm the sample is within the required range by testing the specific gravity using the residual volume of urine remaining in the collection vessel. The DCO should record the actual measurement for specific gravity on the Doping Control Form. The DCO should follow the Measuring Specific Gravity procedure (See reference 6.3).

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defau...v3_full_en.pdf
                      From WADA's International Standards for Laboratories

5.2.4.1 Urine analysis for adulteration or manipulation

5.2.4.1.2 The Laboratory shall measure the pH and specific gravity. Other tests that may assist in the evaluation of adulteration or manipulation may be performed if deemed necessary by the Laboratory.

https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/defau..._june_2016.pdf

AND HERE IS VISUAL AID IF YOU NEED!!!

So summing up, the DCO did NOT catch Mayweather in the process of having an IV. DCO arrived at 1pm before Mayweather even went to the weigh-in. The IV was taken after the weigh-in, and the DCO was already with him before that point.

The urine was checked not once for dilution, but TWICE. By the DCO and by the laboratory. The specific gravity of the sample is required to be taken by both, or a red flag would be sent when the information is put into the ADAMS online system. By the way, the urine that was sent to the lab does NOT have the athlete's name attached to it. It is only identified by a number. But it has to be consistent with other samples given by Mayweather or it will set off a red flag due to the Athlete Biological Passport that USADA uses. The WADA LAB does not work for USADA. It is completely independent and reports directly to WADA.

You got it now? Clearly I know a lot more about this than you do, so get out of here with your high horse bullshlt. I've provided plenty of facts and documented information while you can't even get right how many days Pacquiao was asking to be spared for giving less than a tablespoon of blood.
                      Last edited by travestyny; 02-04-2018, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X