No announcement yet.

Another reason Wilder isn't as popular as past U.S. HW champs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another reason Wilder isn't as popular as past U.S. HW champs

His fights are fucking boring as fuck! You're basically sitting around watching bad boxing waiting on that right hand to land. The right hand lands and the fight is over. Name an exciting Wilder fight. I'll wait.

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    His fights are fucking boring as fuck! You're basically sitting around watching bad boxing waiting on that right hand to land. The right hand lands and the fight is over. Name an exciting Wilder fight. I'll wait.
    Widler vs Molina but it was just fun watching a nobody bum beat up on wilder till finally finally power came through.

Comment

His ratings have been very strong. Try again.

Comment

Wilders style is very hard to watch ,its quirky and inconsistant round by round . Only hard core fans actually would understand what hes doing half the time or trying to do.

His style itself is not boxing friendly which is why even a win over Joshua wouldn't change anything . Its all about the style and Joshua brings that seek and destroy grit to the ring every fight not just when he feels like it .

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
          His ratings have been very strong. Try again.
          Compared to past U.S. HW's? That's what this topic is about. Comparing Wilder to past American Heavyweights

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Wilders style is very hard to watch ,its quirky and inconsistant round by round . Only hard core fans actually would understand what hes doing half the time or trying to do.

His style itself is not boxing friendly which is why even a win over Joshua wouldn't change anything . Its all about the style and Joshua brings that seek and destroy grit to the ring every fight not just when he feels like it .
            That's what I'm saying. I like Wilder but it's hard to watch him. You'd think an American HW with a KO % like his would be must see TV. But instead it's just watching him waiting on that right hand to land.

Comment

Compared to past U.S. HW's? That's what this topic is about. Comparing Wilder to past American Heavyweights
              Well he's more popular than Charles Martin, Shannon Briggs, Hasim Rahman, Lamon Brewster, John Ruiz, Chris Byrd, etc.

So what you're really saying is that heavyweight boxing isn't as popular as it was in the days of Tyson and Holyfield and then somehow blaming that on Wilder's fighting style, which makes no sense.

Comment

I'd rather watch Wilder than any heavyweight in the world bar AJ.

Try watching Fury's fights before Klitschko. Now they are ****ing painful.

Comment

Originally posted by tonysoprano View Post
                  I'd rather watch Wilder than any heavyweight in the world bar AJ.

Try watching Fury's fights before Klitschko. Now they are ****ing painful.
                  Fury-Klitschko was boring

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    Well he's more popular than Charles Martin, Shannon Briggs, Hasim Rahman, Lamon Brewster, John Ruiz, Chris Byrd, etc.

So what you're really saying is that heavyweight boxing isn't as popular as it was in the days of Tyson and Holyfield and then somehow blaming that on Wilder's fighting style, which makes no sense.
                    An American HW with a 97% KO rate should be more popular than what he is. His fights are boring to watch. That's not up for debate.

Comment

Working...
                    X