Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prediction: Anthony Joshua isn't going to knock Joseph Parker out cleanly if at all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prediction: Anthony Joshua isn't going to knock Joseph Parker out cleanly if at all

Outside a premature British stoppage, Anthony Joshua's punching power has been exposed at the highest level of boxing to be not as effective as against lower tier boxers ranked below the top 20 for getting clean knockouts. And as proven against Carlos Takam, a guy who he needed a premature British stoppage to maintain his misleading 100% knockout record, his chances of winning by a clean knockout if any knockout against Joseph Parker is going to be just as low, if not lower.

Alexander Povetkin already knocked Carlos Takam out cleanly and Takam's punch resistance from then had to have decreased. Yet, the much bigger, heavier, taller and rangier Anthony Joshua failed to KO Takam cleanly.

Can we please avoid overrating Anthony Joshua's punching power and avoid putting higher expectations on him than what he deserves and has earned?

I predicted Anthony Joshua wasn't going to KO Carlos Takam and I was correct! So I'm likely to be correct here because Joseph Parker's punch resistance is just as good, if not better than Takam's.

Parker is a very rugged, tough boxer who has never been down. It's very possible that AJ may need one of those famous British premature stoppages to win by KO. AJ is a big puncher though and I have no doubt about that. A powerful lean 245 pound boxer with fast hands and correct punching form hits very hard.

Comment

Agreed. Fight goes 12.

Comment

Takam, took 17 unanswered blows and a upper cut was on the way right up the middle that wouldn't have missed before the ref jumped in . The bell also rang in the 4th round after Takam was rocked to a knee hitting the canvas .

Takam was a bloody mess continually having to rub blood out of both eyes and battered the majority of the fight and that was Joshua taking his time .

Takam was nearly 20 pounds more also for Povetkin and didn't move nearly as much as the 240 mark is better suited for a 6'2 guy . He was 235 against Joshua . His punch resistance may have been better in the Povetkin fight but his ability to move more wasn't .

The major point here is Parker is 6'4 and stands straight up making him far easier to hit than low crouching Takam who knows how to roll with punches . And Parker hasnt fought any power punchers yet to rate his chin though he was stunned by a counter Takam right which drove him to the ropes in rnd 9 .

I expect Joshua to stop Parker before rnd 6 . Im picking 4 .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-20-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

agree with OP, Joshua does not seem to possess cold power

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
            Takam, took 17 unanswered blows and a upper cut was on the way right up the middle that wouldn't have missed before the ref jumped in . The bell also rang in the 4th round after Takam was rocked to a knee hitting the canvas .

Takam was a bloody mess continually having to rub blood out of both eyes the majority of the fight and that was Joshua taking his time .

Takam was nearly 20 pounds more also for Povetkin and didn't move nearly as much as the 240 mark is better suited for a 6'2 guy . He was 235 against Joshua . His punch resistance may have been better in the Povetkin fight but so was his ability to move more .

The major point here is Parker is 6'4 and stands straight up making him far easier to hit than low crouching Takam who knows how to roll with punches . And Parker hasnt fought any power punchers yet to rate his chin though he was stunned by a counter Takam right which drove him to the ropes in rnd 9 .

I expect Joshua to stop Parker before rnd 6 . Im picking 4 .

Takam was never hurt once, the flash KD he bounced up immediately and the stoppage...everyone but AJ fanboys agree was ridiculous.

why dont you show us the '17 unanswered blows' LMAO, he was missing practically every single shot

@ the TS. this is a prediction:
            https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=695528
            Last edited by mlac; 01-20-2018, 11:42 AM.

Comment

You desperate American fans are funny

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
                Outside a premature British stoppage, Anthony Joshua's punching power has been exposed at the highest level of boxing to be not as effective as against lower tier boxers ranked below the top 20 for getting clean knockouts. And as proven against Carlos Takam, a guy who he needed a premature British stoppage to maintain his misleading 100% knockout record, his chances of winning by a clean knockout if any knockout against Joseph Parker is going to be just as low, if not lower.

Alexander Povetkin already knocked Carlos Takam out cleanly and Takam's punch resistance from then had to have decreased. Yet, the much bigger, heavier, taller and rangier Anthony Joshua failed to KO Takam cleanly.

Can we please avoid overrating Anthony Joshua's punching power and avoid putting higher expectations on him than what he deserves and has earned?

I predicted Anthony Joshua wasn't going to KO Carlos Takam and I was correct! So I'm likely to be correct here because Joseph Parker's punch resistance is just as good, if not better than Takam's.
                The 100% KO ratio is meaningless. It was for Wilder when he had it

Doesn’t really matter how he wins as long as he does so clearly

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post

Takam was never hurt once, the flash KD he bounced up immediately and the stoppage...everyone but AJ fanboys agree was ridiculous.

why dont you show us the '17 unanswered blows' LMAO, he was missing practically every single shot
                  THE TS. this is a prediction:
                  https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=695528
                  I didnt say he was hurt ,however Joshua isnt just going to look at him while his equalibrium is off ,hes a great finsher who goes for the stoppage when the opportunity is there .

He missed the last few shots to Takam,NOT landing anything himself the entire time . If you actually watched the fight you would count how many punches Joshua landed as soon as the bell rang .

Thats not a great or accurate prediction either bc obviously Joshua was the best skilled and your a fanboy . Parker is also not the last man standing ,he wont even have a belt after this fight and Fury and Wilder or Ortiz are still there .
                  Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-20-2018, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
                    I didnt say he was hurt ,however Joshua isnt just going to look at him while his equalibrium is off ,hes a great finsher who goes for the stoppage when the opportunity is there .

He missed the last few shots to NOT landing anything himself . If you actually watched the fight you would count how many punches Joshua landed as soon as the bell rang .

Thats not a accurate prediction bc obviously Joshua was the best skilled and your a fanboy . Parker is also not the last man standing ,he wont even have a belt after this fight and Fury and Wilder or Ortiz are still there .
                    You know your an ultra fanboy nutthugger when even the most biased company men pundits like johnny nelson say the stoppage was bad and too early.

LOL
                    AJ was 14-0 and was not even euro level, best win gary cornish. He was scheduled to fight Whyte in a pick em grudge match.

Joseph parker was 15-0, best win was a 45 year old kali meehan, he hadnt beaten anyone in the top 50 in the world.

I predicted they would meet in 3 years time to unify the division. what a terrible prediction

Comment

Working...
                    X