Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Prediction: Anthony Joshua isn't going to knock Joseph Parker out cleanly if at all

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
    I like Joshua but Joshua never came close to stopping Carlos Takam. Takam was evading most of Joshua's most significant punches and was able to absorb some of them too.

Also, Carlos Takam's movement was more or less just as good against Povetkin as it was against Joshua. The main difference I believe was that Povetkin's punching accuracy and timing were better than Joshua's. So Joshua made it seem like Takam's movement was better than what it actually was due to having a more difficult time to land his punches from having inferior accuracy and timing. And although Joshua did land a few clean punches on Takam, they didn't have the same effect that Povetkin's punches had on Takam. Povetkin's punches on the inside probably hit Takam with more power than Joshua's punches did.
    Takam stood right in front of Povetkin . Against Joshua he did that in spurts . A more aggressive Joshua would have finished him by 4 rounds ,a full training camp for Takam would have finished him by 4 rounds .

Joshua is still adjusting to different styles . Everybodys going to see just how easy the upright Parker is easily hit , hes going to get battered . I really cant see this going past mid rounds if Joshua tries too end the fight .

Joshua predicted a 10 round stoppage on Takam . He also threw more punches in that round than any other barring one . If he attacks early no one should last the entire fight at this point now .

Im pretty sure Hammer wouldn't go 10 with Joshua , you cant seriously think Povetkin carries better knock out abilities based on one fight . Povetkin accuracy was better bc Takam did little shoulder rolling against him ,Takams not going to trade and brawl with Joshua ,the fight wouldn't go past 3 rounds .

Joshua also hit Takam far less and inflicted way more damage . If Takam makes it out of round 10 ( i don't think he would have ) he still has 2 more too go .

I dont know where the idea Takam being painted as a fresh fighter walking through everything is coming from ?

The guy looked like he was mugged and every solid shot on him literally rattled his entire body .

Using the type of logic here you are doing is like saying Ortiz hits harder than Klitchko bc he stopped Jennings . We all know thats not the case . Klitchko was actually instructed to just box and not take chances in that fight - Joshua was coasting in that fight and still battering Takam .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-21-2018, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Takam stood right in front of Povetkin . Against Joshua he did that in spurts . A more aggressive Joshua would have finished him by 4 rounds ,a full training camp for Takam would have finished him by 4 rounds .

Joshua is still adjusting to different styles . Everybodys going to see just how easy the upright Parker is easily hit , hes going to get battered . I really cant see this going past mid rounds if Joshua tries too end the fight .

Joshua predicted a 10 round stoppage on Takam . He also threw more punches in that round than any other barring one . If he attacks early no one should last the entire fight at this point now .

Im pretty sure Hammer wouldn't go 10 with Joshua , you cant seriously think Povetkin carries better knock out abilities based on one fight . Povetkin accuracy was better bc Takam did little shoulder rolling against him ,Takams not going to trade and brawl with Joshua ,the fight wouldn't go past 3 rounds .

Joshua also hit Takam far less and inflicted way more damage . If Takam makes it out of round 10 ( i don't think he would have ) he still has 2 more too go .

I dont know where the idea Takam being painted as a fresh fighter walking through everything is coming from ?

The guy looked like he was mugged and every solid shot on him literally rattled his entire body .

Using the type of logic here you are doing is like saying Ortiz hits harder than Klitchko bc he stopped Jennings . We all know thats not the case . Klitchko was actually instructed to just box and not take chances in that fight - Joshua was coasting in that fight and still battering Takam .
      - Carlos Takam didn't just stand there against Alexander Povetkin. Takam showed just as good movement against Povetkin but unlike Joshua, Povetkin was coming forward more, closing the distance better and quicker with better accuracy and punch variation. Povetkin was ABLE to be more aggressive due to possessing better offensive skills than Joshua

- Alexander Povetkin from 2014 would've probably stopped 2017 version of Carlos Takam that fought Anthony Joshua inside 3 rounds, just like how Povetkin stopped Mike Perez in 1 round. Difference is, Povetkin would've most likely knocked Takam out cleanly unlike Joshua who usually needs premature stoppages against such opponents. Takam's punch resistance in 2017 (when Joshua fought him) wasn't the same as it was in 2014 because when someone gets knocked out cleanly once, their punch resistance usually drops. Povetkin faced a prime, previously UN-KO'ed version of Takam but still managed to KO Takam cleanly whilst Joshua failed to cleanly KO a version of Takam that was previously coming from a brutal KO loss. Takam's declined punch resistance in 2017 is the reason why Povetkin would've knocked out Takam even quicker than he did back in 2014.

- You're seriously overrating Joshua's power and / or underrating Parker's punch resistance if you think Joshua is going to have an easy time knocking out Parker. Parker has never been dropped or stopped in his amateur or pro career whilst Joshua has been stopped in the amateurs before, by Mihai Nistor. Parker is close to Takam's level and if Joshua failed to cleanly KO Takam, he isn't going to find Parker any easier to KO. And Parker isn't easy to catch with consecutive punches because he has good lateral movement. Joshua isn't the most concussive single punch knockout artist / power puncher either since he relies on accumulation and combination punching which isn't going to be easy for Joshua on a moving Parker.

- Anthony Joshua being overly aggressive and throwing too many punches can obviously increase his chances of stopping opponents early. However, this also increases the chances of him gassing out. Thus, it's a double edged sword. Joshua threw many punches against Takam in the 10th round but Takam didn't look like he was going anywhere, nor was he close to getting stopped. So who knows what would've happened without that premature stoppage? There's every chance Joshua could've gassed out like how Wladimir Klitshcko did against Ross Purity and lost by TKO. This could also happen against Parker if he takes too much risks like that and isn't careful enough. So this argument works both ways! Joshua boxing more aggressively isn't a guarantee that he would stop his opponents early. He could end up gassing himself up and then getting stopped himself.

- The Christian Hammer that fought Povetkin might be able to go 12 rounds against Joshua too. However, Povetkin is 39 years of age now and he is a high intensity pressure fighter. Thus, his style isn't suited for an old age and he is therefore clearly past his best. I don't expect Povetkin to look as impressive around the age of 40 as he was in his early 30's. Joshua is 27 years of age and is over 10 years younger. Yet, Povetkin might still be Joshua's toughest opponent out of the current bunch of heavyweights. Are Wilder, Parker, Miller or any of the other heavyweights out there more challenging an opponent for Joshua as a near 40 year old Povetkin is?

- Alexander Povetkin at his absolute best has shown to carry better concussive knockout abilities than Anthony Joshua. That's a fact! Povetkin has knocked out multiple opponents, even highly ranked opponents cleanly out cold or even unconscious. How many high ranked opponents has Joshua knocked out cleanly or in a concussive manner? Fewer than Povetkin, that's for sure! Most of Joshua's knockouts are from accumulation of punches and some are flat out premature stoppages.

- There's no way you can justifiably argue that Joshua inflicted more damage on Takam than Povetkin did. Povetkin knocked Takam out cleanly by dropping him to the canvas to the point where Takam couldn't even get back up. Whilst Takam was still a boxer who was previously UN-KO'ed against Povetkin. That's more damaging than causing some visible facial damage that Joshua inflicted on Takam.

I'd rather have a few marks in my face, than get knocked out clean to the point where I can't get back up to my feet for a few minutes.

- Wladimir Klitschko was way past his best against Bryant Jennings after having a ridiculously long career for a super heavyweight. Do you realize how much toll it takes for any boxer's body, never mind a giant super heavyweight like Wladimir Klitschko after having 69 bouts? Wladimir Klitschko from 2006 - 2012 would've knocked out Bryant Jennings just like how he knocked out Eddie Chambers and Chris Byrd.

I'm not basing my argument on just one fight (Against Carlos Takam) that Povetkin carries better knockout abilities than Joshua. Povetkin has consistently shown the better concussive knockout abilities. Joshua rarely gets concussive or clean knockouts. Dillian Whyte was Joshua's more impressive clean knockout performances but Povetkin has many more of those knockout performances that are equally good, if not even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Objecitivity View Post
        - Carlos Takam didn't just stand there against Alexander Povetkin. Takam showed just as good movement against Povetkin but unlike Joshua, Povetkin was coming forward more, closing the distance better and quicker with better accuracy and punch variation. Povetkin was ABLE to be more aggressive due to possessing better offensive skills than Joshua

- Alexander Povetkin from 2014 would've probably stopped 2017 version of Carlos Takam that fought Anthony Joshua inside 3 rounds, just like how Povetkin stopped Mike Perez in 1 round. Difference is, Povetkin would've most likely knocked Takam out cleanly unlike Joshua who usually needs premature stoppages against such opponents. Takam's punch resistance in 2017 (when Joshua fought him) wasn't the same as it was in 2014 because when someone gets knocked out cleanly once, their punch resistance usually drops. Povetkin faced a prime, previously UN-KO'ed version of Takam but still managed to KO Takam cleanly whilst Joshua failed to cleanly KO a version of Takam that was previously coming from a brutal KO loss. Takam's declined punch resistance in 2017 is the reason why Povetkin would've knocked out Takam even quicker than he did back in 2014.

- You're seriously overrating Joshua's power and / or underrating Parker's punch resistance if you think Joshua is going to have an easy time knocking out Parker. Parker has never been dropped or stopped in his amateur or pro career whilst Joshua has been stopped in the amateurs before, by Mihai Nistor. Parker is close to Takam's level and if Joshua failed to cleanly KO Takam, he isn't going to find Parker any easier to KO. And Parker isn't easy to catch with consecutive punches because he has good lateral movement. Joshua isn't the most concussive single punch knockout artist / power puncher either since he relies on accumulation and combination punching which isn't going to be easy for Joshua on a moving Parker.

- Anthony Joshua being overly aggressive and throwing too many punches can obviously increase his chances of stopping opponents early. However, this also increases the chances of him gassing out. Thus, it's a double edged sword. Joshua threw many punches against Takam in the 10th round but Takam didn't look like he was going anywhere, nor was he close to getting stopped. So who knows what would've happened without that premature stoppage? There's every chance Joshua could've gassed out like how Wladimir Klitshcko did against Ross Purity and lost by TKO. This could also happen against Parker if he takes too much risks like that and isn't careful enough. So this argument works both ways! Joshua boxing more aggressively isn't a guarantee that he would stop his opponents early. He could end up gassing himself up and then getting stopped himself.

- The Christian Hammer that fought Povetkin might be able to go 12 rounds against Joshua too. However, Povetkin is 39 years of age now and he is a high intensity pressure fighter. Thus, his style isn't suited for an old age and he is therefore clearly past his best. I don't expect Povetkin to look as impressive around the age of 40 as he was in his early 30's. Joshua is 27 years of age and is over 10 years younger. Yet, Povetkin might still be Joshua's toughest opponent out of the current bunch of heavyweights. Are Wilder, Parker, Miller or any of the other heavyweights out there more challenging an opponent for Joshua as a near 40 year old Povetkin is?

- Alexander Povetkin at his absolute best has shown to carry better concussive knockout abilities than Anthony Joshua. That's a fact! Povetkin has knocked out multiple opponents, even highly ranked opponents cleanly out cold or even unconscious. How many high ranked opponents has Joshua knocked out cleanly or in a concussive manner? Fewer than Povetkin, that's for sure! Most of Joshua's knockouts are from accumulation of punches and some are flat out premature stoppages.

- There's no way you can justifiably argue that Joshua inflicted more damage on Takam than Povetkin did. Povetkin knocked Takam out cleanly by dropping him to the canvas to the point where Takam couldn't even get back up. Whilst Takam was still a boxer who was previously UN-KO'ed against Povetkin. That's more damaging than causing some visible facial damage that Joshua inflicted on Takam.

I'd rather have a few marks in my face, than get knocked out clean to the point where I can't get back up to my feet for a few minutes.

- Wladimir Klitschko was way past his best against Bryant Jennings after having a ridiculously long career for a super heavyweight. Do you realize how much toll it takes for any boxer's body, never mind a giant super heavyweight like Wladimir Klitschko after having 69 bouts? Wladimir Klitschko from 2006 - 2012 would've knocked out Bryant Jennings just like how he knocked out Eddie Chambers and Chris Byrd.

I'm not basing my argument on just one fight (Against Carlos Takam) that Povetkin carries better knockout abilities than Joshua. Povetkin has consistently shown the better concussive knockout abilities. Joshua rarely gets concussive or clean knockouts. Dillian Whyte was Joshua's more impressive clean knockout performances but Povetkin has many more of those knockout performances that are equally good, if not even better.
        Aggression has nothing to do with being better offensively skilled .

Povetkin is strictly a pressure fighter and despite beinga grinder in close and force k.o's he doesnt get them as much , obviously Joshua has all stoppages thus far using calculated mythodical means , in seamingly being able to force k.o's when he wanted ,even against Klitchko .

Dillian Whyte was his 15th fight , hardly worth noting even if the fight went 12 .

" Klitchko could have K.O 'd Jennings in the first 3 rounds but was told too box , i was furious " Ali Bashir .

It doesnt matter what age you are it matters the performance . Anyone who followed Klitchkos career from the VERY beginning knows he was as athletic as he was bc he DIDNT have alot of toll on his body . Hes actually the most athletic HW in his 40's weve ever seen .

Alot of Joshuas fights have been stoppages that would produce clean cold K.O s like Whyte , the referees themselves are robbing the fans /saving further punishment to the fighters not Joshua .

Povetkins own best stoppage was against Wach ,which was an actual B.S stoppage due to trickle of blood in the last round .

Here is a list of Povetkins best opposition he didn't K.O :

1 / Eddie Chambers . UD

2 / Ruslan Chgaev / UD

3 . Marco Huck / MD

4/ Andey Rudenko / UD

5 /Christian Hammer . UD CURRENT fight

I could also add Wach .

Heres a list of top guys he actually did K.O /stop .

1/ Cedric Boswell 8th rnd . Age 41 Fight stopped as Boswell goes down on both knees and looks around at the crowd in exhaustion . Concussive K.O ? Nope

2 / Hasim Rahman 2nd rnd . Not in Prime , retired a fight later . Fight stopped while Rahman still on his feet .Concussive knock out ? Nope

3 / Andrej Wawzyk . 3rd rnd .Meaningless win and fight waved off AFTER Wawrzyk got up and waved off BC of a bloody nose and second knock down . Hardly a concussive knock out .

4 / Manuel Charr . 7th rnd . Decent win . Finished off with muliple shots srending him through the ropes and still tried getting up as the ref held him down . Concussive K.O ? Nope .

5 / Carlos Takam 10th round .Good win . Concussive K.O ? Yep .

What FIGHTS would you definatevly say proves as you stated Povetkin hitting harder than Joshua ?

Povetkin at his absolute best was busted for Peds . These fighters in that time frame included .

1 . Perez . Really a cruiser weight .

2 . Mariusz Wach . He didnt actually K.O him.

3 . Johann Duapah . His only meaningful K.O besides Takam . However going by the criteria you put his punch resistance is down from the repeated power punches Wilder hit him with .

Even if you included these wins its simply illogical thinking Povetkins punches have the same impact as Joshuas .

Takam vs Povetkin and Joshua were two completely different fights not just punch volume wise but pace . Theres really not much more too say on it .

1.Povetkin was 18 pounds heavier against Povetkin ,he did not move more .

2 . Joshua only had 2 weeks to prepare for him switching to what was a 6'5 back foot long jabber .

If you really want to see how hard Joshua hits go watch Breazeale vs Izu then watch Breazeale vs Joshua and how effortlessly hes hurting him . Even finshed him off with a jab that landed partially on the gloves but still rattled Breazeales body to the canvas .

Your thread premise is trying to prove Povetkin hits harder than Joshua . My posts should clearly show he doesn't .

If Joshua doesn't K.O Parker .

1. Parker must have a great chin.

2 . Joshua wasnt aggressive enough .

3 . Parker has never been K.O 'd you cant fault Joshua

4. It would have no meaning on Povetkin s power based who he failed to knock out .

5. Any form of a Joshua stoppage will just continue to provehow much of a dangerous puncher he actually is .

6. Whyte , Martin , Breazeale have only been k.o'd by Joshua . IM betting Parker is going to be added to this list .
        Last edited by juggernaut666; 01-22-2018, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
          Aggression has nothing to do with being better offensively skilled .

Povetkin is strictly a pressure fighter and despite beinga grinder in close and force k.o's he doesnt get them as much , obviously Joshua has all stoppages thus far using calculated mythodical means , in seamingly being able to force k.o's when he wanted ,even against Klitchko .

Dillian Whyte was his 15th fight , hardly worth noting even if the fight went 12 .

" Klitchko could have K.O 'd Jennings in the first 3 rounds but was told too box , i was furious " Ali Bashir .

It doesnt matter what age you are it matters the performance . Anyone who followed Klitchkos career from the VERY beginning knows he was as athletic as he was bc he DIDNT have alot of toll on his body . Hes actually the most athletic HW in his 40's weve ever seen .

Alot of Joshuas fights have been stoppages that would produce clean cold K.O s like Whyte , the referees themselves are robbing the fans /saving further punishment to the fighters not Joshua .

Povetkins own best stoppage was against Wach ,which was an actual B.S stoppage due to trickle of blood in the last round .

Here is a list of Povetkins best opposition he didn't K.O :

1 / Eddie Chambers . UD

2 / Ruslan Chgaev / UD

3 . Marco Huck / MD

4/ Andey Rudenko / UD

5 /Christian Hammer . UD CURRENT fight

I could also add Wach .

Heres a list of top guys he actually did K.O /stop .

1/ Cedric Boswell 8th rnd . Age 41 Fight stopped as Boswell goes down on both knees and looks around at the crowd in exhaustion . Concussive K.O ? Nope

2 / Hasim Rahman 2nd rnd . Not in Prime , retired a fight later . Fight stopped while Rahman still on his feet .Concussive knock out ? Nope

3 / Andrej Wawzyk . 3rd rnd .Meaningless win and fight waved off AFTER Wawrzyk got up and waved off BC of a bloody nose and second knock down . Hardly a concussive knock out .

4 / Manuel Charr . 7th rnd . Decent win . Finished off with muliple shots srending him through the ropes and still tried getting up as the ref held him down . Concussive K.O ? Nope .

5 / Carlos Takam 10th round .Good win . Concussive K.O ? Yep .

What FIGHTS would you definatevly say proves as you stated Povetkin hitting harder than Joshua ?

Povetkin at his absolute best was busted for Peds . These fighters in that time frame included .

1 . Perez . Really a cruiser weight .

2 . Mariusz Wach . He didnt actually K.O him.

3 . Johann Duapah . His only meaningful K.O besides Takam . However going by the criteria you put his punch resistance is down from the repeated power punches Wilder hit him with .

Even if you included these wins its simply illogical thinking Povetkins punches have the same impact as Joshuas .

Takam vs Povetkin and Joshua were two completely different fights not just punch volume wise but pace . Theres really not much more too say on it .

1.Povetkin was 18 pounds heavier against Povetkin ,he did not move more .

2 . Joshua only had 2 weeks to prepare for him switching to what was a 6'5 back foot long jabber .

If you really want to see how hard Joshua hits go watch Breazeale vs Izu then watch Breazeale vs Joshua and how effortlessly hes hurting him . Even finshed him off with a jab that landed partially on the gloves but still rattled Breazeales body to the canvas .

Your thread premise is trying to prove Povetkin hits harder than Joshua . My posts should clearly show he doesn't .

If Joshua doesn't K.O Parker .

1. Parker must have a great chin.

2 . Joshua wasnt aggressive enough .

3 . Parker has never been K.O 'd you cant fault Joshua

4. It would have no meaning on Povetkin s power based who he failed to knock out .

5. Any form of a Joshua stoppage will just continue to provehow much of a dangerous puncher he actually is .

6. Whyte , Martin , Breazeale have only been k.o'd by Joshua . IM betting Parker is going to be added to this list .
          - Actually, yes. Successful aggression = greater offensive skills whilst unsuccessful aggression = lesser offensive skills. This is why one of the scoring criteria for boxing is 'effective aggression'.

- If you think Alexander Povetkin always used to force knockouts, then you probably haven't watched enough of his bouts. Especially his earlier bouts pre-2012. Alexander Povetkin actually used to box more against his opponents and didn't used to try as hard to KO his opponents. He is a skillful boxer that can out-box opponents too but after his loss to Wladimir Klitschko, he had a change in gameplan and started being even more aggressive because he realized that to be successful against skillful tall and heavy opponents, it's more effective to be more aggressive by seeking for the KO even more. But even earlier on in his career, he still was able to KO many opponents, despite not seeking for the KO as much which is a testament to his KO power.

- Actually, yes. Age does indeed matter! Only someone totally ignorant, delusional, ******ed, dishonest or suffering from a combination of those things would claim age doesn't matter at all. An athlete's reflexes, mental sharpness among many other athletic attributes declines as they reach their late 30's. This is further aggravated in a combat sport like boxing which involves combatants striking each other.

You might correctly be able to argue that Wladimir Klitschko at age 40 was more athletic than any other past heavyweight champion. However, he wasn't more athletic than the athleticism he possessed in his early 30's and late 20's. Claiming otherwise is simply ignorance or intentional dishonesty to give Joshua more credit for his victory than what he deserves.

If every other boxer starts declining and starts having less success around age 40, then it is ridiculous to assume Wladimir Klitschko is going to be better at age 40 and not decline compared to his earlier years. That's a special pleading logical fallacy. Let us know how good Anthony Joshua is at age 40 and then we can make a logical comparison.

- How didn't Wladimir Klitschko not have a lot of 'TOLL' in his body at around age 40 when he has been practically boxing for 2 decades? Do you realize how silly and ridiculous this sounds? All the constant training camps, month in and month out, year in and year out for 2 decades and you're going to insult my intelligence by claiming he didn't have 'a lot of toll in his body'? Yes, he did have a lot of toll in his body from all the brutal training exercises he has had to perform for the 2 decades he's been boxing for, just to stay on top for around a decade. Claiming otherwise is totally delusional or a matter of being dishonest. An athlete's body is going to be more fragile after that many years of training.

- Yes, I agree that Povetkin's stoppage victory against Mariusz Wach was premature and I am willing to accept that. Unlike you not accepting Joshua's stoppage victory over Carlos Takam because I am objective and not an irrational fanatic. However, you can't compare any opponent Anthony Joshua has faced so far that is anything like Mariusz Wach. Why? Because Mariusz Wach probably has one of the greatest punch resistance in heavyweight boxing history. And even Wladimir Klitschko failed to drop Mariusz Wach. So Anthony Joshua is unlikely to drop or KO Wach either.

- As for the list of best opponents Povetkin didn't KO. As already stated, he faced a lot of them when his tactic was different from the recent version of Povetkin who is more aggressive and seeks for knockouts even more. Also, those are boxers that Anthony Joshua never faced so we can't base a logical comparison between Povetkin's performance against them and Joshua's performance against them. Since we don't exactly know if Joshua would KO them HAD he faced them. So I'm not sure exactly what your point is. You could perhaps explain?

- The only common opponent they both faced was Carlos Takam and Alexander Povetkin knocked out Carlos Takam more cleanly than Anthony Joshua did. That's just a fact! Those other opponents are irrelevant because they are not common opponents of both until both have fought those opponents. Or if you can point out a similar type / level of opponent that both Povetkin and Joshua have fought against, even if they aren't common opponents. E.G. Andzrej Wawzryk and Dominic Brezeale are similar level of opponents even if their not common opponents. Many boxers that Povetkin faced, such as Chris Byrd, Joshua has never faced an equivalent styled opponent. So that's why Joshua is less tested and proven compared to Povetkin who currently has the superior resume OVERALL.

- My point still stands. Which is that Povetkin has SHOWN / PROVEN to carry better concussive / clean knockout abilities than Anthony Joshua. He is either :

1) Knocking his opponents out unconscious more frequently than Joshua.

OR

2) Or knocking his opponents out CLEANLY by dropping them to the canvas that they are unable to get up from more frequently than Joshua.

Now I've never claimed Povetkin is a more 'POWERFUL PUNCHER' than Anthony Joshua. Rather, I specifically claimed Povetkin has SHOWN to carry better abilities on knocking his opponents out cleanly than Joshua because he has more feats of doing so. Maybe Joshua might prove himself even more in the future but my point is about the current situation and currently, Povetkin is more proven. This is simply a fact!

- As for Povetkin getting busted for peds. There exists no 100% clean or natural athlete in the 21st century planet Earth that is mainly artificial and unnatural. Irrespective of what the drug tests may say, every top athlete, especially someone like Joshua is also on peds. Drug testing is non-credible when you take into consideration that not a single A side boxer has been busted for peds when they usually look far more muscular with less body fat than the B side boxers that get caught for peds. Therefore, Povetkin getting busted for peds means nothing when every athlete today at the top level is on some kind of peds or another and probably on even more beneficial peds than what Povetkin took.

- Mike Perez might be a cruiser weight now. But at the time, he was competing at heavyweight, started off as a heavyweight and was coming off a very good win against Magomed Abdussalamov who's career he pretty much ended and he happened to be a natural heavyweight himself. He's never been knocked out by anybody else, except by Povetkin and I didn't encounter anybody that predicted Povetkin would KO him in only 1 round before the bout. Rather, that the bout would either go the distance or to the championship rounds is what I read and heard from people most frequently before fight. And someone like Charles Martins really isn't any better than Mike Perez.

- If Joshua can't KO someone who was already previously not just knocked out but knocked out clean by Povetkin, then perhaps his knockout power isn't as great as you're making it out to be and his chances of knocking out Parker isn't as great as you're making it out to be. At least when Povetkin faced Duhapas, he knocked him out cold after he came off a TKO loss to Wilder and Wilder didn't cleanly KO or even drop Duhapas when they fought but Povetkin still managed to knock Duhapas out unconscious whilst Joshua failed to cleanly KO an even more faded Carlos Takam with even more declined punch resistance than the Duhapas that Povetkin knocked out.

-
          And if you want to see how hard Povetkin hits, go and watch Duhapas against Wilder and then Duhapas vs Povetkin where Wilder couldn't even drop Duhapas but Povetkin knocks Duhapas out unconscious with a left hook.

Again, I'm not claiming Povetkin definitely has greater punching power than Joshua, but instead I'm claiming he is currently more proven because his resume is OVERALL better currently as he has faced better level of opposition as a whole and faced more diverse styles. And Joshua's more proven than Deontay Wilder for example (despite less bouts). I personally believe Povetkin and Joshua probably have equal power but that's just me. One thing's for sure is that both are more proven than Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Told you so!

Comment

Working...
            X