Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Deontay Wilder proving that skills do not matter in HW division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hes certainly proved that skills dont matter.... will agree with him on that.

Comment

Pretty much in any sport you can find guys who's physical gifts are so great that it allows them to be successful without being the most skilled guys

Michael Vick & Shaq are two of the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Wilder's growing faster than everyone else in the division. That's why he's so dangerous. He's rapidly improving with every fight. If he hadn't broke his hand and tore his bicept, he'd be even farther along in his development.

He's an exponentially better boxer than he was 3 years ago in every way.

His jab is one of the best in boxing now.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
        This is the weakest and least skilled the division has ever been. None of the champions are highly skilled fighters, they’re barely skilled fighters tbh
        If Spence, Crawford, The Charlos, Caneli, Kovalev, Golovkin, and Jacobs are considered A-level than Joshua is A-level.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
          If Spence, Crawford, The Charlos, Caneli, Kovalev, Golovkin, and Jacobs are considered A-level than Joshua is A-level.
          😭😭😭😭Crawford, GGG, Canelo are levels and levels and levels above anyone in the HW division.

You AJ fan boys are the worst.😂😂

Aside from Charlo’s and Jacobs who aren’t at that level either; Does AJ have better footwork than any of them fighters you listed? No
          Does he have better punch variation? No
          Does he have better technique? No
          A better jab? No
          Better defence? No
          I could go on and on...

No matter how much you love AJ, he simply isn’t a p4p level elite talent.
          None of his performance’s suggests it.
          His resume doesn’t suggest it.

Comment

He was getting out boxed in Washington fight
            Right. And Mayweather got outboxed in the first 4 rounds of a bunch of fights too. It's called feeling out your opponent.

Comment

I was listening to an interview between fight hype and Wilder and Wilder said something interesting. He said that, "In the Heavyweight division you don't need skills, all you need is power and that is something Good blessed me with." At first I laughed but I had to go back and look and he is not really lying. Take Foreman, Shavers, and Peter's for example. These guys weren't the most fundamental but they were still pretty successful. Foreman was known, back in the day, for being quite clumsy, yet he is ranked as a top ten HW of all time. Now, Wilder is very fundamentally flawed yet he has knocked out every opponent he has faced. Some are even considering him the favorite over Joshua. So, looking at Wilder's body of work would you agree that skills do not matter in HW division as much as it does in the lower divisions? Because if someone like Wilder was in the ww division they would've been got exposed.
              But why would not power be a commendable asset, or atleast less respected so? After all there are a lot of sports where the physiqual ability and seeing what the human body can accomplish is the actual point.

Maybe i'm alone in this but to me the idea of a great boxer is an extension of "this guy could win a fight" - just the same way as "this guy runs fastest" or "jump highest". Actual fighting ability is the most pure manifestation of the sport and i always root for the guy that can knock people out and inflict damage.

Comment

😭😭😭😭Crawford, GGG, Canelo are levels and levels and levels above anyone in the HW division.

You AJ fan boys are the worst.😂😂

Aside from Charlo’s and Jacobs who aren’t at that level either; Does AJ have better footwork than any of them fighters you listed? No
                Does he have better punch variation? No
                Does he have better technique? No
                A better jab? No
                Better defence? No
                I could go on and on...

No matter how much you love AJ, he simply isn’t a p4p level elite talent.
                None of his performance’s suggests it.
                His resume doesn’t suggest it.
                He has a good jab, great combinations, and balance. He also has a better resume than Crawford, Loma, and GGG since he actually has beaten a hall of famer

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Right. And Mayweather got outboxed in the first 4 rounds of a bunch of fights too. It's called feeling out your opponent.
                  Wilder is not in the same category as Floyd. Wilder is arguably the most flawed he champion of all time

Comment

He has a good jab, great combinations, and balance. He also has a better resume than Crawford, Loma, and GGG since he actually has beaten a hall of famer
                    What HOF’er???? 😭😭😭😭
                    Dunno whether you know this but Wlad ain’t in the HOF😭😭

A good jab😂😂😂
                    Great combinations😭😭😭

Typical AJ fanboy idiot, no understanding of boxing and trying to validate AJ’s credibility based on lies.
                    Pathetic.

Comment

What HOF’er???? 😭😭😭😭
                      Dunno whether you know this but Wlad ain’t in the HOF😭😭

A good jab😂😂😂
                      Great combinations😭😭😭

Typical AJ fanboy idiot, no understanding of boxing and trying to validate AJ’s credibility based on lies.
                      Pathetic.
                      Ok, racist

Comment

Working...
                      X