Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do fans like humble fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most people are uncertain and feel insecure in the presence of extreme confidence [c0cky].

Comment

It's easier for the average person to relate to successful people who are humble. Even among friends, there will sometimes be a braggart in the group who can't help talking about their earnings, or their latest purchase. Most people will put up with that person, but few will actually like them.
      I think the bold is accurate for most. I personally don't care if a boxer is nice

Comment

What about guys like SRL. They acted very nice and humble to get likes but were super arrogant underneath it all.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Wrong.

It takes extra mental strength to be composed and win under the pressure of hatred from jealous ordinary people.
          Lol, you're confused. The fact that you made 4 posts in a row also indicates you're having trouble articulating a solid point. You're associating ****iness with jealousy. Both arrogant and humble fighters have to deal with jealous people. That has nothing to do with people who choose who act however they want when they are in a position to do so vs those who choose to be mannered for no other reason than it means something to them.

The hardest personal improvement I ever made in my life was not getting off the streets or starting my own business, it was choosing to become a kinder and more well behaved person, AFTER I was finally living comfortably and didn't have to kiss up to anyone. Insecure people are the ones who try to sell you on the idea that they are better than you. Those who are truly happy don't seem to get any thrill in that.

Comment

Who cares if they're humble or not. If they're exciting in the ring then I'm a fan. Don't care about the extra.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
              Can those of you that agree with this explain why you think it's cool to be humble in Boxing?
              I actually don't think this is true, especially on this site. Literally Half the site are Floyd arse lickers.

I wasn't around at that time but I'm sure in the past Roy had a large fan base on this site.

And Roy was a ****y ****er.
              Last edited by SonnyboyReturns; 01-14-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post
                I actually don't think this is true, especially on this site. Literally Half the site are Floyd arse lickers.

I wasn't around at that time but I'm sure in the past Roy had a large fan base on this site.

And Roy was a ****y ****er.
                Slow down. Someone can appreciate c0cky AND humble fighters.

I'm usually reserved in public but always found it petty and silly to dislike someone just for being c0cky.

Confidence is always admirable.

Comment

Mike Tyson thought he was a god at one point and still managed to be the most popular human being on planet Earth.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    Mike Tyson thought he was a god at one point and still managed to be the most popular human being on planet Earth.
                    You think he was loved by all? He wasn't. He was fascinating to people. But, he was treated like a freak show. Every late night show and sit com did skits about his dichotomy of being a freakish beast with a squeaky voice and a lisp. If you want to look at someone who was loved in that era, Bill Cosby (ironically) was adored and had a mega popular show about being the perfect dad.

We get it, you get off on ****iness. But, not everyone has those same tastes and you're trying to turn a personal taste issue into a right and wrong argument.
                    Last edited by Redd Foxx; 01-14-2018, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
                      Who cares if they're humble or not.
                      A lot of people do. I see it quite a lot.

Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post
                      Literally Half the site are Floyd arse lickers.

I disagree about the Floyd thing. I've been here more than 10 years and watched the forums like a Petri dish.

In the beginning and middle to the Money Mayweather persona, Floyd was hated by all. A handful of people stood against many.

As time wore on and Pacquiao was exposed, Floyd ended up getting more and more fans. It's weird because if you look at Oscar's fame, he blew up INSTANTLY where as Floyd blew up late. Very different in comparison.

Jones was on another level, nobody did it like Roy and nobody could stop him. Destroyer of worlds and everybody tuned in for the next episode because the post-fight interview was always exciting.
                      Last edited by McNulty; 01-14-2018, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X