No announcement yet.

Why do fans like humble fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
    I like them because they're mentally stronger. Much easier to be famous, wealthy, and an assh0le than it is to be famous, wealthy, and humble. Restraint and class are not easy characteristics to maintain when you're in that position.
    Pretty much this... Nothing against loud, Brash guys but I prefer a guy who is humble in victory and defeat. It takes far more discipline and self control to be humble

Comment

I like them because they're mentally stronger. Much easier to be famous, wealthy, and an assh0le than it is to be famous, wealthy, and humble. Restraint and class are not easy characteristics to maintain when you're in that position.
      Exactly - there is something to said about someone who is successful and can handle themselves with class.

Again not attacking those brash fighters, you need different personalities in the sport anyway. Keeps things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
        Because they hate people who have more then them, are more successful then them rubbing it in their faces
        That's a very feminine way of thinking, I'm sure some guys feel that way but some people just prefer the alternative

Comment

Originally posted by larry$ View Post
          more name calling...cool
          Ok...I think your original post was ignorant and not well thought out, I have stated my reasons.

I was not attacking your opinion, I just don't agree with it on this occasion.

Better?

Comment

It's easier for the average person to relate to successful people who are humble. Even among friends, there will sometimes be a braggart in the group who can't help talking about their earnings, or their latest purchase. Most people will put up with that person, but few will actually like them.

It's the same reason why the sportspeople who spend their money as quick as they get it on flashy cars, clothes etc...will have plenty of hangers on when the money is rolling in, who will disappear as soon as it isn't.

Comment

It might be easier to get humble fighters to take a picture or sign an autograph

Comment

Wrong.

It takes extra mental strength to be composed and win under the pressure of hatred from jealous ordinary people.

Comment

??

the biggest stars are stars because they are trash talkers....mayweather/mcgregor

Comment

Most people cannot handle being hated by many.

C0cky fighters are self-assured they do not give a ****.

Comment

Show me someone who hates Dan Bilzerian, Trump, or Floyd for an emotional reason, and I'll show you a loser.

Comment

Working...
                      X