No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eleider Alvarez Withdraws From Oleksandr Gvozdyk Purse Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
    He just lost his position. Alvarez vs Brown is probably coming up soon.
    He's going to get a shot at the WBC belt sooner or later. He knows that, he decided he's done with eliminators and he's going to take that route instead. Whoever holds that title will make a voluntary defense against Alvarez.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
      But since they named a final eliminator, he's no longer the no.1 contender. He just lost his spot.

I think the reason he did this is because he probably got some kind of guarantee from GYM that Stevenson would face him next, as a voluntary challenger.

The only problem now is that Gvozdyk will likely become the no.1 mandatory for Stevenson and the WBC will likely enforce that.
      That's what I was referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by lolpz View Post
        He's going to get a shot at the WBC belt sooner or later. He knows that, he decided he's done with eliminators and he's going to take that route instead. Whoever holds that title will make a voluntary defense against Alvarez.
        WBC said the winner of Stevenson/Jack was obligated to fight the winner of Gvozdyk/Alvarez next.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
          beterbiev left Haymon and Janina suspire with GYM. He claims he’s a free agent
          Beterbiev is still with Haymon the PBC social media pages were wishing him luck and advertised his last fight on the TR card though he does have beef with his promotor GYM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Does Alvarez EVER want a title shot?!?!?! This mfer confuses the f#ck outta me.
            I'm guessing those step aside checks were fat, probably comparable or even more than what he would have been paid to actually fight Stevenson. Stevenson didn't want Alvarez, and Alvarez doesn't want Gvozdyk. If he had refused the step aside money, Stevenson would have been stripped & Alvarez would probably have had to fight Gvozdyk for the vacant belt. He apparently wants none of that.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
              these ppl know the truth..they're just knowing that they're choking on their own words bc they've been blaming steveson even tho facts were out

same as when kov ducked that purse bid and they kept ****ting on adonis...it's over..
              My personal belief is that Alvarez is waiting for Stevenson to retire and then hoping to pick up the vacant strap afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by My Low Place View Post
                pimp didnt duck he went to showtime to fight a higher ranked fighter...and that higher ranked fighter ran over to fight kov...

the definition of ducking is mean that u dip down in the ratings to fight lower rated guys...u're have to say that adonis did his job..bhop just ducked adonis to fight kov instead for less money...

yall need to stop trying to change history
                But Pimp didn't fight Hopkins. Kovalev did.

Where were these Pimp opponents rated? Andrzej Fonfara, Thomas Williams Jr, Tommy Karpency, Sakio Bika, Dmitry Sukhotskiy, Andrzej Fonfara.

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Pimp ducked first. Then Kovalev ducked second.

The problem is Pimp also ducked Hopkins and then Pascal. Kovalev fought Hopkins and Pascal twice. Kovalev then fought Ward twice. Looking at their careers, I think it's safe to say Kovalev is the braver fighter.
                  Stevenson woulda thumped bhop & kov in hindsight lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHITMAN606 View Post
                    Beterbiev is still with Haymon the PBC social media pages were wishing him luck and advertised his last fight on the TR card though he does have beef with his promotor GYM.
                    that is just them trying to hold on. If you recall the watsons weren't even in the ring during the fight introductions

Comment

Originally posted by MrShakeAndBake View Post
                      Dem ukrainian eastern euro dudes got these boiz shook damn. alvarez such puzzy azz hoe.
                      haha dude please all them east euro always lose when they face the best American let it go as long they keep steroids out the game it's over for them

Comment

Working...
                      X