Povetkin's humiliating loss vs Klitschko. Highlights +

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
    'Povetkin didn't lose, Klit was clinching & should have been DQ'ed doe!'
    Bro he was preparing to clinch in half of your Gifs Lmao.

Comment

Wlad fan but this fight sickens me. I often didn't find his clinching as bad as made out but I wouldn't even try defending this 'fight'.
      Just absolute muck. If I could erase any fight in history from my memory\boxing history it'd be this.
      Probably the worst fight I've ever seen they should of seriously issued everyone a refund and compensated them, this was not a boxing match.

Comment

Whats the point of pinpointing some highlights. The fight lasted 12 rounds, of course klitschko is going to hit him from range. Thats what he is good at.

But he didnt allow povetkin to use his strenghts at all. He was jabbing and clinching. 1,2 and clinch. Clinching and clinching. Leaning on povetkins back. What is povetkin supposed to do?
        Cant win a fight from long and midrange, gets shut down due to clinches from close-range and the referee was happy to allow klitschko to do his thing.

He was penalized for the same thing in his fights against haye and jennings, in countries, where he doesnt get the benefit.

Comment

Klit looked bad but PEDvetkin did nothing but get low and run head first into Wlad's stomach.

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            Whats the point of pinpointing some highlights. The fight lasted 12 rounds, of course klitschko is going to hit him from range. Thats what he is good at.

But he didnt allow povetkin to use his strenghts at all. He was jabbing and clinching. 1,2 and clinch. Clinching and clinching. Leaning on povetkins back. What is povetkin supposed to do?
            Cant win a fight from long and midrange, gets shut down due to clinches from close-range and the referee was happy to allow klitschko to do his thing.

He was penalized for the same thing in his fights against haye and jennings, in countries, where he doesnt get the benefit.
            good post.

this was a terrible fight and I regret watching it live.

Comment

wlad clinch too often, so unecessary considering his incredible punching power -_-

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                Klitschko initiated over 180 clinches in that fight. I don't think any other fighter has done even half that.
                But when Ward clinches he uses a different strategy, right????

Get out of here!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  But when Ward clinches he uses a different strategy, right????

Get out of here!!!
                  What casuals fail to understand is Ward actually used the clinch for combat and inside fighting. Wlad was a straight hugger like Bhop became later in his career. It baffles me how people that talk about boxing online all days fail to see how Ward worked in the clinch. There's either some extreme noobicism going on, or pure bias and dishonesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                    What casuals fail to understand is Ward actually used the clinch for combat and inside fighting. Wlad was a straight hugger like Bhop became later in his career. It baffles me how people that talk about boxing online all days fail to see how Ward worked in the clinch. There's either some extreme noobicism going on, or pure bias and dishonesty.
                    Yeah man. Ward was REALLY using his inside fighting IQ for combat against Kessler for example. What a display of skill right?

Ward, wlad, and mayweather all used the clinch to slow down their opponents momentum.

Comment

that was wlad's worst fight to me, nothing to celebrate

povetkin came out with more fans if anything

with that said, joshua seemed tactically ******ed compared to wladimir and i don't think he would have been able to maintain such a disciplined (yet cheap) strtaegy. povetkin would have broken through and turned it into a slugfest at least momentarily.

Comment

Working...
                      X