Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which fights were Floyd Mayweather's biggest challenges?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
    So,

Mayweather v Hatton had me on the edge of my seat, and does so every single time I watch it (which is fairly regularly since I have Floyd's filmography on my PC). That fight was a ****in nail biter for me.

First round of the Mosley fight.

Fights I would have loved to see:

Floyd v Maravilla. Two of my fav fighters of the past era. I became a massive fan of Sergio's after he whooped my boi Chavez Jr. Also, he looks great in a turtle neck.

Floyd v Margarito. Just to shut everybody up.

I have no interest in Floyd v Canelo II, or Floyd v Golovkin to be fair. None whatsoever.

Yo maxi, any Sergio Martinez news?
    Sergio indeed was marvelous, a stylist, and beautiful to watch. He also seemed like a cool dude to have a couple pints with!

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
      Sergio indeed was marvelous, a stylist, and beautiful to watch. He also seemed like a cool dude to have a couple pints with!
      Yeah, man.

Sergio certainly seemed like the type of dude to st around a fire and eat some flame grilled meat, Gaucho style.

Then sleep pressing your ass against a wall if the rumors are to be believed.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
        Anyway, as I was saying. Are there any Mayweather fans who would have liked to have seen the Golovkin, Martinez or Alvarez II fights?
        Yes, he would beat all 3 and probably be an underdog against Golovkin. The toughest would be against Golovkin. However, I think it's a fight he could and would win. I noticed how easy Canelo made Golovkin missed in the early stages of the fight by doing these subtle feints. Mayweather would have Golovkin swinging at air. There's always a danger of getting caught with something. That's been the story Mayweather's entire career and Golovkin wouldn't be different.

I'm sorry but I'm not a huge Martinez fan and didn't think much of him as a boxer. He had one huge KO of Williams and a lot of other so-so fights. He gets a lot more credit than he deserve. Mayweather would beat him so easy he would've been called a "cherry pick" as soon as the fight was over.

Canelo hasn't improved enough for me to think he could beat Mayweather at any stage. The fact that people think he has proves just how much better Mayweather is than everyone else.

Comment

Fights that didn't happen. Pacquiao 2009, Sergio Martinez after killing Paul Williams. I was giving Canelo a chance but after seeing the weigh in it was obvious he wasn't going to win. And also GGG early 2016.

Floyd hadn't fought prime A level fighter to really test his skills in the ring. The closest was Miguel Cotto at 154 buthe was already Pac and Marg left overs yet that was Floyd's closest fight to compare as a prime a level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
            Yeah, man.

Sergio certainly seemed like the type of dude to st around a fire and eat some flame grilled meat, Gaucho style.

Then sleep pressing your ass against a wall if the rumors are to be believed.

The girl in your sig, tho. Damn bad ass!
            Is she Russian or something?

Comment

Thanks to all those who replied without taking offense. I like to read other people's opinions on a wide range of matters.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
                How many of his fights were 50/50? Was he ever the underdog? Expected to lose? Did he overcome the odds? Did he ever truly test himself in that sense?

Footnote: I've noticed lately a lot of dummies claiming Floyd was the underdog in the Diego Corrales fight. Corrales was moving up to Lightweight but things fell through so he took the Mayweather fight and had to cut a lot of weight. Chico came in weight drained, sluggish with no punch resistance. So don't try to recreate history.
                Mayweather only takes fights he knows he's going to win, so 50/50, I'd say probably not.

But your question to ever the underdog/expected to lose, I'd have to say back in 09 when he SHOULD'VE fought Pacquiao, which is why he ran with his bs. I'm not making it up either, when that fight first came about, Floyd WAS the underdog, I remember it all around here in Vegas and there are multiple sources, but just a quick google search, I was able to find one for you

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/2009...nderdog_t.html

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
                  No harm at all in talking. But, then, why did you shut out my comparison to Loma and GGG. No harm, right? Most fights can't be talked about without comparisons.

Anyway, I don't think Floyd ever set out to accomplish that, being a middle champ. He was above belts.

Question: Can you name a more accomplished fighter than Floyd in the last 15 years?
                  How about ever?

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    How about ever?
                    I'll ask him that after he answers the first question! Lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Gigantes View Post
                      Mayweather only takes fights he knows he's going to win, so 50/50, I'd say probably not.

But your question to ever the underdog/expected to lose, I'd have to say back in 09 when he SHOULD'VE fought Pacquiao, which is why he ran with his bs. I'm not making it up either, when that fight first came about, Floyd WAS the underdog, I remember it all around here in Vegas and there are multiple sources, but just a quick google search, I was able to find one for you

http://www.mlive.com/mayweather/2009...nderdog_t.html
                      Which fighter goes into a fight they are sure they'd lose? I never understood that illogic. Doesn't make sense at all. If there's any, then it must be about the money.

Floyd was too confident to have even considered that!

Comment

Working...
                      X