Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should weak flash KDs be awarded a 10-8 round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It CAN'T happen, and I'll tell you why. If boxers know that they need to get up immediately or lose a point, you're going to have guys who are seriously hurt scrambling to their feet and trying to regain composure only to get truly hurt moments later. It's a health concern.

As far as leaving it up to the judges, you guys really want a judge deciding how hurt a guy was when he fell? Talk about opening a can of fking worms...

As is, the system works fairly well. You throw a punch hard enough to knock a guy off his feet, he loses a point. Don't try to complicate things.

Comment

If you get dropped, you get the 10-8.

If you don't want the 10-8, don't get dropped.

Very simple.

As far BS calls, that's on the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        If you get dropped, you get the 10-8.

If you don't want the 10-8, don't get dropped.

Very simple.

As far BS calls, that's on the ref.
        Yea. As much as flash knockdowns and other awkward knockdowns are irritating, rules shouldnt be too complicated. Glove touches canvas then it’s a knockdown.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Yea. As much as flash knockdowns and other awkward knockdowns are irritating, rules shouldnt be too complicated. Glove touches canvas then it’s a knockdown.
          Exactly.

Keep it simple.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            There is no garauntee for a 10-8. You need a knockdown and to win the round. Score a kd and lose the round and it's 10-9. Totally fair.

What you're proposing would destroy Boxing.
            Wrong. It would be 9-9 then.
            McNulty is a bonafide MarGGGarito fan and here he is - not knowing a damn thing about boxing.

Surprised? Not in the least

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              If you were knocked down, but your opponent wasn’t, you lost the round

How can you win a round if you were knocked down?

There’s no real debate here, other than the rare occurance where fighter A gets knocked down, but continues to batter fighter B, where he would have been scored a 10-8 round if it weren’t for the knockdown
              I'm not disputing winning the round, you guys really need to read what I'm saying and refer to the context. Context clues is like grade 5 I think?

I'm talking about the OP implying all you need is a knockdown to get a 10-8. You need more than a knockdown to get a 10-8. You need to get a knockdown and win the round.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                slow replay would do wonders in these situation but we dont have it in our sport and for good reason I beleive, I think it will cheapen the sport imo.
                I've never heard anybody say that before. Why do you think instant replay would cheapen Boxing?

Comment

Yup, rules are the rules.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    I'm not disputing winning the round, you guys really need to read what I'm saying and refer to the context. Context clues is like grade 5 I think?

I'm talking about the OP implying all you need is a knockdown to get a 10-8. You need more than a knockdown to get a 10-8. You need to get a knockdown and win the round.
                    If you get the knockdown, you win the round. You can’t lose the round if you score the only knockdown ..

What aren’t you understanding?

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
                      If you get the knockdown, you win the round. You can’t lose the round if you score the only knockdown ..

What aren’t you understanding?
                      Let's say the KD is early and the other guy clearly wins the rest of the round, then the judges can (must) score it 9-9.

Just knocking down the guy doesn't automatically get you 10-8. The rest of the round is still scored.

I've seen a few fights like that.

Comment

Working...
                      X