Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should weak flash KDs be awarded a 10-8 round?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
    Its strange how a guy can practically slip initiated by a punch and lose the round 10-8, when he wasnt hurt in the slightest

Then you get a boxer who gets rocked and takes heavy punishment for most of the round and only loses 10-9.

Does a guy falling down not hurt deserve more than a guy whos seriously hurt but still on his feet?
    Seems like a flaw in the scoring system IMO
    There is no garauntee for a 10-8. You need a knockdown and to win the round. Score a kd and lose the round and it's 10-9. Totally fair.

What you're proposing would destroy Boxing.

Comment

Yes. Part of the skill of boxing is in timing, balance, it's not like all flash KDs are random lucky punches.

Comment

i think any knockdown should be 10-8 but also think there should be more use of 10-8's for very one sided rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
          I dont think that was a flash KD, Jacobs was Hurt
          No he wasnt. The punch hardly landed. It looked worst than it was because he grabbed Golovkin's leg going down. He showed no effects from the KD when he got up.

He was hurt more from the KD against Mora.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            There is no garauntee for a 10-8. You need a knockdown and to win the round. Score a kd and lose the round and it's 10-9. Totally fair.

What you're proposing would destroy Boxing.
            If you were knocked down, but your opponent wasn’t, you lost the round

How can you win a round if you were knocked down?

There’s no real debate here, other than the rare occurance where fighter A gets knocked down, but continues to batter fighter B, where he would have been scored a 10-8 round if it weren’t for the knockdown

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              Its strange how a guy can practically slip initiated by a punch and lose the round 10-8, when he wasnt hurt in the slightest

Then you get a boxer who gets rocked and takes heavy punishment for most of the round and only loses 10-9.

Does a guy falling down not hurt deserve more than a guy whos seriously hurt but still on his feet?
              Seems like a flaw in the scoring system IMO
              How can you define what is a weak KD as a opposed to strong one? I understand what your getting at but it would create more problems than solve them IMO

Comment

Pac had Horn staggering all over the ring in the 9th round and it was scored 10-9 for Pac. Judges don't give 10-8 for dominant rounds but they should. On the flip side with the crazy/corrupt scoring lately it would be just another tool to tamper with fights.

Comment

yes because if it inst its open to even more SUBJECTIVITY!

Simple rule, if your gloves touch the canvas its a KD.

Something like slow replay would do wonders in these situation but we dont have it in our sport and for good reason I beleive, I think it will cheapen the sport imo.

Comment

Official judges can't score 10-8 unless someone goes down or the ref administers the standing 8 count (the standing 8 is becoming extinct). Ruling on KDs is the ref's job only, not the judges. Judges must follow the refs in these cases, they have no power or discretion.

I hear what you are saying, but I don't like it. It would give judges and refs more power than necessary.

Let me give you some examples:

Most Floyd fans might want to think that he doesn't have any blemishes like knockdowns against him. I'm a huge fan, but I count two knockdowns against him:

1. Zab Judah: Floyd lost his balance, followed by a soft punch (can't remember now if it landed or not) and his gloves touched the canvas. I saw that as a KD, the ref ruled it a slip.

2. Carlos Hernandez: Floyd broke his hand and took a quick knee in a war. This was correctly scored a KD.

What would you have done?

Remember, rules are rules, and we have to be fair. Can't play favoritism, no matter how much you like or dislike the said fighter.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 01-06-2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
                      No he wasnt. The punch hardly landed. It looked worst than it was because he grabbed Golovkin's leg going down. He showed no effects from the KD when he got up.

He was hurt more from the KD against Mora.
                      He definitely looked hurt and bothered to me

Comment

Working...
                      X