No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Stays on The Fence in Lomachenko-Crawford P4P Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
    Legitimately beaten? Legitimately lost to would be arguable but BEATEN? FOutta here, I saw their faces after the fight
    I was just talking about who won more rounds. Which, against Loma is probably the important factor. Cause Loma isn't going to beat Pac up - but if Horn can outpoint Pac, then Loma will do it with his eyes closed.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      But Horn is a huge WW, and he didn't outbox Manny, or even outfight him. He just used sheer size and aggression to bully the smaller man around the ring from start to finish.

A guy like Horn, who has a chin and just keeps charging in at you over and over again, is always going to be a nightmare for a smaller, older fighter who no longer has the legs to keep out of his way.
      I know it isn't comparing apples with apples. But it was a sign of just how far Pac has fallen.

I don't think it is too controversial to say that Loma would be one of the best fighters at 135 if and when he chooses to fight there. I'm confident that when he does move up he will dominate that division.

Asking pac to compete with the best at 135, which is also going to drain him, after seeing how far he has fallen? I'm saying Loma wins with ease, and I'm not even interested in seeing the fight get made.

That isn't meant to insult Pac, who in his prime was a totally different animal.

Comment

Pac can't train anymore, he will lose to Loma or Crawford.

He is a senator and has a new job in South Korea and will have a new job in China.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmyth87 View Post
          Explain how Mikey should be ahead of Loma. That is really crazy talk. Since Loma has started boxing hes won 9 title fights in a row including 7 ko's in a row and made his last 4 opponents quit. Hes beaten Russel Jr and Walters at their weight. Beat Rigo, a couple other top fighters. He has a much improved fighting style than he did when he fought Salido in his 2nd pro fight and still had the amateur fighting style.

In that same time Mikey has only fought 5 times, only 3 that were title fights and only 3 knockouts with his best win against Broner. Mikey is a great fighter but he hasnt done much in the last few years and doesn't dominate his opponents like Loma does. I think Crawford is #1 with Loma close behind, and Ggg and Canelo are close behind Loma. Winner of Canelo Ggg should probably go to #1 unless Loma or Crawford beat a top level opponent in the spring.
          I don't think it's crazy talk to have Mikey ahead of Loma. People hold Mikeys inactivity against him because of the top rank issue but I still include his entire career in assessing him. He dominated salido before salido beat Loma, he ko'd rocky martinez before Loma did & although he's not as flashy as Loma, he's been just as dominant in his wins. The only name that sticks out above anyone on Mikeys5record is rigo and he was 2 weight classes smaller and fought about 2 rounds in nearly 2 yrs. Head to head, I'd also pick Mikey to beat Loma. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Even Lomachenko says Crawford is p4p number 1.
            I always find it funny that on ESPN showings of Lomachenko they act like Crawford doesn't exist or blatantly ignore him. I know for a fact he feels some type of way about that too.

Comment

Crawford has not beaten a world class fighter

Comment

Working...
              X