No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum Stays on The Fence in Lomachenko-Crawford P4P Debate

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
    Pacquiao hasn't made 135 in almost 10 years, at the time they said he moved up because he was struggling to make weight. This would be like Pacquiao-De La Hoya all over again.
    October 28, 2016: MANILA, Philippines - If promoter Bob Arum gets his way, Manny Pacquiao could face two-time Olympic gold medalist and current WBO junior lightweight titleholder Vasyl Lomachenko in the near future.

Arum, speaking with reporter Radio Rahim, said that he thinks a fight between the 37-year-old living legend Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 knockouts) and the 28-year-old Ukrainian Lomachenko (6-1, 4 knockouts) would be a "great, great fight.

"What fight would I want to see Manny in? I would pay any amount of money to see Manny fight Lomachenko," Arum is quoted as saying.

The two fighters are as far apart in fighting weight as they are in age, with Lomachenko fighting at 130 pounds while Pacquiao, who is set to face WBO welterweight titleholder Jessie Vargas on November 5 in Las Vegas, has fought at 147 pounds since last decade. Arum figures that they can meet somewhere in the middle.

"They could fight anywhere from 135 to 140 pounds. Manny could make 135 easy," said Arum, who adds that WBO junior welterweight titleholder Terence Crawford could be an attractive opponent for Pacquiao. Like Lomachenko and Pacquiao, Arum promotes Crawford as well.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sp...enko-arum-next

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      October 28, 2016: MANILA, Philippines - If promoter Bob Arum gets his way, Manny Pacquiao could face two-time Olympic gold medalist and current WBO junior lightweight titleholder Vasyl Lomachenko in the near future.

Arum, speaking with reporter Radio Rahim, said that he thinks a fight between the 37-year-old living legend Pacquiao (58-6-2, 38 knockouts) and the 28-year-old Ukrainian Lomachenko (6-1, 4 knockouts) would be a "great, great fight.

"What fight would I want to see Manny in? I would pay any amount of money to see Manny fight Lomachenko," Arum is quoted as saying.

The two fighters are as far apart in fighting weight as they are in age, with Lomachenko fighting at 130 pounds while Pacquiao, who is set to face WBO welterweight titleholder Jessie Vargas on November 5 in Las Vegas, has fought at 147 pounds since last decade. Arum figures that they can meet somewhere in the middle.

"They could fight anywhere from 135 to 140 pounds. Manny could make 135 easy," said Arum, who adds that WBO junior welterweight titleholder Terence Crawford could be an attractive opponent for Pacquiao. Like Lomachenko and Pacquiao, Arum promotes Crawford as well.

https://www.rappler.com/sports/by-sp...enko-arum-next
      and?

De La Hoya said he could make 147 easy. Look how that turned out. Moving down 12lbs will be harder than moving up.

Comment

Manny got legitimately beaten by Jeff Horn. I have zero interest in seeing him fight with Loma. Even the thought of it is depressing.

Loma needs to focus on unifying his division while he waits for the contract negotiations with Mikey Garcia to play out. Then he needs to work on unifying 135 while he adjusts to the higher weight before looking to take on Crawford at 140.

Loma is the best fighter of his generation and has the world at his feet. A fight with Pac would be so counter productive and cynical, I think a lot of people would be disappointed if it happened.

I don't begrudge fighters wanting to make money, and to take the occasional easy fight which also brings in the big dollars - but it has to be in between their legit attempts to prove themselves as the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
          Manny got legitimately beaten by Jeff Horn. I have zero interest in seeing him fight with Loma. Even the thought of it is depressing.

Loma needs to focus on unifying his division while he waits for the contract negotiations with Mikey Garcia to play out. Then he needs to work on unifying 135 while he adjusts to the higher weight before looking to take on Crawford at 140.

Loma is the best fighter of his generation and has the world at his feet. A fight with Pac would be so counter productive and cynical, I think a lot of people would be disappointed if it happened.

I don't begrudge fighters wanting to make money, and to take the occasional easy fight which also brings in the big dollars - but it has to be in between their legit attempts to prove themselves as the best.
          You are waaaay to sure on Loma's odds against Pacquiao. It would be the first time manny fighting someone at his natural weight and his same size or smaller since fighting Juan Manuel Marquez. Pacquiao always carried extra weight to fight at Welterweight, we have yet to see him fighting at his walking weight since Ricky Hatton (Pac says his walking wait at training is 139) which is lightweltwerweight and Lightweight, and with a power advantage and especially experience Pacquiao can beat Lomachenko.

Comment

loma is p4p the most skilled boxer today, this shouldn't even be a debate

Comment

and?

De La Hoya said he could make 147 easy. Look how that turned out. Moving down 12lbs will be harder than moving up.
              Look what the De La Hoya fight did for Manny's career! It's the perfect fight for Loma, even @ 140!

Comment

Whoever gets to Pacquiao will answer that question.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  You are waaaay to sure on Loma's odds against Pacquiao. It would be the first time manny fighting someone at his natural weight and his same size or smaller since fighting Juan Manuel Marquez. Pacquiao always carried extra weight to fight at Welterweight, we have yet to see him fighting at his walking weight since Ricky Hatton (Pac says his walking wait at training is 139) which is lightweltwerweight and Lightweight, and with a power advantage and especially experience Pacquiao can beat Lomachenko.
                  Pacquiao was weighing 145 fight night at 130. @ walking around at 139.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    You are waaaay to sure on Loma's odds against Pacquiao.
                    Yes I am very sure of that.

I saw Pac get beaten by Horn. That means that the Pac we all knew and loved is gone. It means he is a shadow of his previous self.

If he was to fight Loma now, at 135, it would be an awful mismatch, and an insult to prime Pac.

Comment

Pacquiao was weighing 145 fight night at 130. @ walking around at 139.
                      Pacquiao and Bradley will climb into the ring having already faced each other twice before, splitting the victories with Bradley taking a split decision in 2012 and Pacquiao avenging that defeat with a unanimous decision in 2014...

According to Freddie Roach however, one reason why Pacquiao hasn’t finished his opponents as of late is due to the fact that he just hasn’t translated his power from the lower weight divisions.

My natural weight if you ask me, I can still make 135 because I came from 135,” said Pacquiao.

I’ll tell you, with heavy training and eating right, my natural weight is 140-141 with no diet. At 147 I have to eat three times more extra just to make the weight.”

Pacquiao has opted to compete in higher weight classes to ease the burden of having to cut weight, which is not exactly a fighter’s favorite aspect of training. – By Carlos Cinco

http://www.foxsportsasia.com/boxing/...s-make-weight/

Comment

Working...
                      X