Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As of right now, who would you rank higher: Floyd or Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
    Ali, it's a bigger feat beat big strong heavyweights than Cherry Pic a bunch of has beens like Mosley, Delahoya, Pacquaio, retire t0 avoid the big threats than come back when everyone has been battle tested.and shop worn Ali never used steroids special against a wash up little Asian
    Floyd was calling DLH AND SSM out a long time before they fought. No valid arguments can be made he never tried getting those fights when they were in their prime. He called Tszyu, SSM, and DLH back in 2005. Proof below.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
      What does my name have to do with ANYTHNG? Seems ******ed to discredit me soley based on the phonetic value of my name.

your name has EVERYTHING to do with your credibility, which you know you have none, so yeah it would sound ******ed to you..

put up a poll to avoid this thread becoming an all-out, captain sav-a-floyd fest...oh i see you already did that...lol

how many ways can you, larry, dunn, and co. remind us that floyd beat more paper champs than anybody else, while ducking anybody significant in their primes
      Last edited by djtmal; 12-26-2017, 02:03 PM.

Comment

meanwhile, its ali in a landslide...

Comment

Wasn't a fan of either them, they both clowned around too much (the clinching and dancing).

With that said, Mayweather without a doubt is the way better boxer and technically superior to Ali but his resume is thin, i.e. old, washed-up/shopworn and past prime or green opponents with catch-weights.

So I guess it's a case of what you like - skills and talent vs resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
            Ali arguablly lost all three times to Nortan, lost the second Fraizer, and to Earnie Shavers. so his record might actually be 52-9, but Floyd also arguably lost to Castillo, so idk
            Lost the first to Frazier, won the second and third.

I do believe Norton won the 3rd bout but his legacy was already set by then and was past his better days.

His wins over Frazier, Foreman and Liston are better than anything Floyd ever did. Ali definitely rates above Mayweather all-time.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              hmmm i dont know....one of the greatest resumes of all time or floyd?
              My Jhonny p4p will shred Ployd, Roger or any other azz clown who makes him mad

Jhonny wants Floyd and Ali so he can skull **** both of them..

Naturally Ployd needs to pay much much more...

I'll bet 10000000000000000 to 1,that my lil chihuahua wins before any bell is rung...

Comment

The answer is Ali.

HE fought everybody he was supposed to fight in their primes.

Guys keep bringing up Ali being in close fights that he could have/should have lost.

Yeah, that's what happens when you fight guys in their primes and don't match make.

Ali fought Patterson, Liston twice, Frazier 3 times, Foreman when Foreman was the scariest guy ever and could've killed people, Shavers (the hardest puncher ever), Norton 3x, HOlmes when Holmes was in his prime and Ali was past his.

Floyd made fights in his favor, especially in the 2nd have of his career.

Ali was fighting guys in their prime when he was wayyyyyy past his.

Plus, he lost 3 years out of his prime.

Ali in '66/'67 embarrasses Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Shavers, Spinks, etc. . .

Ali could've taken it easy after beating Foreman and only fought 2nd rate fighters and never tested himself, but he chose to fight everybody, even if they were in the primes and he wasnt.

Floyd might be the smartest fighter in the ring and out, but he didn't push himself the way Ali did, and therefore can't be the GOAT.

And guys claiming Ali got some robberies in his favor. Most all-time great fighters have alleged "robberies" on their resume.

Sugar Ray Leonard, Julio Cesar Chavez, Manny Pacquiao, Evander Holyfield, all have "robberies" on their resumes.

Hell, Canelo has like 3 or 4 alone and he's gonna be a first ballot HOF when he retires.

Comment

The answer is Ali.

HE fought everybody he was supposed to fight in their primes.

Guys keep bringing up Ali being in close fights that he could have/should have lost.

Yeah, that's what happens when you fight guys in their primes and don't match make.

Ali fought Patterson, Liston twice, Frazier 3 times, Foreman when Foreman was the scariest guy ever and could've killed people, Shavers (the hardest puncher ever), Norton 3x, HOlmes when Holmes was in his prime and Ali was past his.

Floyd made fights in his favor, especially in the 2nd have of his career.

Ali was fighting guys in their prime when he was wayyyyyy past his.

Plus, he lost 3 years out of his prime.

Ali in '66/'67 embarrasses Frazier, Foreman, Norton, Shavers, Spinks, etc. . .

Ali could've taken it easy after beating Foreman and only fought 2nd rate fighters and never tested himself, but he chose to fight everybody, even if they were in the primes and he wasnt.

Floyd might be the smartest fighter in the ring and out, but he didn't push himself the way Ali did, and therefore can't be the GOAT.

And guys claiming Ali got some robberies in his favor. Most all-time great fighters have alleged "robberies" on their resume.

Sugar Ray Leonard, Julio Cesar Chavez, Manny Pacquiao, Evander Holyfield, all have "robberies" on their resumes.

Hell, Canelo has like 3 or 4 alone and he's gonna be a first ballot HOF when he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                    Lost the first to Frazier, won the second and third.

I do believe Norton won the 3rd bout but his legacy was already set by then and was past his better days.

His wins over Frazier, Foreman and Liston are better than anything Floyd ever did. Ali definitely rates above Mayweather all-time.
                    I have to pick Ali as well for Liston, Liston was a monster, Formean lost after fighting Ali to C/B- level fighter after in Jimmy young and was even dropped so Foreman isn't that good as many people claim, but Fraizer pre getting destroyed by Foreman beat Ali

Comment

Ali ranks higher because he fought two men ion gorilla suits and WON! Floyd has not faced that kind of fighter. Ali best ever!

Comment

Working...
                      X