No announcement yet.

SPOTY 2017: Shock Results As Anthony Joshua Fails To Make Top 3

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    The Wladimir Kiltschko that fought David Haye would beat both Tyson Fury & Anthony Joshua! (But I believe that the Wladimir kitschko that fought Anthony Joshua was in better form, than when he fought Tyson Fury!)...
    You want to believe that but it really wasn't. Nobody improves at that age. It was simply down to styles.

Tyson Fury gives any version of Wlad problems stylistically but a younger Wlad probably gets to grips with him eventually.

A younger Wlad would have smashed Joshua within 6 rounds with little problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
      You want to believe that but it really wasn't. Nobody improves at that age. It was simply down to styles.

Tyson Fury gives any version of Wlad problems stylistically but a younger Wlad probably gets to grips with him eventually.

A younger Wlad would have smashed Joshua within 6 rounds with little problem.
      It was vividly clear to see that he had a immense training camp, and was in better condition both physically and technically! (He probably would of beat Tyson Fury in their rematch aswell!)....
      Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-17-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
        The Wladimir Kiltschko that fought David Haye would beat both Tyson Fury & Anthony Joshua! (But I believe that the Wladimir kitschko that fought Anthony Joshua was in better form, than when he fought Tyson Fury!)...
        People talk like they know Klitschko better than Klitschko knows himself. You're right.. Klitschko himself said he wasn't 100% against Fury. He had personal problems with his partner amongst other things.. that's why he requested an immediate rematch within a week.. He was confident leading up to the rematch too.

Klitschko also admitted in his fight against AJ he felt like he was in much better shape physically and mentally. After that loss he took his time (several months) to consider if he wanted to rematch AJ.. Ultimately choosing to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
          People talk like they know Klitschko better than Klitschko knows himself. You're right.. Klitschko himself said he wasn't 100% against Fury. He had personal problems with his partner amongst other things.. that's why he requested an immediate rematch within a week.. He was confident leading up to the rematch too.

Klitschko also admitted in his fight against AJ he felt like he was in much better shape physically and mentally. After that loss he took his time (several months) to consider if he wanted to rematch AJ.. Ultimately choosing to retire.
          Fighters say a lot of things when selling a fight. I don't believe much of what any fighters say. What was Wlad gonna say? "i'm 40 and well on the decline...buy my PPV"

Naive people.

Comment

People talk like Klitschko knows more than proven science knows - you don't get stronger, faster or fitter the older you get, in fact it's the opposite when you are his age. Factor in the year and a half lay-off .... plus styles make fights.

Lemieux looked like a killer vs Curtis Stevens but was made a fool vs Billy Joe Saunders, and yet he was talking about how he is a better boxer than before.

Comment

Yes good observation, he literally gave it all against Anthony Joshua! And was in the best condition he could possibly be in! (He was in a very dangerous position, as he had nothing to lose and everything to gain! His intensity in all of his interviews leading up to the fight was immense! I think the fact that he did not want a rematch with Joshua, speaks volumes!)...

Where as he wanted one immediately with Tyson Fury! Team Fury knew that they could not fight him with that same game plan twice! (I think he spooked Tyson Fury!)...
              Last edited by PRINCEKOOL; 12-17-2017, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                Fighters say a lot of things when selling a fight. I don't believe much of what any fighters say. What was Wlad gonna say? "i'm 40 and well on the decline...buy my PPV"

Naive people.
                Like I said. People like to think they know more about fighters than fighters know about themselves.

After the Fury fight Klitschko said "I lost but I don't feel I was defeated". What he was saying is that Fury didn't win because he fought the best fight of his career.. Obvious not, the fight was a stinker. Fury won because of Klitschko performed the worst of his career that night.

Notice how he took an immediate rematch?? And how much more confident he looked leading up to the rematch?.

After the fight against AJ he said "Its sad I didn't make it tonight, I really wanted to win this one but the better man won" he then took a long time out before deciding to retire.

Comment

After the fight against AJ he said "Its sad I didn't make it tonight, I really wanted to win this one but the better man won" he then took a long time out before deciding to retire.
                  Yeah cos he was 2 years older and in his 40's lol.

Reality had set in that he didn't have it anymore. He wasn't a better fighter in the AJ fight, just AJ's style and lack of movement allowed Wlad to look younger because big stiff AJ was stood in front of him.
                  Last edited by TheBigLug; 12-17-2017, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Sound like the people who look at fighter stare-downs and come to the conclusion that someone 'won' the staredown and that one of the fighters is 'SHOOK!'. Let's just leave it and come to the conclusion that Wlad is a special specimen who ages better past 40 and gets better after a year and a half of inactivity.

Comment

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
                      People talk like Klitschko knows more than proven science knows - you don't get stronger, faster or fitter the older you get, in fact it's the opposite when you are his age. Factor in the year and a half lay-off .... plus styles make fights.

Lemieux looked like a killer vs Curtis Stevens but was made a fool vs Billy Joe Saunders, and yet he was talking about how he is a better boxer than before.
                      Proven Science? Linford Christie and Carl Lewis ran their fastest times over 100meters, when they where into their 30's! Where as Usain Bolt was pretty much breaking down physically in his late 20's! There are plenty of variables that can effect a athletes condition! Also the human body is in a constant state of renewal, every 6 months it totally rebuilds itself! If Wladimir Kitschko had a half hearted training camp for Tyson Fury, and then one of his best ever for Anthony Joshua? the odds are that he was in better condition! Wladimir Kitschko did not have two years in activity, in the sense that he was boozes and taking drugs! (He was constantly in training!)...

Comment

Working...
                      X