Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have Gervonte Tank Davis beating and probably knocking out this hype job, no way in the world a guy with a loss on his record and are fighting small guys is pound for pound, ESPN, Bob Arum, and Dan Rafael are all a joke!

Comment

Originally posted by SthPaw View Post
      P4P for me is based on who is the better fighter irrespective of weight class and all other similar tangibles, and given how talented Loma is? He’s definitely way up there right now.

I don’t actually have a list of my own because it’s not really worth putting much thought into at the end of the day, but loma has to be top three at the very least. Even if you just go off talent. Yes accomplishments etc count against him so I understand that argument, but from a style and talent point, he’s up there.
      I agree. P4P used to mean "who would win if the fighters were the same size?" Lomo's speed and skill are equal to any active fighter.
      That said, arguing P4P is a waste of energy because all it's all opinion.

Comment

Charlo Twins are also ranked above this hype job, somebody wake me up when this guy fights somebody who is good and his own size!!!

Comment

Loma is the true P4P king atm

if you disagree, then you are either

- a black supremacist / racist

- a crawford fanboy

- a Mikey garcia fanboy

- some butthurt nationalist from murica

- someone who DKSAB

- any combination of the above

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            eh...except its not irrelevant...

you seem hung up on people being wrong about a particular fight...one you like to mention you were right about....you like to mention how u were right about a string of loma fights

have you ever been wrong about a fight? i know i have...several...i try not to toot my own horn too much when im right and i try not to bag on people too much for being wrong....the only time i like to mention how wrong people are is when they mention how right they were about something else
            Topic is about Loma so yes irrelevant. Yes I've been wrong before but I usually don't just make a pick due to my feelings about the fighter more the match-up which makes me a better predictor than most.

Comment

Loma is the true fake pound for pound ATM, fight nobodies, featherweights and bantamweights, stop it!

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                so chris...lemme ask you

do you feel that lomas loss was unfair? do you feel that he got screwed? and if so...why?
                I believe so yes because Salido didn't weigh in on the limit he was 3-4 lbs over so had a huge advantage that wasn't agreed upon (i.e. he cheated) and I felt he got away with way too many low blows and any good ref would have taken multiple points. Salido fought a deliberately dirty fight and that's clear to see.

I felt it was about 6-6 in rounds due to Loma starting slow but anyway that says the weigh-in fiasco didn't happen or the low blows didn't happen are delusional.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
                  Loma is the true fake pound for pound ATM, fight nobodies, featherweights and bantamweights, stop it!
                  He is a featherweight. Russell who you picked was the same weight and Walters (who you picked) is a bigger man than him. He's never fought a bantamweight FYI he fought a super bantamweight who you picked but not a bantam. Sosa also a bigger man but not a special fighter I agree but a champion nontheless.

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
                    Loma is the true P4P king atm

if you disagree, then you are either

- a black supremacist / racist

- a crawford fanboy

- a Mikey garcia fanboy

- some butthurt nationalist from murica

- someone who DKSAB

- any combination of the above
                    I agree with a lot of that and the sentiment (it's funny the faces next to the profiles on social media are a certain color that pick against him then discredit him) BUT Crawford is a reasonable answer for p4p and nothing to do with any of that. He's earned the right to be called p4p as has Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by Pennsauken1 View Post
                      I also have Gervonte Tank Davis beating and probably knocking out this hype job, no way in the world a guy with a loss on his record and are fighting small guys is pound for pound, ESPN, Bob Arum, and Dan Rafael are all a joke!
                      Haha Alt!

You picked Rigo and you told me you wouldn't front if Loma won!

Haha Tank Davis

Comment

Working...
                      X