No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

By Andreas Hale - We're a week removed from Vasiliy Lomachenko's sixth round stoppage of Guillermo Rigondeaux and have had some time to digest what we witnessed on ESPN. In a battle of two-time gold medalists and pound for pound professional fighters, Lomachenko made mincemeat of Rigondeaux with a dazzling display of footwork and offense that broke the Cuban's spirit mores than his alleged hand injury (which wasn't broken at all) before making him quit...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Article says do you prefer a guy who's 39-0 against 🍅 cans or a 10-0 guy who's fought the best. Hmmm, wilder is 39-0 and he and his fans think he's the best and he's fought nothing but tomato cans. So I guess it depends on who you axe to death. BUMSQUAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, you could make a case either way. But myself, I can't really pick against the quality names and quality performances he has right now. It'd feel like I'd be reaching to explain why another fighter's standing is equivalent.

Comment

I like Loma, but Walters had a year lay off, Marriaga came from a lost and lower division. Guillermo had very low activity in recent yrs, was old, and two weight division lower. He needs to beat Berchelt or Davis.

Comment

Good article.

I think Loma is top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
            Article says do you prefer a guy who's 39-0 against 🍅 cans or a 10-0 guy who's fought the best. Hmmm, wilder is 39-0 and he and his fans think he's the best and he's fought nothing but tomato cans. So I guess it depends on who you axe to death. BUMSQUAD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I think he was talking about Wilder

Comment

Both he and Crawford should be ahead of Golovkin.

Comment

Golovkin above Lomachenko is laughable, go off of the last three performances of GGG compared to Loma and it’s clear who’s the more all round skilled fighter, it’s not even debatable. The only guy who runs Loma close is Crawford, simple.

Picking between Bud and Loma as top one and two their isn’t much in it, these guys are clearly the best in boxing right now, is their anyone disputing it ? Personally I’m not opposed to anyone calling one no.1 and the other no.2, I care little to suggest their is a better fighter than either is ludicrous.

Comment

Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
                  Let's not forget he fought the last 2 guys who were 1 & 2 weight classes SMALLER than him.

I've been looking at the 126 and 122 lbers to see who he fights next??? You have any ideas??? Maybe

Daniel Roman
                  Gary Russell Jr. again
                  Oscar Valdez

???

Comment

P4P for me is based on who is the better fighter irrespective of weight class and all other similar tangibles, and given how talented Loma is? He’s definitely way up there right now.

I don’t actually have a list of my own because it’s not really worth putting much thought into at the end of the day, but loma has to be top three at the very least. Even if you just go off talent. Yes accomplishments etc count against him so I understand that argument, but from a style and talent point, he’s up there.

Comment

Working...
                    X