No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The Argument For (And Against) Lomachenko Being #1 P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
    golovkins my boy but i dont think anyone can argue with lomachenko as p4p number 1. Obviously his wins are now being revised, trashed and discredited but gary russell, nicolas walters and rigondeaux were all considered world class fighters (rigondeaux considered a p4p level fighter) and lomachenko took them to school. And as for crawford are people gonna tell me burns, postol and indongo are better than them 3? Know apparantly im some hardcore racist whos bias and hates crawford but im willing to listen to reason, can someone tell me how someone with 0 world class wins should be rated more highly than someone with 3?
    First explain why we should compare an unbeaten, undisputed, and multi division champ to a guy who lost to salido?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      First explain why we should compare an unbeaten, undisputed, and multi division champ to a guy who lost to salido?
      in his 2nd pro fight ffs.

Comment

How old was he?

Why do people like you pretend Loma's titles in such few pro fights, given his age, is so remarkable? He won his 1st pro title at 26 years old. For comparison, Cotto won his 1st pro title at 24.

Comment

• Originally posted by vitali1999 View Post
          That was a split decision that could have gone either way
          No it wasn't. Salido even had a point taken too and still won.

Comment

golovkins my boy but i dont think anyone can argue with lomachenko as p4p number 1. Obviously his wins are now being revised, trashed and discredited but gary russell, nicolas walters and rigondeaux were all considered world class fighters (rigondeaux considered a p4p level fighter) and lomachenko took them to school. And as for crawford are people gonna tell me burns, postol and indongo are better than them 3? Know apparantly im some hardcore racist whos bias and hates crawford but im willing to listen to reason, can someone tell me how someone with 0 world class wins should be rated more highly than someone with 3?
            I agree. Last I checked, people are rated by resume

Comment

So? Everyone had a second fight at some point. That's no excuse to lose to a bum.

At the very least he should have tried to get an immediate rematch. That's what true greats do will they have a close fight or lose, they get an immediate rematch and seperate themselves from the opponent.

Instead Loma refused a rematch and waited out the bum so he can catch the bum when it's slipping.

Some true great he is.
              Last edited by Sledgeweather17; 12-19-2017, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Ward moved up in weight and beat a P4Per TWICE so no one could dispute him as #1. But jes now retired.

Lomachenko made a smaller P4Per quit without even using his superior size advantage. So he should be #1.

I hate to,admit it but he should be #1 based off resume and facts. Do I think some boxers would beat him??? Sure but I have nothing to back it up.
                Vasyl Lomachenko also moved up 1 division in weight (like Andre Ward), but at a much younger age with much less pro experience and beat Nicholas Walters (the best boxer of that weight division) by making him quit. He didn't need any rematches like Ward. He beat Walters convincingly the first time.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                  Spence has nothing on his resume outside of a come from behind win of a guy coming off a brutal KO loss and injury.

The "unbeaten" thing is for casuals like you but fighters have lost their debut and being great. Was Marquez, Hopkins, Arguello and Armstrong always trash? Don't say no because your contradicting yourself. In your opinion Thurman, Spence, Wilder >> Armstrong, Hopkins, Marquez in their primes hahahahaha
                  Hopkins wasnt in the amateurs for 2 ENTIRE olympic trials(8 YEARS) he was fresh out of prison and from what i remember he learned how to box in prison. quite a different scenario. B Hop became P4P #1 after he beat trinidad and after roy jones jr lost to tarver round that time. and they didnt want to give him p4p #1 but he EARNED over a 10+ YEAR period. lomachenko was like 27 years old.

heres what wiki says about lomas loss to salido who at the time had DOUBLE DIGIT losses:

"After 17 years fighting around the featherweight division, Salido couldn't make the 126 any longer, despite having spent the last 5 days without eating and drinking, Salido weighed over 128 pounds and suffered from low pressure due to the effort made to give the weight and lost the title on the scale, however the fight went on and Salido recovered very well for the night of the fight, winning most of the first and middle rounds, attacking and forcing the action, but never giving a fixed target, and although Lomachenko closed very strong the last rounds, that wasn't enough and Salido got a not easy but convincingly victory. After the fight many Lomachenko fans complained about the low blows that Salido landed in the fight, but it was undeniable that the "old wolf" Salido simply "ate" the inexperienced in professional boxing Lomachenko, who spend most of the fight excessively holding, the ukranian fighter had an unbelievable record of 396-1 and two Olympic gold medals as an amateur."

so he lost to a person who was going through all kinds of issues and hadnt eaten for 5 DAYS AND had DOUBLE DIGIT LOSSES. and was 396-1 as an AMATEUR but couldnt deal with the rough aggressive style of Orlando WELL PAST HIS PRIME Salido
                  and youre sayin' he's one of the greats right NOW(& thats NOT how boxing works) stop hyping him.
                  i actually like lomachenko but the racist & bias fans that push that particular G.W.H.(great white hope) agenda is the reason why MOST fans of color dislike him. Mikey Garcia DESKROYED orlando salido but loma got beat by him but yall dont praise Mikey Garcia who is undefeated. foh with that BIAS ****

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                    No it wasn't. Salido even had a point taken too and still won.
                    Another lie. No points deducted. I will do a loser leaves the site bet with you on that one since you are ducking the other one.

So you claimed that Salido kept his championship and didn't know he missed weight AND that he was officially deducted a point. LMAO.

Take that bet or the other bet and remember my rule unless you start your response with YES or NO it won't be read.

So loser leaves the site bet. Did he lose a point yes or no? I say no.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlackSoul View Post
                      Hopkins wasnt in the amateurs for 2 ENTIRE olympic trials(8 YEARS) he was fresh out of prison and from what i remember he learned how to box in prison. quite a different scenario. B Hop became P4P #1 after he beat trinidad and after roy jones jr lost to tarver round that time. and they didnt want to give him p4p #1 but he EARNED over a 10+ YEAR period. lomachenko was like 27 years old.

heres what wiki says about lomas loss to salido who at the time had DOUBLE DIGIT losses:

"After 17 years fighting around the featherweight division, Salido couldn't make the 126 any longer, despite having spent the last 5 days without eating and drinking, Salido weighed over 128 pounds and suffered from low pressure due to the effort made to give the weight and lost the title on the scale, however the fight went on and Salido recovered very well for the night of the fight, winning most of the first and middle rounds, attacking and forcing the action, but never giving a fixed target, and although Lomachenko closed very strong the last rounds, that wasn't enough and Salido got a not easy but convincingly victory. After the fight many Lomachenko fans complained about the low blows that Salido landed in the fight, but it was undeniable that the "old wolf" Salido simply "ate" the inexperienced in professional boxing Lomachenko, who spend most of the fight excessively holding, the ukranian fighter had an unbelievable record of 396-1 and two Olympic gold medals as an amateur."

so he lost to a person who was going through all kinds of issues and hadnt eaten for 5 DAYS AND had DOUBLE DIGIT LOSSES. and was 396-1 as an AMATEUR but couldnt deal with the rough aggressive style of Orlando WELL PAST HIS PRIME Salido
                      and youre sayin' he's one of the greats right NOW(& thats NOT how boxing works) stop hyping him.
                      i actually like lomachenko but the racist & bias fans that push that particular G.W.H.(great white hope) agenda is the reason why MOST fans of color dislike him. Mikey Garcia DESKROYED orlando salido but loma got beat by him but yall dont praise Mikey Garcia who is undefeated. foh with that BIAS ****
                      I understand how you have so much red under your name.

Comment

Working...
                      X