No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Horn Overcomes Cuts to Bloody, Stop Corcoran in 11th Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
    The ref asked the doc to take a look at the guy, doc say it's fine, ref stopped it shortly after. Doesn't matter what the corner does, ask the fighter, ask the doc, ref makes the decision.
    Ever hear of No Mas??,

The corner can stop the fight at any time. It's called "Throwing in the towel" and we just saw Rig.do it. The ref. And doctors didnt even know what hand he hurt. He wanted to quit, told his trainer, the trainer confirmed he wanted to QUIT and then told the ref. We quit...

Comment

Originally posted by CLUBBER! View Post
      This fight already happened??? lol... guess I missed it... Must have been a huge fight to be on a Wednesday (Tuesday night in US)...
      you only watch fights that land on a saturday?

Comment

Originally posted by Split Decision View Post
        you only watch fights that land on a saturday?
        Well I definitely don't watch them at 5am on the weekdays...

Comment

Originally posted by CLUBBER! View Post
          yuck, screw that... I was already on my way to work..
          I was up at like 3 watching the other fights and just couldn't stay up any longer and then was like 2-3 fights away from main event.it fkn suked. At least on weekend I can sleep in.

Comment

Damn, I was under the impression that the fight was tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
              the corner advises ref to stop in that case lmao.
              Exactly and I've seen plenty of refs ignoring bad advice from cornermen.

Comment

Ugly fight, but I am in the vast minority on here that thought the ref did fine in a fight that was more barroom brawl and less real boxing. He did warn both equally. It was entertaining enough, and Jeff Horn threw everything he had (heart, soul, head butts, elbows, so on) and Corcoran responded. Best man did win.

Horn won. Fine job. Crawford ends this in 4 rounds if Horn takes the fight. He is a limited fighter about to be demoted.

Comment

wtf I love Australians now! Man, they must have massive schlongs and BALLS OF STEEL!

Onya Jeff, that p4p #1 spot doesn't come without its haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
                    Oh, this was today? On what planet do you have a world title fight on a Wednesday? Whatever. Sounds like nothing interesting or unexpected happened.
                    Once upon a time most world title fights were on a week day.

I enjoyed having some mid week boxing to watch even though it was lunchtime here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUntouchable View Post
                      Exactly and I've seen plenty of refs ignoring bad advice from cornermen.
                      Extremely rare.

If the corner want the fight stopped 99% of the time the ref is going to oblige.

Comment

Working...
                      X