Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Vasyl Lomachenko is the best fighter I've ever seen.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
    Even if he bombs herein. He has reached levels few have managed. He fought one of the supposed best in the sport and it wasn't close to being competitive. People prefer to make excuses for Rigondeaux than just call it true.

loma outclassed a man 2 divisons smaller than him. in other words he did what he was supposed to do.

if floyd dont get credit for winning 12 rounds against juan manuel marquez, then loma gets no credit for shutting out rigo

we not gon pick and chose, all fighters will be judges equally

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
      loma outclassed a man 2 divisons smaller than him. in other words he did what he was supposed to do.

if floyd dont get credit for winning 12 rounds against juan manuel marquez, then loma gets no credit for shutting out rigo

This was a totally different case of 'beating a smaller man' compared to Canelo vs Khan & GGG vs Brook.

Both Canelo & GGG were getting outboxed & outmaneuvered before they stopped Khan & Brook respectively.

While Loma vs Rigo had a totally different 'picture':
      Rigo was coming to this fight as a bigger puncher of the two, but Lomachenko dominated him from the beginning, outlanded him 55 to 15 & won all the rounds (6-0).

Loma showed his amazing skills against defensive master boxer in Rigo... that Rigo couldn't even land any counters.
      Usually it was Rigo was the one who is landing while avoiding opponents' punches, but this time it was other way around - Rigo could land only 8% of his total punches against Loma. When he usually he lands 48% of them!

It was a master class from Loma.
      Last edited by oscar9992; 12-11-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        Loma doesn't have to bend below the waist.

He calls guys out when they do.

Technically superior.
        Loma's defense is nowhere near Whitaker though. Not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post

Man this is NSB, all people do around here is pick and choose. Very few hold all fighters to the same standard.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
            How many pounds do you thing he's gonna be outweighed by the likes of Errol Spence Jr.? 20+ pounds? Like I said? Did you even read my post? Put the crackpipe down.
            To be great you have to do what other greats did and move up

He should be able to fight at 140 at least

Lomo looks good, but beating a small old man was not impressive to me, Lomo did what he was suppose to do

I want to see him fight better competition where he has disadvantages, only then we see how great a fighter is

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              To be great you have to do what other greats did and move up

He should be able to fight at 140 at least
              He's already moved up and is planning to move up again to 135 next year

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
                He's already moved up and is planning to move up again to 135 next year
                Yes he has moved up, but he has not been at a big disadvantage

When Pac, Floyd and others move up they reached a point where they were at a serious visible disadvantage

You had Manny, this small guy, taking on men much bigger than him, who also outweighed him, who punched hard and were considered greats

Lomo has not reached that point and until then i can not put him on that elite level space. Its like when Broner was beating all the small men, and i told everyone soon as he moved to 140 and 147, he will be exposed

The one who has impressed me so far is Terrence Crawford, i have doubted his skillset on here many times, but he keeps provoking me wrong, he will be at a disadvantage at 147, will be interesting to see how he fairs, the comp level there is very tough

Comment

He's definitely a bad man. But he still has alot to prove and a good spate of people to prove it against. Rigo for all his skill, just wasn't gonna be a challenge at that size and at that age. Loma's no joke, now I want to see how far hes willing to got o be great. I dont think any challenges scare him. Its all about who Arum puts in front of him.

Comment

Loma reminds me of Roy Jones at his best and I can't think of another fighter with that kind of ability and understanding of space in that ring. He's pretty special and to me he just proved to be the best amateur of all time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
                      Definintely will run rings around Garcia all right.
                      Eventually Garcia will catch up to him and lay him out along with the rest of his delusional fanbase.
                      If Rigo couldn't find him with his ring IQ and speed, Mikey definitely won't.

Comment

Working...
                      X