No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lomachenko Makes Rigondeaux Quit After Six For TKO Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Czarczar View Post
    Worst fight ever they didn't do anything.
    Agreed! Rigo looked like a shot 37 year old fighter and Loma didn't show anything that would make people consider him #1 p4p. Loma landed only 16% of his punches and some want to say he's the best boxer on the planet....gtfoh !! Rigo didn't throw many shots at all and looked terrible, injury or not, just a pitiful fight by both to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
      Bro, read Jon Butlers book on Rigo. I'm not making that up.
      Jonathan Butler? Name sounds familiar. Is that the dumbass that used to always post in Bad Left Hook's comment section?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dle View Post
        Point taken from Rigo proved he would be fighting the ref aa well if he wouldn’t fight Loma’s fight. Would have really liked to see an evenly match fight. Not a paper-made bout.
        The ref was incredibly lenient with Rigo. Rigo almost ended the fight with an eye-busting upwards elbow while holding Loma down, Loma barely dodged it. That was the 2nd round I believe. Then Rigo could have broken Loma's ribs with an elbow at the end of the round where Loma retaliated afterwards. Rigo also kept holding and pulling Loma's arms which can dislocate the shoulder, the same way Floyd re-injured Pacquiao's. Rigo was also dipping below the waist all night and holding all night without any point deductions. The only time Rigo finally got a point deducted was when the ref kept telling him to let go, and he wouldn't let go. The ref would have let him hold Loma all night long without a point deduction if he'd just gone along with the ref's quiet bro code agreement to let him do the normal amount of holding black refs seem to let black fighters do in every big fight, but Rigo ****ed that all up by blatantly refusing to let Loma's hand go for five seconds in a row right in front of the referee while the referee repeatedly told him to let go.

He gave the ref no choice. If he'd given the ref any choice at all, I'm sure the ref would have chose to side with Rigo, like always happens. Stop making excuses. #NoExcuses remember? And if you do want to make excuses, use legitimate ones like age, but then be consistent and admit that Floyd only beat Pacquiao because of decline, and that Canelo and Jacobs only had some success against GGG for the same reason, and that Ward waited until Kovalev hit decline age before fighting him as well (in addition to waiting for intel from spies in Kovalev's camp to tell him Kovalev was declining for other reasons, like partying and lack of focus, as well).

Just be consistent. How many times did Floyd miss getting rocked by just a quarter inch with the glove whizzing by his face? How many times did the same happen in Kovalev-Ward? Milliseconds mean everything in high level boxing, and when boxers hit age 33 and 34 onwards, sometimes even 32, they lose milliseconds off of all their punches, unless they are using steroids like Floyd and BHOP probably were. That is simply biology. That's what happened to Pacquiao, that's what happened to GGG, that's what happened to Kovalev, and that's what happened to Rigo, although of all those fights, the only one so non-competitive that I doubt it would have mattered was Loma-Rigo.

But that's how it works. It's a broken sport. The problem with so many racist fans is that none of y'all cared about this until it affected someone you liked. When Pacquiao, GGG, and Kovalev's legacies were all ruined by people ducking them until they got old, y'all didn't complain once, and y'all even seemed to secretly support it, because y'all didn't want to see them reach their potentials, y'all just wanted to see them lose, even if the only way for that to happen was for them to lose to father time. But now that it happened to Rigo, y'all suddenly care, when Rigo wasn't even done half as dirty as those guys. At least Rigo got offered the Loma fight as early as possible in Loma's career, before Loma even had 10 pro fights. They could have used the "Loma is still too green" excuse in order to wait until Rigo was near 40, like Canelo did to duck GGG, but instead they offered Rigo the fight as early as possible. It was Rigo, or his dueling promoters, who declined the fight, and waited until now to make it when he was older.

So just be consistent man. I am with you. I am a Loma fan, but I wish this fight happened at 126 two or three years ago. Just like I wish GGG-Canelo happened when GGG was 32, not 35. Just like I wish Kovalev-Ward happened when Kovalev was 31 or 32, not 33 and 34. I have always been consistent about this being the number one issue in boxing. You can never have truly great fights between top level fighters if those fights never happen until one of the fighters is no longer top level. It's a total contradiction. But other fans have supported it happening when it benefits the guys they like, and so the problem has continued because fans have supported it. Until fans are consistent that this needs to change, no matter who benefits from it, it wont change.
        Last edited by Boxing Logic; 12-11-2017, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• I don't even give a **** about boxing no more. I will admit I did enjoy this win though. I enjoyed this so much.

Comment

• Originally posted by steven_z View Post
            1. You want to see Loma fans cry because "they cried about Salidos weight ...". Wow. I think you have difficulty explaining and interpreting your own thoughts.
            But you're missing the point - there was an argument that the Salido loss was disputed and the post was related to that. Weight is one of the points, not the whole argument.

2. Salido was indeed a dirty cheat, why are you dis*****g that? You know about the weight, the low blows - that's cheating.
            But maybe what you're trying to say is that Lomachenko also a cheat, but not dis*****g that Salido is a cheat, right?
            Saying their both the same. Competitive and does whatever it takes to get that win.

Comment

• Originally posted by sterilizer View Post
              When a fighter is fan-friendly, as in his style being always attacking, but having excellent defense, and he is super-quick on both hands and legs, and he has KO power to boot, IOW he is a treat to watch, and still, people dare criticize and hate him, I only find a couple of explanations for such hatred:
              --Race. Because of his race, whatever the race is.
              --Country. Because of his nationality, whatever it might be.

Because in the case of Lomachenko, his fighting style, his tactics, his behavior are not nasty at all, as deserving hatred by real boxing fans. The one who was fighting dirty was Rigondeaux, not him. The excessively ridiculous clinching and the equally blatant bending below the waist all fight long, were the things that granted Lomachenko's having to do things that may have looked unfair, like that punch after the bell rang, or pulling away from his opponent violently to try to undo a blatant clinch, and his unintentional hitting under the head because his opponent was cowardly bending way too low, and in fact, staying in that position on purpose, to avoid engaging and to try and frustrate Lomachenko. The referee could have taken at least a point for those cheating tactics as well.

Now, the complaining about the weight, the size... everybody knew that would happen, way before the fight happened and still many said that Rigo would beat him, break his jaw and other nonsense... now, AFTER THE FACT that Loma did come much bigger, and totally obliterated Rigo and made him quit, they say that the size was the difference... and even more ridiculous so, the hand thing... and don't get me started on the uber-pathetic excuse that there was a fix... yeah, right...

Many fighters have gone the distance, with an injured arm, or being much smaller than the opponent, in super-competitive fights: two examples of recent high-profile fights: Cotto vs. Canelo. Cotto was way smaller than Canelo, easily two divisions, and in a middleweight fight that weight difference really, really counts. Still, Cotto was man enough to go the distance. The ages were 25-35, Cotto being 10 years older, and way, way more damaged during his whole career than Rigondeaux was vs. Loma. Still, Cotto went the distance. They say he spat blood the next day, was taken to the hospital because of those brutal punches to the stomach he received. But he hung in there the whole distance, like a true warrior.

Same thing for Manny Pacquiao vs. Floyd. He could have quit in frustration because he had an injured shoulder, a useless arm. And this injury was known BEFORE the fight started, only his team thought they had it under control, for the fight. Manny's arm got messed up early in the fight but he chose not to mention that until the fight was over.

It's sad that the hatred has always more to do with race and nationality, than boxing style. I hate, totally hate with all my heart, the likes of Rigondeaux himself, Lara, Mayweather Jr, because of their non-fan-friendly boxing styles, where cowardice is the common factor as well as trickery and cheating tactics. It is just a coincidence that the three of them are the same skin color. BTW I also hated Tyson Fury when he defeated Klitschko, for doing so in a completely super-boring, cowardly fashion, just running away and jabbing the whole fight. I despise all these kinds of fighters, who know they have the capabilities to do better but choose to do the safe and cowardly thing: trickery and avoiding engagement with the opponent.

Haters will be haters. But if one hates THE FIGHTING STYLE, rather than the race, skin color or nationality, I think the hatred may be at least just a little bit justified, IMHO.
              Good gosh is this Boxing Logics alt???

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Don't trip I know exactly what your talking about,& whom your talking about. I know shake &bake is an alt for a fact because I even called him on it the other day & he disappeared straight shook. Its hilarious when you know certain clowns create alts so they can go around talking way more bs than usual without suffering the repercussions of having to live with their words. Then its even more hilarious when you have clowns that you know 4 a fact are a certain persons alt, because they talk exactly like them.

Its ok though that some men wanna behave like they have a slice of pizza between their legs. If it wasn't for those clowns I wouldn't have anyone to clown on.
                Lol check out Sterilizer and boxing logics comments.... Does that look the same or What??? *** that troll circle jerk. He can suk my dic and shake that off and then let my nut bake in his lil belly when I'm done! That dumb *** dont know SHT about boxing. And him having an alt just pissees him off even more. Because that tells EVERYKNE he LOST and is lower than a man. Instead of paying up he closes his old account and starts a new one...

Comment

• Teddy Atlas' hissy fits fucking kill me:

Comment

• On the fight, now that the dust has somewhat settled...

Disappointed in Rigo...I thought he would try to do much more in this fight and adjust his style just so that he could get a cash out fight against someone else. But, no.

Loma did look a good bit bigger, but let's be honest. He didn't use his size at all in this fight. The only man in that ring that tried to make it physical was indeed Rigo with holding and wrestling. With this in mind, I don't see Rigo winning this fight at any weight.

As predicted Loma would throw a lot and miss a lot but ultimately he was the man that landed more shots. I was wondering what he would do when Rigo bent at the waist with his upper body parallel to the floor and Loma was just landing rapid jabs on his head when he did it.

Loma also moved very well with Rigo as he pivoted away in defense. Impressive considering Rigo should be the "faster" smaller guy, he just couldn't get away. Loma stayed with him and controlled the distance well, through upper cuts from mid range and up close.

I thought Rigo would have landed more on Loma but impressive defense on Loma's side, he slipped it looks like all of Rigo's shots, didn't even need to block he just saw them coming.

Yes you can argue Rigo was old and small but I'm sorry, maybe he'd be more competitive at say 126 (which he had a chance at few years ago) but what would be different in that fight? Rigo would have fought the same way and nothing would be different, Loma would take that one too.

I don't know what there is left to Loma. I would suggest he calms down and has a few more fights at 130. Jump to 135 right now is too early. His management needs to be smart and right now is a good time to calm down and have another fight (preferably 2) at 130 against someone who can dish it and take it, and then move to 135 and test the waters first, not Mikey right away, Mikey is a legit beast.

Only thing I can see stopping Loma now is weight, someone big and strong enough to simply walk through him, but how big does someone have to be for that? You can argue that he will beef up and be stronger at say 135 and 140 as well...

Anyway time will tell and with boxing anyone has a chance of landing the big one so you never know...But it will be fun to watch

Comment

• Loma gives his honest opinion before the fight: 'I am not P4P yet... He is not in my weight category, not big+... He is a king in his weight category, smaller weight category... this is not his weight category... I need to fight guys of my size or even bigger'

Comment

Working...
                      X