Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Rigondeaux beats Lomachenko will he be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Rigondeaux beats Lomachenko will he be inducted into the Hall Of Fame?

Interesting thought.

Doesn't really have a strong resume but will have beaten Nonito Donaire who was P4P #3 and looked unstoppable and will have another P4P fighter in Lomachenko moving up weight classes.

Added in with his obvious ridiculous skills would that be enough? His resume is thin other than that.

Tough one.

For the record I don't think he will beat Lomachenko.

Vitali Klitschko just got in with 0 great wins.

Comment

100%

Not first ballot because this year may have seen the last fights of pac floyd wlad ward

But yea a sure-fire hall of famer if he beats loma

Comment

Papp got in despite a fairly unremarkable pro career so there's precedence for amateur accomplishments being taken into account

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          Papp got in despite a fairly unremarkable pro career so there's precedence for amateur accomplishments being taken into account
          Thar's a great point.

Rigondeaux already has a better resume than Lazlo Papp.

Comment

Definitely.

Like you say its a thin resume. But that is two exceptional wins. Lomachenko would be a historic win imo due to all the circumstances around it with the weight and the age plus the opponent

If Vitali is getting in etc....

I dont think Rigo will win though

Comment

of course he will..

Comment

Yeah I'd imagine so.
                Nobody has had a better resume in so few fights that I can think of. Quality over quantity.
                Prime Donaire, peak Loma at 130, faded but still capable Agbeko, Corboda, an undefeated world champion in Ramos (granted he was a terrible world champion)

I really don't think he beats Loma though. As great as he is and as great as i believe he is everyone has a limit.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Interesting thought.

Doesn't really have a strong resume but will have beaten Nonito Donaire who was P4P #3 and looked unstoppable and will have another P4P fighter in Lomachenko moving up weight classes.

Added in with his obvious ridiculous skills would that be enough? His resume is thin other than that.

Tough one.

For the record I don't think he will beat Lomachenko.
                  I think he gets in, based on Donaire and Lomachenko upsets and, as has already been pointed out, his amazing amateur record. But, like you, I don’t think he gets past Lomo. Is there still enough to get in? Strangely enough, maybe even then. Rigondeaux really has nothing to lose Saturday night.

Comment

if he beats Loma, I would vote him in, even tho I find him boring, and he'd only have 2 real names on his resume. But they would be great names, and no blemishes in his prime.

Vitali isnt a good comparison bc its obvious to me that Heavyweights are judged by a different (lower) standard. I dont agree with it - I wouldnt have voted Vitali in, but just bc the HOF voters have a hard on for HWs doesnt mean we should lower the standards for everyone.

For the record, I dont think Rigo wins, and I dont think he gets in the HOF

Comment

Working...
                    X