Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschko getting into the HOF ahead of Vazquez Sr etc? WTF?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
    Riiight.

And Joe Louis's bum of the month club was a tougher than nails era with every guy he fought being a killer.

And the 90s didn't have any bums comparable to the last ten years.

There has never been an era in the heavyweight division where everyone was a killer with the exception of the seventies.

I mean, when Tyson came up, he beat plenty of cans and the guys at the top even- old Larry Holmes? Trevor Berbick? Frank Bruno? The guys Vitali fought are comparable.

You can't just say a guy fought in a weak era and even though he destroyed everybody he fought almost, he shouldn't have a chance at getting in. It's ludicrous.

Vitali would be trouble for any heavyweight in history. Wlad should be higher because he accomplished more, but I'd definitely pick Vitali if the two fought.

And are you talking about Vazquez Sr. getting in first? Based on what? That dude wasn't even that good.
    No they really aren't comparable. He didn't even fight the best in the weak era he was fighting in. Wlad did.

I'll say again. This isn't the HW HOF. There's plenty of fighters on that list that did far more than Vitali did. He doesn't deserve to be in.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      What the **** did he do to deserve that? What's his best win Danny Wiliams? He's best known for LOSING.

Here's the list they had to vote.

More concerning that ivan calderon is on that list

Comment

HOF is entirely subjective and means nothing. Lol at caring so much about the opinions of others.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
          HOF is entirely subjective and means nothing. Lol at caring so much about the opinions of others.
          If you don't care about opinions of others what are you doing on a forum where people discuss and share opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            It's funny to me how people on here run down a whole career by naming one guy they fought.

Vitali did beat Danny Williams...like a drum.

He also defeated Chris Arreola when he was undefeated and viewed as a threat at the time.

He broke Adamek down who was a good heavyweight.

He broke Shannon Briggs' face in a fight that really, really should have been stopped.

He destroyed Samuel Peter like it was nothing.

He beat Manuel Charr, Odlanier Solis and Kevin Johnson who were all unbeaten at the time.

He crushed former champion Herbie Hide in two rounds.

He held the WBC title for four years and made ten defenses in two reigns.

Name another heavyweight who's even reigned that long in the last ten years, other than Wlad of course, who can't be up for the HOF yet.
            Yea man, the hate is real.

But none of that maters, what you wrote, you know...

Because those guys ain't s7it you know...

The man dominated and crushed guys and forced Lewis into retirement.

But as with Wlad's reign...who did they fight? It doesn't mater that they crushed everyone that stood in front of them, how many 0s did they take, who did they ever duck?

Strange people boxing fans...It's almost like for you to beat "someone" there needs too be a parallel universe where other fighters can develop so that they can become someone before you fight them...

I mean I just read in this thread, someone say something along the lines of "fighting guys with 0s to early..." WTF? And then they complain when the likes of Arum let fights "marinade"...

Complete and utter lack of objectivity and consistency with this sport's fans.

Your job as a fighter is to beat the best competition available, and Vitaliy as did Wlad you could argue are one in a million fighters of the last couple of decades to do just that. That means something......just not on NSB.

Both Klitschko's dominated boxing's premier division, if that is not Hall of Fame worthy than WTF is the Hall of Fame? I tell you what it isn't, a p4p list.
            Last edited by Banderivets; 12-07-2017, 08:11 AM.

Comment

Damn this thread just shows how terrible NSB posters are when it comes to boxing knowledge and evaluating fighters without hatred, bias and - yes sadly - signs of racism. Seems like some people here literally live in a bubble speaking just one language and not being able to see past the American borders.

Luckily the real world and people with real boxing knowledge out there got it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Banderivets View Post
                Yea man, the hate is real.

But none of that maters, what you wrote, you know...

Because those guys ain't s7it you know...

The man dominated and crushed guys and forced Lewis into retirement.

But as with Wlad's reign...who did they fight? It doesn't mater that they crushed everyone that stood in front of them, how many 0s did they take, who did they ever duck?

Strange people boxing fans...It's almost like for you to beat "someone" there needs too be a parallel universe where other fighters can develop so that they can become someone before you fight them...

I mean I just read in this thread, someone say something along the lines of "fighting guys with 0s to early..." WTF? And then they complain when the likes of Arum let fights "marinade"...

Complete and utter lack of objectivity and consistency with this sport's fans.

Your job as a fighter is to beat the best competition available, and Vitaliy as did Wlad you could argue are one in a million fighters of the last couple of decades to do just that. That means something......just not on NSB.

Both Klitschko's dominated boxing's premier division, if that is not Hall of Fame worthy than WTF is the Hall of Fame? I tell you what it isn't, a p4p list.
                Absolutely, man.

Great post.

It's like many posters expect all out perfection from these guys. My God, is ANYBODY perfect at what they do? Doesn't exist.

You deal with what you have to work with. I think a lot of these posters don't have to make many tough decisions in life. They have the baby mentality for sure.

Did Wlad and Vitali put asses in the seats? Did they fill 60,000-seat stadiums in Germany packed full? Absolutely. Did they beat the guys in front of them? Absolutely.

I'd like to see any clown ass poster on here get up in front of 60,000 fans and even throw a single punch at the air. Hell, I'd know I'd be shaking, but oh no, some of these keyboard cowboys would school Vitali and Wlad. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  Tyson, Holyfield, Lewis, Wlad Klitschko, Foreman, Holmes

What was your point here? All those guys had much much better resumes than Vitali. The killer for him is Wlad because he fought in the same era and he was the one who, Sanders aside, beat all the top contenders and unified the titles. Some of Vits opponents were well regarded at the time, but really now you look back were not very good HWs at all. Sanders is really his only significant win over a decent contender.
                  Sanders was a journeyman who could punch. The only reason anyone knew him because of what he did to Wlad. Sanders had a great fight with Rahman but other than beating Wlad his next best win was over Bert Cooper who had 10 losses by that time. Beating Sanders isn't some great feat at all...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    you're in no position to laugh at the voting if you don't know that fighters must be retired for five years before they're eligible.
                    Imagine that.

An ignorant post.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                      He said he never wanted to fight Holyfield because he had too much respect for him, as Holyfield was his idol.

Tua never fought anyone of note from 2003 on.

Rahman's best wins were a fluke and against Sanders.

Ruiz didn't win against anyone of note since 2002
                      Neither did Toney.

Chagaev was not better than those Vitali fought.

Botha didn't win against anyone of note since 2003

Golota's best win from 2003 and onwards was McBride and Mike Mollo. A part time boxer.

Haye:
                      ""We offered Haye the fight in September but he chose to fight Chisora instead because that was easier for him," said Bernd Bönte, Klitschko's manager. "David probably turned Vitali down because he got more money against Chisora, who is by far the easier opponent."

We already discussed Chagaev.

Maskaev: Giggle

Povetkin wasn't really a household name until he fought Wlad, or at least 2011. By that time Vitali was already retired.

Brewster was actually active and fought good names at the time.

Ibragimov: Meh.
                      Excellent breakdown...

Comment

Working...
                      X