Clear All

• Love it when they fake a jab in order to land a strong right hand

Ali to Cotto:

https://gfycat.com/MildCircularDeermouse

Wlad to Joshua:

Maidana to Floyd:

Ward to Kovalev:

Feel free to post more examples.
    Last edited by _Maxi; 12-05-2017, 05:23 AM.

Well, it's a classic setup punch.

Comment

Comment

Maidana actually countered Mayweather counter punch that's called pull counter which is one of Floyd's significant moves

Comment

Prime Cotto would never have had that hand so low (Roach will train you to get caught like that though). That's a lazy **** who thought he was coasting to a nice retirement check. Wlad fought guys his entire career who hit a whole hell of a lot harder than Sadam ****ing Ali.

Comment

Reminds me of Ward's vicious right hand against Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
              Maidana actually countered Mayweather counter punch that's called pull counter which is one of Floyd's significant moves
              I know. But he did it faking a Jab and then getting low and throwing that overhead right hand.
              Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Reminds me of Ward's vicious right hand against Kovalev.
              Video added.

Comment

That is one of the most basic set ups in boxing but it can be very effective when used correctly.

Comment

Got in trouble for this while deployed. Long story short his nose bled for like 10 minutes. Even though I didn't break his nose I still get crap from people as a joke for doing it

Comment

Sad thing is cotto could actually see the right hand coming, but his body just could move him out of the way. Kovalev just left his head right there lol (Whats with the zulu music in that clip), and Mayweather was hit with a pullcounter (Beautifully done by Maidana), Wlad was another beauty.

Comment

Working...
                    X