Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Sadam Ali Beating Miguel Cotto is NOT a Huge Upset!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
    I think both of those points are debatable - however, Holyfield never did it to the level of Ward. Wlad is fair game - many think without constant clinching he would have been KO'd more often...

Ward - we have clear footage of him cutting and/or excessively clinching and hitting and holding Froch, Kessler and then winning against Kova with a head butt to the balls... Not to mention Ward's excessive clinching and he hits and holds as well.. One of the dirtiest fighters I've seen since Margarito...
    Holyfield was one of the dirtiest headbutters ever! He butts everyone... I think if you can get away with it then all the power to you. I think Ward, Holyfield & Klitschko are all 1st ballot HOFers...

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
      That's sarcasm. I hate Beefy Smith with all my heart and soul.
      Copy that!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
        What are you trying to say, that margarito didn't load his wraps? Margarito was a hype job his whole career....both Paul Williams (no power) & Mosely (power) exposed him.
        Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Mosley busted him using wraps but that does not work retroactively. To sit here and assume he used them on Cotto is laughable. I'll say it one last time. Take your fan goggles off and go rewatch that fight. Cotto played into Margarito's hands that whole fight trying to Antonio's fight and not his own. Also go watch the shots he got hit with..anyone who has actually boxed to any degree of and isn't being a fanboy would recognize if wraps had been used in that matchup Cotto would've been just as bad as Magomed is today. Margarito is a cheating S.O.B but if he landed those shots with wraps on Cotto's career would've been over for good that night, believe that.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
          Yes that is exactly what I am saying. Mosley busted him using wraps but that does not work retroactively. To sit here and assume he used them on Cotto is laughable. I'll say it one last time. Take your fan goggles off and go rewatch that fight. Cotto played into Margarito's hands that whole fight trying to Antonio's fight and not his own. Also go watch the shots he got hit with..anyone who has actually boxed to any degree of and isn't being a fanboy would recognize if wraps had been used in that matchup Cotto would've been just as bad as Magomed is today. Margarito is a cheating S.O.B but if he landed those shots with wraps on Cotto's career would've been over for good that night, believe that.

Margo never got to knock someone out after the hand wrap issue, probably didn't use them often but also if you look @ Cotto's face after the fight I believe it was the most swollen I have ever seen him, not even in the Pac fight his face was that swollen, he did receive punishment but never have we seen his face like that, that is a * that we will never know, some believe he used the wraps some don't and we will have to live with it, what we know is he avenged that loss, it does not matter if it was after Pac disabled him or not, he did in fact avenged it and for me Cotto is indeed a ATG, hope he gets to enjoy his wealth without 2 much health issues due to all those wars.

Comment

Originally posted by Goyotronico View Post
            Margo never got to knock someone out after the hand wrap issue, probably didn't use them often but also if you look @ Cotto's face after the fight I believe it was the most swollen I have ever seen him, not even in the Pac fight his face was that swollen, he did receive punishment but never have we seen his face like that, that is a * that we will never know, some believe he used the wraps some don't and we will have to live with it, what we know is he avenged that loss, it does not matter if it was after Pac disabled him or not, he did in fact avenged it and for me Cotto is indeed a ATG, hope he gets to enjoy his wealth without 2 much health issues due to all those wars.
            I hate this logic...so by that logic Floyd was on PED's at 140 and below..."if you look at Cotto's face" instead of that how about you take a look at how Cotto's face got like that...I love this passive aggressive way of not saying "i like him so i'm going to comb for every excuse" as I said I lost a cool grand on Cotto, I have rewatched that fight about a dozen times..Cotto got lit up, he fought Margarito's fight. I lost money on the man I backed, but at least I am man enough to admit he fought a stupid fight and don't chalk it up to wraps. Who was one of the biggest cheerleaders for Pacquaio beating the dog shh out of Margarito? Me! I took shhhh over it for years from members so I am no Margarito fan by any stretch of the imagination but sometimes you gotta put your hate and fandom aside and go look at the facts. We have no facts he wore wraps in that fight, we have no facts that he cheated in that fight, the fact we have is that Cotto fought the worst fight of his life that night.

It happens to plenty of fighters, and i'll say it again..if he was hitting Cotto with bricks in his gloves, the amount of punishment he put on Cotto would've ended his career...ask any fan of Panama the trainer and they'll enlighten you as to what happens to boxers when they get hit with illegal padding. Cotto always had a predictable nature of ducking straight down and not side to side and it's been discussed here dozens of times, he didn't fix that until he got with Freddie.

Comment

roy jones jr has been knocked out cold too many times. how is not a huge upset

Comment

Working...
              X