wtf Marquez ever did to be ranked over Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexican_Puppet View Post
    You are ignorant, period.

The world.of boxing have great respect to Marquez, why?

Bradley vs Marquez was in the 147 pounds, the 5th division of Juan and the fight was competitive, 115-113 to Bradley.

Imagine Bradley fighting vs Canelo in 154 pounds.

Choco only jump 10 pounds and was murderer by Sor.

Marquez jumped 20 pounds to stay in 147 and was competitive.

You are a crazy guy, Marquez deserves a lot of credit and that is something that you can't change.

I respect big fighters. I'm fan of Rigo. Golovkin. Pacquiao. Floyd. Etc.
    You truly are a puppet because you repeat the same shyt over and over without reading anyone's reply. I already said more than once that I LIKE Marquez (even though he's a whiny bytch sometimes). Just because I like a fighter doesn't mean I'm going to make a list of excuses for him. Dude was a fan favourite, and rightly so. And, like most fan favorites, he's overrated by the fans.
    I'm OK with people disagreeing with me so feel free to get in the last word. No one in this thread has changed my opinion about Juan at all. They've only reinforced what I'm saying about fans overrating him, making excuses for him, and refusing to be honest about him.

Comment

Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
      outside of pacquiao wtf he ever did? his best wins are a shot barrera, green salido, rocky juarez, mike alvarado and juan diaz. wtf he whent life and dead with katsidis, diaz and Alvarado. He just had a good style for pac but outside of that he did nothing
      He beat pacquiao 4 times, he fought in many amazing wars, and given us some memorable knockouts. How often do you give Miguel Cotto a handjob.

Comment

Conor McGregor could have beaten Sheguel Last Night

Comment

Cotto doesnt have a great win, he had great fights tough match ups thru his career but not a great win

I feel Marquez has 3 great wins vs Barrera, Diaz, Pacquiao and countless tough n great match ups

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
            Cotto doesnt have a great win, he had great fights tough match ups thru his career but not a great win

I feel Marquez has 3 great wins vs Barrera, Diaz, Pacquiao and countless tough n great match ups
            And Casamayor when he was the reigning and lineal lightweight champion coming off a very good win. All four of those are probably better than any Cotto win (maybe the Mosley one is as good as the Casamayor win maybe).

Comment

Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
              Marquez also has wins against two all-time greats, Cotto doesn't have one. The closest to a great fighter was Mosley, but Mosley was not a defending champion and had won like 6 of his last 11 fights leading to the Cotto contest. Martinez will be in the hall of fame but he was seriously eroded by that point. Now, Barrera wasn't in his prime either but he was on a great run and coming off some excellent victories and performances.

Marquez also at least partially unified two divisions, Cotto not one. Marquez gained recognition as the #1 in 3 weight classes whereas Cotto was never considered to be the #1 in a single weight class.

Marquez also beat a guy who destroyed Cotto as a common opponent reference both lost to Mayweather but for Marquez it wasn't a fair fight given the weight rise.

Marquez was never stopped. Cotto was stopped twice. All but two of Marquez' defeats were disputed by many whereas all of Cotto's were decisive.

There's stats and facts that go Marquez' way too. I think what stands out beyond what is on paper is that Marquez was the superior boxer and he accomplished more. Cotto was marketed much better whereas nothing came easy for Marquez. He was "Just another Mexican fighter", whereas Cotto was "The next Trinidad" from the get go hence why his career was filled with more vacant belt wins and less unification wins (than Marquez). Marquez had to sit back as the #1 contender for 3 years, get robbed against Norwood, beat all the other contenders and then win his title and by that time he was already 30.
              The only thing JMM has over Cotto is a win against Paquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                The only thing JMM has over Cotto is a win against Paquiao.
                Marquez is better than Cotto, period. And all the world knows this.

Comment

agreed!! marquez claim to fame is chasing for a pac fight.

take manny out and marquez resume is basic as ****!!

most posters aka the floyd fans is picking marquez over cotto because marquez got the ko over pac and pac destroyed cotto so they cant rank cotto higher than marquez because of that.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post

shane mosley, sergio martinez just to name a few.

now lets see marquez?? just look at the guys marquez fought prior to fighting manny for the first time LOL!!!

Comment

He ain't puertorican enough said.

Comment

Working...
                      X