Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Great???

You haven't seen many fights if you think that was great
    That was a very good entertaining fight dude.

Comment

Floyd was bloodied against a shot cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by pasawayako View Post
        Floyd was bloodied against a shot cotto.
        Floyd won the match but Cotto did **** him up lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          That was a very good entertaining fight dude.
          Look, entertainment is subjective, if you thought it was "very entertaining" fine, but great is not so subjective. A great fight has to have solid back and forth, moments of drama, great combinations, come backs, lots of punches....the fight had probably none of those things.

By claiming a fight to be great you're putting it up there with Pac/JMM quadrilogy, MAB/Morales trilogy, AJ/Wlad, Khan/Maidana, Bradley/Provo, Cotto/Marg, Oscar/Mosley and thats just in recent times.

Cant label may.cotto great in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Look, entertainment is subjective, if you thought it was "very entertaining" fine, but great is not so subjective. A great fight has to have solid back and forth, moments of drama, great combinations, come backs, lots of punches....the fight had probably none of those things.

By claiming a fight to be great you're putting it up there with Pac/JMM quadrilogy, MAB/Morales trilogy, AJ/Wlad, Khan/Maidana, Bradley/Provo, Cotto/Marg, Oscar/Mosley and thats just in recent times.

Cant label may.cotto great in that regard.
            For a Mayweather fight, it was pretty damn good.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
              For a Mayweather fight, it was pretty damn good.
              lol we've gone from "great fight" to "for a mayweather fight"

finally hit some reality

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                You need to go back and watch the fight. Floyd was getting chin checked all the way up until the corner stopped it. And when you have The Best Ever saying he doesn't ever want to see you again...THAT is his toughest opponent by far and not because Floyd wanted it that way. He even said, the resume didn't show that level of skill. He didn't know what he was walking into.
                What the hell are u talking about??????Corner NEVER stopped fight it went the distance.And EVERY writer/expert had Floyd winning.He did say RIGHT after that it was toughest fight but I think most and even Floyd now would disagree.NO ONE had Cotto winning(who is a great fighter and easy HOFer)where some had Castilo winning 1st fight(had Floyd by 1)and even a few had Maidona getting a draw in 1st fight(had Floyd by 2).Corner stopped fight???????Are you even sure you seen fight????????

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                  It would be nice if you would think before to speak. Never said Cotto was winning only that the fight was neck and neck read pretty much even through round 8. Cotto blew his load in eight and there after was gassed out and Floyd took over. So 4/4 trough the first eight is reasonable. Total score of 8/4 Floyd is this reasonable.

Personally I had 7-5 Floyd. I distinctly recall not being the only one having that score but it doesn’t matter. Floyd won.

And Floyd won only because his conditioning was far superior to cottos. Most of flods other fights opponents were outclassed and embarrassed and obviously did not belong in the ring with Floyd. Cotto wasn’t outclassed it embarrassed just out conditioned. A rematch would be great now that Cotto is better trained and conditioned. But we know Floyd won’t go for it.
                  You said earlier that he chin checked him in 6th and beat that azz rest of way or something like that.I quoted it already not gonna go thru this thread and do it again.And if you think Cotto(who always trains)was not in best shape in life in his biggest fight then your hater or a Cotto fanboy.The fight was at HIS weight not Floyd.He is BIGGER and YOUNGER and he got beat.No shame he gave Floyd ONE of his tougher fights and is a future HOFer.But he lost fair and he lost 4 sure.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
                    What the hell are u talking about??????Corner NEVER stopped fight it went the distance
                    Google exists for a reason, bro. The fight was stopped in round 9. WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about Burton, not Cotto.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Fl...anuel_Augustus

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      Google exists for a reason, bro. The fight was stopped in round 9. WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about Burton, not Cotto.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Fl...anuel_Augustus
                      This started out about Cotto fightin Mayweather.If somhow I got you or your post wrong my bad.But you did say something about Floyd not chosing to fight like that if you meant Burton he CLEARLY chose to fight him.Show me ONE other fight that Floyd went to war like that from get go.I do think he underestimated Burton toughness but he was NEVER in danger of losing.And thinkin about it you said in other post before one where you men stoppage that you scored fight 7-5 or 8-4 so either I got wrong guy or you have been talkin about both.Anyways whatever we have both said our piece I think good day.

Comment

Working...
                      X