No announcement yet.

Rewatching Cotto Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Google exists for a reason, bro. The fight was stopped in round 9. WTF are you talking about? I'm talking about Burton, not Cotto.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Fl...anuel_Augustus
    And I made it VERY CLEAR I was talkin about Cotto I used his name at least 3 times I bet in each post so don't show me a link to boxrec YOU KNOW damn well who I was talkin about.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      This started out about Cotto fightin Mayweather.If somhow I got you or your post wrong my bad.But you did say something about Floyd not chosing to fight like that if you meant Burton he CLEARLY chose to fight him.Show me ONE other fight that Floyd went to war like that from get go.I do think he underestimated Burton toughness but he was NEVER in danger of losing.And thinkin about it you said in other post before one where you men stoppage that you scored fight 7-5 or 8-4 so either I got wrong guy or you have been talkin about both.Anyways whatever we have both said our piece I think good day.
      You're getting posts mixed up. Serio.

I did say Floyd went life or death with Burton. He didn't choose to fight like that, he had no choice, Burton was all over him.

As for your one other fight question....Arturo Gatti.

Comment

And I made it VERY CLEAR I was talkin about Cotto I used his name at least 3 times I bet in each post so don't show me a link to boxrec YOU KNOW damn well who I was talkin about.
        You sir, lost track of who was talking about what. Go back and read through again.

This started with a video of Floyd claiming Cotto was his toughest fight. I put a video he recorded a month later saying Burton was the toughest, and agreed with that. From that point on, Cotto's out of that discussion. You just got stuck in the past.

Comment

You said earlier that he chin checked him in 6th and beat that azz rest of way or something like that.I quoted it already not gonna go thru this thread and do it again.And if you think Cotto(who always trains)was not in best shape in life in his biggest fight then your hater or a Cotto fanboy.The fight was at HIS weight not Floyd.He is BIGGER and YOUNGER and he got beat.Nao shame he gave Floyd ONE of his tougher fights and is a future HOFer.But he lost fair and he lost 4 sure.
          Not sure I said chin checked in 6th. But Cotto was working the hell out of Floyd throw rounds 6-8.

Yes Cotto Definelty was not in optimal shape. Compare this fight with the Cotto in his last fight against kamagai. You will be hard pressed not to see a huge conditioning difference between then and now. Besides that where have you been? Cotto is reputed to have bad conditioning issues. It’s not new. He’s only improved once he got with his new coach Mac.

Yes Cotto lost fair and square and for sure. I concur with you. All I’m saying is that a better trained and conditioned Cotto would be very dangerous for Floyd. That’s all

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            Not sure I said chin checked in 6th. But Cotto was working the hell out of Floyd throw rounds 6-8.

Yes Cotto Definelty was not in optimal shape. Compare this fight with the Cotto in his last fight against kamagai. You will be hard pressed not to see a huge conditioning difference between then and now. Besides that where have you been? Cotto is reputed to have bad conditioning issues. It’s not new. He’s only improved once he got with his new coach Mac.

Yes Cotto lost fair and square and for sure. I concur with you. All I’m saying is that a better trained and conditioned Cotto would be very dangerous for Floyd. That’s all

any fighter is gonna look better against kameigai than they do against floyd.

simple mathematics bro

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
              any fighter is gonna look better against kameigai than they do against floyd.

simple mathematics bro
              sure. but my that post was limited to the conditioning issue. the pressure kamagia put on cotto was 3 times that of what Mayweather did. COtto gased out vs Floyd and excelled vs kamagai. Distinction is the strength and condition coach of cotto in each fight. that is all I was referring to.

Comment

You sir, lost track of who was talking about what. Go back and read through again.

This started with a video of Floyd claiming Cotto was his toughest fight. I put a video he recorded a month later saying Burton was the toughest, and agreed with that. From that point on, Cotto's out of that discussion. You just got stuck in the past.
                Burton was weird and awkward a very different fight, Cotto was tough really tough, I remember in the first round Floyd coming back to the corner and commented how strong he was, its also been revealed Floyd had a cold in that fight if you have ever boxed with a flu its draining.

A lot of guys that fought Floyd were in the best shape of their life for the fight that's what happens fighting the best and your a underdog.

Comment

You're getting posts mixed up. Serio.

I did say Floyd went life or death with Burton. He didn't choose to fight like that, he had no choice, Burton was all over him.

As for your one other fight question....Arturo Gatti.
                  He never just abandoned his defence like the Burton fight.Gatti he just could not miss so he threw 4,5 or even 6 punch combo's.

Comment

Whatever I have no time to go thru post if it was my mixup then fine you have my apology.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                      Burton was weird and awkward a very different fight, Cotto was tough really tough, I remember in the first round Floyd coming back to the corner and commented how strong he was, its also been revealed Floyd had a cold in that fight if you have ever boxed with a flu its draining.

A lot of guys that fought Floyd were in the best shape of their life for the fight that's what happens fighting the best and your a underdog.
                      That's very true(and NOT just Floyd)when a guys fights the best fighter PFP or big money fighter they almost always fight their best.

Comment

Working...
                      X