Who Will You Remember The Most In Ten Years: Mayweather or Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
    I'd say Floyd.

I mean just look at BoxingScene when was the last time Pacquiao had over two threads in a week.

And even then its normally involved with Mayweather.
    that's because of mcGregor.no gave a **** about him lol remember the farewell ppv fight against berto no one cared and it was a flop.

Comment

Mayweather will always be the TOP guy.

Manny legendary status has been revoked by the Marquez KO, Mayweather's schooling & Horn's defeat.

/thread

Comment

Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Co-sign.

Leonard Hearns Duran and Hagler are all remembered and discussed today. So will Mayweather and Pacquiao.
        Ray Leonard is remembered, and folks still talk about Leanard-Hearns, Leonard-Hagler, the No Mas fight between Leonard-Duran and Hagler-Hearns.

No one talks about Tommie Hearn's going all the way up to cruiserweight, or how great a lightweight fighter Duran was when he was in his prime, or really spends much time talking about Hagler's run at middleweight.

May-Pac will be remembered for a bit (the fight being utterly one-sided likely won't keep that memory for long, outside of if another fight approaches doing the business it did), and Pacquiao getting left for dead by Marquez in the fourth fight will live on in "best knockout" videos in whatever form they take in the future, but the world will forget Manny Pacquiao within a couple years of his formal walking away (Filipino people will remember him, and Aussies will remember him for launching Jeff Horn, but that's about it).

Floyd Mayweather will be remembered for a really long time, for the simple fact that he was the unquestioned best fighter for the better part of almost 20 years.
        Last edited by Scipio2009; 11-25-2017, 07:26 PM.

Comment

The way I look at these things is this; whose fights will people be looking up in 10 years? No one watches old Mayweather fights. Prime Pac was highly entertaining, even if he was never as skilled as Mayweather.
          People won't forget Mayweather. They just won't look back with the adoration they will Pac.

The reason no one talks about Pac now is that he's fighting way past prime. That's an extremely unpopular thing to do. Given time, the respect will come back.

Comment

Funny how the people making these polls since May 2nd never want to see who voted.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              Floyd is retired and talked about constantly on here...When does anyone even mention Manny?
              Floyd just fought the biggest fight in history bro. Your «he’s retired» line dont work..

I agree tho. Floyd is obviously the bigger name. Pac’s career went downhill fast after the JMM KO. Come to think about it Pac was an absolute star for a Very short period. Maybe from 2008-2012 while Floyd has consistently been on top ever since he beat Oscar.

Manny did have one of the greatest runs in boxing history tho. No one can take that away from him. His run was so good that most people thought he was on PED’s even before he refused the random blood tests

Pac is heading down the Roy Jones road of tarnishing his own legacy by losing to mediocre fighters.

Comment

Beyond what "Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather did in the ring (Gatti vs Mayweather is still a great fight to watch), Floyd "Money" Mayweather will be remembered for the example that he's helped set for the next few generations of fighters coming along.

Their ring styles are all different, but you don't have Saul Alvarez putting the Mexico TV deal through only Canelo Promotions or have Mikey Garcia basically on a handshake deal with Showtime for full payout, or even Joshua and his 80/20 deal with Matchroom Sport where he keeps all of his sponsor money too , without the success that Floyd Mayweather/Al Haymon were able to achieve.

Things won't work out for everyone (Chavez Jr and Broner to varying degrees), but it'll work out for far more folks than it doesn't work out for.

Comment

Pacquiao is the clear winner here.

It'll be nearly impossible to forget him getting absolutely bullied by a school teacher and then ducking him for a rematch.

It'll be truly difficult to forget him on the floor - ASLEEP - after getting punched by Marquez. I mean that fight probably sold some Michael Jackson records off the meme alone. "Manny is you ok, are you ok Manny!"

The image of him bloodied at the hands of Morales will stay on my mind for a long time.

Shoulder excuses - "salt water healed me" - all that mess after TBE embarrassed him.

His face after hearing "ANNNNND NEW!" from Michael Buffer after losing to Bradley in the first fight. Burned into my memory.

Say what you will. Pacquiao's had more unforgettable epic losses than Floyd's had unforgettable epic victories.
                  Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 11-25-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Floyd, for all the wrong reasons.

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao are two completely different personalities.
                    Floyd does things to keep himself in the news.
                    Manny on the other hand is low key.
                    Obviously, it would be more difficult to forget Floyd because he lives for the news. He's still trying to get people to like him.
                    You can't say the same about Pacquiao who lives to help his fellow men, which is boring.
                    The best example I can give is pretty much like who will get to a given destination first, a guy who is in a hurry and running or a one who is not in a hurry and is walking.
                    This example is as corny as the question in the thread.

Comment

I'm a Floyd fan, but I'll remember Pac, too. The guy had overcome one of the most challenging situations in a poverty ridden country. The sad thing is Pac is now gonna be remembered more for his losses if he doesn't quit soon.

Comment

Working...
                      X