No announcement yet.

Tommy morrison would be champ in todays era

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
    He doesn't knock out guys with one shot, it's like an accumulation of punches that does it
    That can be said about any fighter?

You also must have missed quite a few fights .

Joshua is the heaviest handed boxer that weighs 250 with decent speed and accuracy . This equals a tremendous punch .

Before the Foreman brigade get here , he only had a 40% K.O % with guys over 225 so who are all these ppl who hit harder than Joshua ?

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Hes EASILY top 5 of all time . Maybe not now if i include Joshua who also has heavy hands and speed at 250. No one in the 70's had Morrisons power . He hit every bit if not harder than Tyson,just ask any fighter who fought them both .

His body shots were brutal ,i sparred Yuri Vaulin back in the day a very tough southpaw who Morrison fought he told me the Morrison fight ruined his career .
      You got to be crazy if you think T Morrison hit harder then Foreman,Shavers,Frazier,Tyson(because unlike TM he had power in both hands),Rudduck(maybe)Tua(again little close)and Wilder that's just a few of top of my head.Since the 70s even not alltime or then you start throwing guys like Liston in there.If you don't want to believe me that T Morrison IS NOT top 5 puncher of ALL TIME then take a poll and I bet not even 10% would believe that.And I think tommy had a very good left hook if you would have read my earlier post on thread.

Comment

The 90's heavyweights where probably the second greatest era ever! A prime Tommy Morrison would probably beat Jospeh Parker, and I honestly think HIM vs Deontay Wilder would be a shoot out! (Whoever lands first with their big shots, will win etc)....

Comment

Joshua is the heaviest handed boxer that weighs 250 with decent speed and accuracy . This equals a tremendous punch .

Before the Foreman brigade get here , he only had a 40% K.O % with guys over 225 so who are all these ppl who hit harder than Joshua ?
          Wilder one punch for one punch hits harder then Joshua.Joshua more complete fighter but that aint gonna matter if he keeps lifting and getting bigger(because he will act lose power)because his stamina is so freaken bad right now.240-245 Joshua hits harder then now.And would include him also as somone who hits as hard if not harder then T Morrison.

Comment

show me the stats backing this up.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
              You got to be crazy if you think T Morrison hit harder then Foreman,Shavers,Frazier,Tyson(because unlike TM he had power in both hands),Rudduck(maybe)Tua(again little close)and Wilder that's just a few of top of my head.Since the 70s even not alltime or then you start throwing guys like Liston in there.If you don't want to believe me that T Morrison IS NOT top 5 puncher of ALL TIME then take a poll and I bet not even 10% would believe that.And I think tommy had a very good left hook if you would have read my earlier post on thread.
              No im realistic . Statistics dont lie .

Mike Tyson, Lewis , Morrison and Klitchko ,maybe Joshua are the main guys over Morrison and thats arguable .

You bring up Liston .....well can you imagine any of the guys i mentioned fighting guys below 200 pounds ? Its not realistic at all ,and Liston resume as a whole wouldn't show he would have better k.o % bc he fought no one over 220 that would be relevant today .

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                show me the stats backing this up.
                Show you what stats? You are the one claiming Joshua punching is overatted .The fights show otherwise .

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                  The 90's heavyweights where probably the second greatest era ever! A prime Tommy Morrison would probably beat Jospeh Parker, and I honestly think HIM vs Deontay Wilder would be a shoot out! (Whoever lands first with their big shots, will win etc)....
                  Don't agree T Morrison could not go more then 4-5 rounds hard.He could deff catch Wilder and KO him but with his Jab(which would start marking him up soon)and BIG st8 right plus better stamina.I would make him a fav over TM.But Parker would be tough choice right now because we got to see what kind of chin he has.Somone with a good chin/decent punch is all wrong for TM(Ray Mercer).Not sayin Parker is as good as Ray but we gotta see what kind of chin Parker has imo.

Comment

Show you what stats? You are the one claiming Joshua punching is overatted .The fights show otherwise .
                    Show me the stats backing up the bs you just said about foreman

Comment

No im realistic . Statistics dont lie .

Mike Tyson, Lewis , Morrison and Klitchko ,maybe Joshua are the main guys over Morrison and thats arguable .

You bring up Liston .....well can you imagine any of the guys i mentioned fighting guys below 200 pounds ? Its not realistic at all ,and Liston resume as a whole wouldn't show he would have better k.o % bc he fought no one over 220 that would be relevant today .
                      Your right about one thing I left Lewis off the WHOLE list of guys who hit harder then T Morrison.Wlad too maybe again he had more than ONE hard shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X