Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s resume is outstanding.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    making it up with quotes attached? that ain't smart

everything else i posted you can check out yaself
    Post the link. Should be simple. Just like I did with CJS. Can't be a big deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      More lies. when did I ever omit this?

If you are going to post this then also post that Floyd went down to 14 days as a compromise and Manny still said no.

Also, in the past, you have justified this move by saying he shouldn't have to do what Floyd wanted because he was 1b to Floyd's 1a blah blah blah.
      yup because it was obvious floyd was out to buttf**k the man...and get it straight

i said he didn't have to agree to any days because ost was unheard of in 2010, and floyd's assassination of character in calling the man a ped cheat with no hard evidence was straight bush league....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Post the link. Should be simple. Just like I did with CJS. Can't be a big deal.
        f**k you...do some homework like i did

Comment

f**k you...do some homework like i did
          Yeah, ok. Anyone following this exchange who doubted what I said about honesty and integrity with this guy, here is the proof.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 11-17-2017, 02:41 PM.

Comment

yup because it was obvious floyd was out to buttf**k the man...and get it straight

i said he didn't have to agree to any days because ost was unheard of in 2010, and floyd's assassination of character in calling the man a ped cheat with no hard evidence was straight bush league....
            Ok, you can have whatever opinion you want, doesn't change the fact that Manny turned down PED testing and then turned down the 14 day compromise offer.

Because he did, you focus on the offer to deflect from those actions.

Like I said yesterday, if the truth was in your favor you wouldn't go to such lengths to "put it in perspective".

Comment

• I do remember Mayweather pulling out last minute for Winky.

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2113721

Promoters Gary Shaw and Bob Arum were in Beverly Hills on Thursday afternoon to officially announce the Oct. 8 rematch between Diego Corrales and Jose Luis Castillo.

But as that deal was finalized, a proposed Nov. 12 bout between Winky Wright and Floyd Mayweather fell apart as the two met at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

"M-O-N-E-Y," stated Shaw in spelling out the reason why this bout between two of the premier prizefighters in the world will not be taking place. "I thought we had a deal. I spoke with Don King, King was on board, Jim Wilkes was on board, Winky Wright was on board. We agreed to 154 pounds, we agreed to another morning weight because they were concerned about the weight -- Winky couldn't gain more than eight pounds above 154."

With all of Winky's representatives (including King, who holds an option on Wright after his victory over Felix Trinidad in May) in agreement, Shaw thought he would be signing contracts by the end of the week.

"When I was in Arum's office he talked about different splits," recalled Shaw, who said at that time the numbers he was told differed from the ones he had agreed to. "I started to yell, I said, 'It's gotta be 50-50.' He said, 'All right, all right. Why are you yelling? I'm just the messenger. Come back, we'll do the deal.' I walked downstairs here at the Beverly Hills Hotel, I said, 'We have a deal?' He looked at me and said, '55-45.' I said, 'No, 50-50. He said, 'There's no deal.' "

Arum confirmed that Wright-Mayweather is dead as of now.

"There were requests made by Floyd Mayweather, we laid it out and I think they were fair requests," said the veteran promoter. "Gary rejected them, so there's no fight. We have to sit with Floyd and we'll figure out [what we do next].

"Maybe [Antonio] Margarito. It's unfortunate as far as the Winky Wright fight, but it's not going to happen."

While Mayweather retains his Nov. 12 date on HBO Pay-Per-View, Wright has a date set aside for him the following week on HBO.

Did Mayweather and Arum come to the realization that in facing the much bigger Wright, that they were biting off more than even the "Pretty Boy" could chew?

"Floyd's been talking a lot of trash, saying he's going to knock Winky out; he told Kevin Iole he wants to fight," said Shaw. "He wanted the fight on Sunday. On Monday I went to Top Rank's office personally. My feeling is that Floyd never wanted the fight. He was just talking smack."

As Shaw and Arum gave their sides of the story after the Corrales-Castillo press conference, just outside the ballroom where it was held, Margarito's manager Sergio Diaz was meeting with Top Rank's VP, Todd DuBoef, about his fighter's future -- which doesn't seem to include Mayweather.

"Right now we just met with Todd and we're looking at October 1st," he explained to MaxBoxing. "The date is there, the opponent we still don't know. They've been mentioning Joshua Clottey, but Showtime doesn't know if they want to accept that opponent."

As for a bout with Mayweather?

"Mayweather has mentioned that he'd rather jump to 154 and fight Winky Wright than fight Margarito," Diaz said. "He says it's a better loss to lose against Winky Wright than it is to Antonio."

Diaz doesn't have much hope that even with the Wright fight not happening, that a bout between Margarito and Mayweather comes to fruition.

"No, not at all," he admitted. "To tell you the truth, at the beginning I was, we were hopeful it would happen. But now, it's already behind me."
              Last edited by chrisJS; 11-17-2017, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                I do remember Mayweather pulling out last minute for Winky.

http://www.espn.com/sports/boxing/news/story?id=2113721
                You mean Winky pulling out last minute.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  You mean Winky pulling out last minute.
                  No. Changing the demands after agreeing to everything is a form of pulling out.

Comment

Winky wanted the fight....

Print story Subscribe to the Times
                    Boxing

Wright-Mayweather bout is off as talks break down

Winky Wright's promoter says a last-minute shift in the money split has shelved the anticipated fight, at least temporarily.

By JOHN C. COTEY, Times Staff Writer
                    Published July 22, 2005
                    It's back to the drawing board for St. Petersburg's Winky Wright as negotiations to fight 140-pound champion Floyd Mayweather fell apart Thursday morning at a meeting in Las Vegas.

"As of right now, it's no deal - they changed the money on me at the last second," said promoter Gary Shaw, who said he was close to finalizing the fight when he walked into Top Rank and Bob Arum's office Thursday.

But within seconds, he said, the deal evaporated.

damn.....within seconds, the deal evaporated...

sound familiar?
                    Winky did want the fight but in typical Winky Wright fashion he priced himself out and walked away from a career high pay day.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisJS View Post
                      No. Changing the demands after agreeing to everything is a form of pulling out.
                      No it's not.

And that's what Gary Shaw says. We don't know who's telling the truth here.

What we do know is Winky walked away from the deal. A deal that would have been more than he's ever made. That's a fact.

Comment

Working...
                      X