Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo living proof that Pirog would have made quick work of GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread is another example of how many boxing fans seem to favor / value flashiness / flamboyancy / fanciness over effectiveness. Dmitry Pirog is flashy + effective. Gennady Golovkin is non flashy + even more effective than Dmitry Pirog.

Dmitry Pirog's defense may not even be better than Golovkin's. it just looks flashier and therefore looks more impressive to certain individuals who value less important things over more important things.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Kewl Hair View Post
      Side note: Jacobs looks HUGE compared to what he did back then. How is that dude still a middleweight?
      Jacbobs is a true middleweight....lean....you guys are trying to make lil g seem like he fought some huge guy. You guys need to cut the **** cuz I see right through you phonies.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
        dj would have returned the sleep favor if there were a rematch.
        It's called excuses

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
          This thread is another example of how many boxing fans seem to favor / value flashiness / flamboyancy / fanciness over effectiveness. Dmitry Pirog is flashy + effective. Gennady Golovkin is non flashy + even more effective than Dmitry Pirog.

Dmitry Pirog's defense may not even be better than Golovkin's. it just looks flashier and therefore looks more impressive to certain individuals who value less important things over more important things.
          lil g non effective the very second he stepped up the competition (Nelo/Jacobs). The end.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
            GGG at 35 is not in his prime. FACT.
            He was never an elite fighter. FACT.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              He was never an elite fighter. FACT.
              Then why didn't Canelo defeat him? Or Jacobs? Or anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                lil g non effective the very second he stepped up the competition (Nelo/Jacobs). The end.
                Compared / relative to whom?

Comment

Pirog was a good boxer with size, reach, and very slick. He used his size and reach well against Jacobs. Looking at the way Jacobs fight now and before you can tell his confidence was lacking in that fight. I thought he just was surprised by how good Pirog was... I also didn't like the fact that he never figured out the proper distance against Pirog.

With that being said, Pirog would have given Golovkin some trouble. I'm not sure if Golovkin would've respected his punching power the way he respected Jacob's, Lemieux's, and Canelo to a lesser extent. We all know if you're not able to get some respect from Golovkin early he'll go through you like a train through a tunnel. Pirog's skill might have given him some pause also but it's hard to say who would win. It definitely wouldn't be easy for either fighter.

Interesting side note but Golovkin never gave any respect to Stevens' power even though he got off a few good shots that backed him up.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                    jacobs could have had cancer already just didnt know it.
                    7.31.2010 was the Pirog fight and by In May 2011, Jacobs was diagnosed with osteosarcoma, an aggressive cancer in the form of a tumor "the size of a handball" wrapped around his spine. The tumor damaged his nerves and caused paralysis in his legs.

Obviously Jacobs was effected in the Pirog fight. There will always be an * on that fight.

Comment

Hard to say, It's like Valero etc, you don't know how these guys would of panned out career wise.

He looked the goods though, i was a fan and was looking forward to the GGG fight. (Proska was the replacement if i remember correctly?).

I would of had picked GGG to win, especially in hindsight. But it's a shame the injury happened, as win or lose Pirog would of been a big player at 160 while he was around, i'd of thought.

Comment

Working...
                      X