Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current heavyweight(s) could beat Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder beats him, maybe Ortiz could give him trouble

Comment

Originally posted by sotgoda View Post
      This is the problem here. Boxing is not mathematics. No one in their right minds would have put Whyte and Takam anywhere near Stiverne until this past weekend. The facts are clear - AJ's resume and Wilder's are effectively the same with AJ having an advantage of facing a former emperor in his decline. Now, AJ should and clearly deserves credit for taking such risk in his 19th fight. Respect!

But, acting like AJ has world beaters on his resume is just plain ridiculous. I will still pick Stiverne to beat both Whyte and Takam should they meet in the future. Please, let's stop with the hyping of Whyte. Go watch his interview after fighting Helenius. Even his body language showed that he knew he sucked and has almost no chance against Wilder.

Maybe Whyte if B-Ware was in shape (unlikely). But Takam beats the crap out of Stiverne.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post

Maybe Whyte if B-Ware was in shape (unlikely). But Takam beats the crap out of Stiverne.
        As "out of shape" as B-Ware was, you have to remember that Whyte does not have a strong punch. Stiverne has built a reputation of being difficult to stop. Further, Stiverne has this nasty left hook which he uses a lot after playing dead for minutes or rounds. Then, Stiverne and Whyte are closer in height and reach which was a big reason why Stiverne struggled with Wilder. Takam has even less chances of beating Stiverne - he is durable but does not mount enough offense. So, I see this being a unanimous decision or a split for Stiverne.

Comment

As "out of shape" as B-Ware was, you have to remember that Whyte does not have a strong punch. Stiverne has built a reputation of being difficult to stop. Further, Stiverne has this nasty left hook which he uses a lot after playing dead for minutes or rounds. Then, Stiverne and Whyte are closer in height and reach which was a big reason why Stiverne struggled with Wilder. Takam has even less chances of beating Stiverne - he is durable but does not mount enough offense. So, I see this being a unanimous decision or a split for Stiverne.
          Takam has good performances with Povetkin (great fight if you havent watched it), PArker, and should have beat Perez.

He beat Tony Thompson when Thompson was a solid contender.

He gave Joshua a good fight on 12 days notice (though he may have been training before that).

Stiverne has two wins over massively overrated Arreola and two abysmal performances against Wilder.

Takam is the better fighter in every way. Better footwork, more varied skillset, more heart, tougher, better stamina better defence, counters, everything really.

Comment

Takam has good performances with Povetkin (great fight if you havent watched it), PArker, and should have beat Perez.

He gave Joshua a good fight on 12 days notice (though he may have been training before that).

Stiverne has two wins over massively overrated Arreola and two abysmal performances against Wilder.

Takam is the better fighter in every way. Better footwork, more varied skillset, more heart, tougher, better stamina better defence, counters, everything really.
            Actually, i have seen all the fights you mentioned in full except for the Takam-Thompson fight which I saw only the highlights. I am not saying Takam is not a good fighter but his biggest strength is fighting in the pocket in my opinion. I don't see him as the better fighter in every way. I would like to see that fight.

Comment

Yeah but Stiverne is better because that means Wilder has one ok win...

In reality, Stiverne has no decent wins. Nor has Wilder.

That being the case, I don't know why a lot of posters on this US boxing forum are so high on Wilder....

Whatever sells the tickets and keeps boxing exciting I suppose

Comment

This is the problem here. Boxing is not mathematics. No one in their right minds would have put Whyte and Takam anywhere near Stiverne until this past weekend. The facts are clear - AJ's resume and Wilder's are effectively the same with AJ having an advantage of facing a former emperor in his decline. Now, AJ should and clearly deserves credit for taking such risk in his 19th fight. Respect!

But, acting like AJ has world beaters on his resume is just plain ridiculous. I will still pick Stiverne to beat both Whyte and Takam should they meet in the future. Please, let's stop with the hyping of Whyte. Go watch his interview after fighting Helenius. Even his body language showed that he knew he sucked and has almost no chance against Wilder.
                Hold on a minute. I'm not saying I'd pick Whyte to beat Wilder. But Stiverne, firstly has no world class wins and was stopped in two by a total unknown. This was even the 20lb lighter Stiverne who took Wilder 12,not the clearly fat unfit Stiverne from the rematch. No way would that Stiverne compare to Whyte or Takam. Imagine that Stiverne taking Povetkin late and Parker to a close verdict. No way. It is clear people are trying to pretend Stiverne was world class. He wasn't. And he was clearly fat the other day. Whyte and Takam are better than Stiverne until they get blown away by Mr Nobody and turn up fat like he did the other day. It's not hyping Whyte, it's just seeing Stiverne for what he is. The sort of fodder they feed to a prospect.

Comment

personally think Povetkin is too small and Ortiz looked like crap against malik scott and dave allen.

Wilder and Fury could. realistically. However, I don't think Wilder will, but Fury would make a mockery of both those guys imo beating both with ease.

Comment

Nobody

Joshua is the best

Comment

Working...
                    X