Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which current heavyweight(s) could beat Joshua?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which current heavyweight(s) could beat Joshua?

I'm not convinced Wlad wasn't decently faded by the time Joshua fought him. It had been almost two years since he had looked not his best against Fury.

Pounding Breazeale is maybe his other best win.

I think Wilder could definitely beat him. People get caught up in his "windmill" punches, but he usually only lets those fly when he's in no danger of being hit himself.

I wouldn't rule out Big Baby beating Joshua either, but I guess we'll know more about that after tonight!

Wilder
    Fury (if in shape)
    Povetkin
    Ortiz

Comment

The top 3 or 5 heavyweights can all beat eachother on their night.

Thats HW boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
        The top 3 or 5 heavyweights can all beat eachother on their night.

Thats HW boxing.
        Pretty much what this guy just said

Comment

I would favor Wilder to beat him. I would favor AJ to beat all the other heavyweights including Fury.

Comment

Just can't imagine even a past it Wlad could ever be nearly as bad as Stiverne. For me Whyte and Takam are certainly better than him too. Can't see any Wilder opponent that's a good measuring stick for him.Never seen him in a fight. Millers 40lb overweight and got wobbled by CroCop. Fury isn't likely coming back. AJ, flawed as he is, clearly leads atm.

Comment

Povetkin and Wilder have a great chance. Fury if we ever saw him in top shape again.

Really anyone has a chance. Especially once you get to the top of the division. But I think the 3 above are the big threats.

Comment

Fury. I'm 50/50 on him vs. Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by bluepete View Post
                  Just can't imagine even a past it Wlad could ever be nearly as bad as Stiverne. For me Whyte and Takam are certainly better than him too. Can't see any Wilder opponent that's a good measuring stick for him.Never seen him in a fight. Millers 40lb overweight and got wobbled by CroCop. Fury isn't likely coming back. AJ, flawed as he is, clearly leads atm.
                  This is the problem here. Boxing is not mathematics. No one in their right minds would have put Whyte and Takam anywhere near Stiverne until this past weekend. The facts are clear - AJ's resume and Wilder's are effectively the same with AJ having an advantage of facing a former emperor in his decline. Now, AJ should and clearly deserves credit for taking such risk in his 19th fight. Respect!

But, acting like AJ has world beaters on his resume is just plain ridiculous. I will still pick Stiverne to beat both Whyte and Takam should they meet in the future. Please, let's stop with the hyping of Whyte. Go watch his interview after fighting Helenius. Even his body language showed that he knew he sucked and has almost no chance against Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I would favor Wilder to beat him. I would favor AJ to beat all the other heavyweights including Fury.
                    I know its BS that he is still fighting, but do you not give Povetkin a chance?

I think he is a horrible style for Joshua. Powerful too.

Comment

Working...
                    X