No announcement yet.

Wilder wants 50-50 split with AJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Pulev was going to get 5 million DOLLARS not pounds while AJ was getting $20 million dollars so right off the bat your numbers are wrong.

You're seriously comparing Wilders selling power to Wlad, who sells out stadiums in Germany and has been on big U.K. PPVs with Haye and Fury. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about, you being Nigerian has nothing to do with that. The fact that you think Wilder deserves just as much as Wlad makes me think you're actually American. They're the only ones that deluded.

Wilder can have 90/10 of the US revenue if he accepts 10% of the UK revenue but I have a sneaky suspicion he wouldn't dare consider that.

AJ is huge in the UK, as long as his opponent is half decent he will sell out stadiums like Wembley and do great numbers on PPV so the question is Wilder going to add significantly to what is already a powerful money train, maybe.... maybe not. I can't see the justification in Wilder getting more than 30%.

The bottom line is chances are that anyone who actually knows who Wilder is, already pays for AJ PPVs or goes to his fights live. Which is why Wilder doesn't have much of case for a large split.

No way would Wilder accept a deal that says (American 90% of the American revenue, 10% of British revenue) to Joshua (British 90% and 10% American)... he would probably make more from that British 10% than the 90% he would get from the American revenue.

Comment

I think the Stones said it best Deontay, “You can’t always get what you want.”

Comment

I was on Wilder's side thinking he wanted to fight AJ and AJ didn't want to fight him. If Wilder is asking for a 50/50 split then he doesn't want to fight AJ and is pricing himself out. It makes no difference what the population of the USA and the UK is. What matters is AJ sells out huge arenas and Wilder cannot come remotely close to doing that. A 70/30 split in AJs favor might be reasonable. If Wilder insists on a 50/50 split the fight won't happen and it will be Wilder keeping it from happening by over pricing himself.

Comment

I noticed most of the posters who were so vocal about Joshua ducking Wilder aren't in this thread.

I wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            I would NEVER trust anything quoted from that GARBAGE website. They often manipulate quotes and downright fabricate in sentences to meet their overall article message.
            I just listened to it.....

basically saying that their both champions etc that they both should get 50/50 no matter where they fight etc.

and he's right tho I think the state of oregon is the size of the UK

Comment

Wow, this is a classic price out. There is no way at all he deserves 50/50. And he is also the one claiming he doesnt care about money and just wants to unify and here he is pulling this nonsense.

Comment

I was backing Wilder 100% but i can't support this at all if he stands firm on his stance. 60-40 seems fair and even that can be seen as generous. I would think he has more sense than that and this is a non story. Once they sit down and negotiate we'll see what happens, I have no doubt this fight gets made for 2018 anyhow.
                Last edited by _original_; 11-11-2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

this was alwasys going to happen and ive took heavy criticism for saying so. unbelievable how naive and stupid some of you lot are.

Comment

“People always worry about, ‘Oh, this is a big payday.’ My life’s straight. I’m good. The love of money is the root of all evil. My life don’t dwell just on money. It’s all about peace and happiness with me, and my life is at peace and I’m happy with my family. I’ve got a great family"

Deontay wilder about 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                      what did golovkin make for canelo?
                      its the same just like ggg except with AJ (bet most AJ fans were gggroupies)

its the same exact concept

ggg has ko ratio etc
                      ggg fills seats etc
                      ggg has belts etc
                      ggg has bigger purses etc

so because of that his opponents should get paid peanuts

Comment

Working...
                      X