No announcement yet.

Wilder wants 50-50 split with AJ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Willy View Post
    In this situation Deontay Wilder holds one portion of the IBF/WBA Super/WBC/WBO title. So that entitles him immediately to a 25% share. Anthony Joshua holds two portions, so that entitles him to 50%. There's 25% left to divide in negotiations. 60-40% or 65-35% in favour of AJ are more than fair in this case.
    From a selfish point of view 60-40 should be fair in favour of Joshua, but if they show everyone what Joshua brings to the table then Joshua might say no way to that. Which would push the fight further down 2019... Which favours Joshua to a tee.

Comment

They know that once he doesn't have a belt he will struggle to clear $300,000 a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        From a selfish point of view 60-40 should be fair in favour of Joshua, but if they show everyone what Joshua brings to the table then Joshua might say no way to that. Which would push the fight further down 2019... Which favours Joshua to a tee.
        I dont think itll go into 2019, nothing Joshuas done has suggested that. Hes always been ahead of things when it comes to challenges. Hes as much about marketing as he is about boxing, taking it into 2019 will effect his image. He fought Klitschko when everyone told him not to, it was too soon, and its paid off. Fighting Wilder in 2018 is another calculated risk, that if pays off, brings big rewards

Comment

People laughed at Pacquiao holding out for 50% and Golovkin holding out for 40%, but they got it in the end. When you are clearly the opponent that everyone wants to see, you have more leverage than your numbers might suggest. Joshua's fans won't support him unconditionally forever, they want to see big fights. 60-40 should get this fight made - if either side walks away from that then they would be at fault in my eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            I dont think itll go into 2019, nothing Joshuas done has suggested that. Hes always been ahead of things when it comes to challenges. Hes as much about marketing as he is about boxing, taking it into 2019 will effect his image. He fought Klitschko when everyone told him not to, it was too soon, and its paid off. Fighting Wilder in 2018 is another calculated risk, that if pays off, brings big rewards
            I definitely understand that, I was one of those who thought the Wlad fight would never be made, so yes I ate some humble pie. He took risks early on in his career and he only had 20 fights. My thing here is if Wilder is going to insist on 50-50 then no way would Joshua give in to that, and he would gladly wait down the line for the fight to happen. The longer the fight goes further the better for AJ IMHO, so the ball is in Wilder court.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I definitely understand that, I was one of those who thought the Wlad fight would never be made, so yes I ate some humble pie. He took risks early on in his career and he only had 20 fights. My thing here is if Wilder is going to insist on 50-50 then no way would Joshua give in to that, and he would gladly wait down the line for the fight to happen. The longer the fight goes further the better for AJ IMHO, so the ball is in Wilder court.
              " The balls in Wilders court "

Well we're going to see if he has those balls bc a blatant duck by him with this tactic will ensure him the worst resume in boxing HW champion history something thats debatable now.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                People laughed at Pacquiao holding out for 50% and Golovkin holding out for 40%, but they got it in the end. When you are clearly the opponent that everyone wants to see, you have more leverage than your numbers might suggest. Joshua's fans won't support him unconditionally forever, they want to see big fights. 60-40 should get this fight made - if either side walks away from that then they would be at fault in my eyes
                Pacquiao got 45%. Nobody knows What Golovkin got. Wilder and Joshua are much further apart in drawing power than either of those fighters were.

This is like Canelo demanding 50% from Mayweather when they fought.

Wilder is in no position to make demands. He gets what he's given.

Comment

no way its 50-50

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    Pacquiao got 45%. Nobody knows What Golovkin got. Wilder and Joshua are much further apart in drawing power than either of those fighters were.

This is like Canelo demanding 50% from Mayweather when they fought.

Wilder is in no position to make demands. He gets what he's given.
                    Mayweather was guaranteed $120 million to Pac's $80 million so Pac actually got 40%.

I'd be surprised if Golovkin got more than 30-35% and he had all the belts as well as his own selling power (sold out arenas in NY and LA).

There is nothing to support Wilder getting more than 30% unless you're an American nationalist.
                    Last edited by NaijaD; 11-11-2017, 09:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      Wilder is the one ducking. 50/50 when he he doesn't even draw 1/10 of what Joshua does.
                      exactly lol
                      he just has 1 belt anyway
                      so joshua deserved greater %

Comment

Working...
                      X