Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: If I Had Wilder - He'd Be a Star, Joshua Would Beg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
    Oscarina crying about what ifs again.
    I bet he thinks he made Canelo a star.
    He did you stupid mother****er!
    Canelo is signed to Golden Boy promotions so don't give me that bullshet that it was Richard.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
      Can you name me any other star that any other American promoter has?? A real star....
      I'll be waiting for your response...
      Sure, Top Rank - Pacquiao.

Comment

I disagree with Oscar, Wilder lacks that natural charisma real stars have plain and simple. Floyd and Oscar had it. He is trying more these days but he is kind of forcing it. He needs big wins and if he can actually defeat AJ and do it violently it wont matter who promotes him he will force his way into stardom. However I highly doubt it's a winnable fight for him. I think AJ is gonna be on top for some time.

Comment

[QUOTE=kushking;18201061]

But the vast majority (casuals, patriotic types & fanbois) will support whoevers holding belts,& will fill stadiums out of sheer boredom of the usual sports like football even

My friend Football is the greatest, most participated sport in the World are you a troll or something.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
            Keep hating you stupid mother****er! It's obvious you don't know shet about boxing!
            TMT having a better stable u than Golden Boy promotions??? ������
            Yeah, your smoking that Triple D again...
            Dope, DICK, and Dynamite!
            Yeah whatever, you must be one of Hoya’s 28 kids, you so keen to stick up for him.

who’s Golden Boy got besides Canelo? .... Lianares and Lemieux? Cotto ? None of these guys has much time left. Hard to see where the next big names are coming from and this is one of the biggest brands in boxing promotion? He’s probably a great guy, but why aren’t they signing for him, word gets around in the world of boxing that’s why.

I’m not saying TMT are killing it with quality, but they have a comparable stable given how long they have been around and the size of the team behind them. GB has more boxers but for all their cash and branding they are failing.

Comment

[QUOTE=ashadam;18201094]
              Originally posted by kushking View Post

But the vast majority (casuals, patriotic types & fanbois) will support whoevers holding belts,& will fill stadiums out of sheer boredom of the usual sports like football even

My friend Football is the greatest, most participated sport in the World are you a troll or something.
              Wtf are u talking about? Context have u heard of it?

YOU sound like a troll if you can't see that I mean that UK fans watch whoever has a belt fight because its something different & it is a cheap night out that won't break the bank while watching another sport they love BOXING.
              Thats why they fill up stadiums in UK for fights that wouldn't be big stateside because its #2 only to football right now.

Comment

Yeah ok oscar your washed up in the sport once canelo leaves you gb is over and wilder is a divy no ones interested in him

Comment

YOU sound like a troll if you can't see that I mean that UK fans watch whoever has a belt fight because its something different & it is a cheap night out that won't break the bank while watching another sport they love BOXING.
                  Thats why they fill up stadiums in UK for fights that wouldn't be big stateside because its #2 only to football right now.
                  I would absolutely love to see you quantify that statement with some statistics... pretty sure you cannot though because I can guarantee you are wrong.

In truth... Kell Brook was able to fill up a small stadium in his hometown (but would have no hope anywhere else) and Joshua fills a stadium anywhere. Outside of those 2 fighters there haven't been any stadium fights in the UK to fill because promoters know that there isn't enough demand to fill entire stadiums. Even Haye v Bellew 2 which will be a big fight is only being hosted at the 02 Arena (20,000 capacity) rather than a full stadium.

Boxing has grown in the UK massively since Joshua burst onto the scene but it is still some way behind the likes Football, Rugby, Tennis, Cricket and probably F1.

PS: Hughie Fury fought Joseph Parker in the UK for the WBO heavyweight championship in an arena (arena and not a stadium) that holds 21,000 people. The attendance was around 10,000.
                  Last edited by Deus; 11-11-2017, 03:14 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=kushking;18201135]
                    Originally posted by ashadam View Post

lol no way Is boxing our number 2 sport why do you guys think that? It almost seems like it's used as an argument to diminish ajs achievements. There's football, cricket, rugby,tennis and golf to name a few. All more popular than boxing.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fabes88;18201165]

lol no way Is boxing our number 2 sport why do you guys think that? It almost seems like it's used as an argument to diminish ajs achievements. There's football, cricket, rugby,tennis and golf to name a few. All more popular than boxing.
                      I knew someone would nitpick my statement to the extreme right now boxing in the U.K is huge $$ overall & anytime you have fighters with a name or with a major belt defending in a glamour division you'll have the potential to fill a stadium,I never said what stadiums,they can range from 15000 all the way up,so stop trying to twist my words.

Im saying that British boxing is the 2nd sport getting hype lately to football in the USA,as in out of sports that are watched over here boxing is in 2nd place of all British sports so out of sports that are international sports in England boxing is basically 2nd place. Those other sports are sports most the world can care less about. . I read the daily mail sports all the time as well as sky mirror sun etc.etc.
                      Last edited by kushking; 11-11-2017, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X