• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
    You are on form today
    credit to wilder. hes always on form

Comment

Wilder is great for boxing.

Comment

Anthony Joshua has had 20 bouts only. What was Deontay Wilder doing when he had 20 bouts? Exactly! Joshua has already beaten the greatest heavyweight of all time. He doesn't even have to fight Deontay Wilder because he isn't even the second best heavyweight in the world (according to his record). There are other boxers who are more worthy of fighting Joshua than Wilder, such as Joseph Parker, Kubrat Pulev and so forth so on.

Comment

Wilder is scary as hell, just for the facts that he hits hard, fast, and is willing to flurry like crazy. I know Wilder only weighed 220lb for his fight but it works for him. He only has 18" quads which is insane skinny but that's why he's so light. I think Joshua has more of a weight problem considering he keeps going up and he's shredded. I can't see AJ being better at 260lbs plus. I like both guys. Make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
            Anthony Joshua has had 20 bouts only. What was Deontay Wilder doing when he had 20 bouts?
            If your position is that AJ isn't ready for Wilder, just say so. It's a reasonable position. Wilder wants AJ ASAP.

If AJ isn't ready, just say AJ isn't ready yet and maybe they can fight later. What's the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              If your position is that AJ isn't ready for Wilder, just say so. It's a reasonable position. Wilder wants AJ ASAP.

If AJ isn't ready, just say AJ isn't ready yet and maybe they can fight later. What's the problem?
              My position isn't AJ isn't ready for Wilder. If he was ready for Wladimir Klitschko (the boxer with the greatest heavyweight record in history), then he is by default ready for the inferior opponent in Deontay Wilder. It's more a question of whether Wilder deserves to fight Joshua (according to his record and accomplishments) more than other heavyweights. The answer is a resounding no!

Comment

My position isn't AJ isn't ready for Wilder. If he was ready for Wladimir Klitschko (the boxer with the greatest heavyweight record in history), then he is by default ready for the inferior opponent in Deontay Wilder. It's more a question of whether Wilder deserves to fight Joshua (according to his record and accomplishments) more than other heavyweights. The answer is a resounding no!
                If Joshua is the #1 heavyweight in the world and Wilder is the #2 heavyweight in the world, anybody Joshua fights other than Wilder is automatically less deserving than Wilder.

So if for some reason you care more about who "deserves" what than you care about actually seeing interesting fights, you should be devastated if Joshua fights anybody other than Wilder next.

Comment

If Joshua is the #1 heavyweight in the world and Wilder is the #2 heavyweight in the world, anybody Joshua fights other than Wilder is automatically less deserving than Wilder.

So if for some reason you care more about who "deserves" what than you care about actually seeing interesting fights, you should be devastated if Joshua fights anybody other than Wilder next.

Official rankings aren't the only factor / criteria I use to establish the 'quality' or 'worth' of a boxer. Deontay Wilder may be ranked number 2 'officially', that doesn't mean his actual heavyweight record is any better than some of the other potential opponents Joshua could fight.

Personally, I'd rather see Joshua fight Luis Ortiz, Alexander Povetkin, Kubrat Pulev or Joseph Parker over Deontay Wilder. Why? Because I rate them higher. Why? Because their record is overall better than Wilder's heavyweight record. At the very least, better whilst comparing them all with the same number of bouts that Wilder has had when he had the same number of bouts as them.

Comment

Personally, I'd rather see Joshua fight Luis Ortiz, Alexander Povetkin, Kubrat Pulev or Joseph Parker over Deontay Wilder.
                    You would rather AJ face drug cheats who ducked Wilder than Wilder himself?

You think Parker would give AJ more of a challenge than Wilder?

Comment

You would rather AJ face drug cheats who ducked Wilder than Wilder himself?

You think Parker would give AJ more of a challenge than Wilder?

No, I'd rather Joshua face boxers that are more qualified / deserved based on their record. I'd also rather Joshua face fellow 'chemically enhanced' opponents as an evn playing field. This is the 21st century! If you truly believe that only those aforementioned boxers are 'cheating' using drugs whilst boxers like Deontay Wilder who aren't penalized are somehow 100% clean, then you are simply delusional! There's no such thing as a 'drug cheat' in the 21st century. It's a myth and a red herring to divert attention from what truly matters. Which are the most important fights happening. Deontay Wilder is the one who has been protected from those SUPPOSED 'drug cheats'. Those 'drug cheats' were doing practically the same thing as what Deontay Wilder and every elite athlete from first world countries are doing.

Do I think Parker will give Joshua more of a challenge than Wilder? Maybe, maybe not. However, that's irrelevant and is a red herring. Whether a boxer deserves to fight the top heavyweight champion over others isn't based on how we subjectively perceive their chances of winning, but by their record. At least, that's the criteria I use!

Comment

Working...
                      X