Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are AJ/UK fans SOOOO threatened by Wilder's win last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I know is I am one and have been one of Wilder's biggest backers on this site since he turned pro. I know Wilder could easily lose to Joshua mainly because they are of similar range and a lot of Wilder's defense is predicated on range so if Wilder messes up while in range of Joshua it could be over. Since he is used to fighting with a range advantage chance of that sort of mistake are fairly good (or bad for Wilder fan like myself).

Anyhow, knowing all that and all the smack that will get talked to me having been an outspoken Wilder guy (and will be in the fight build-up) should Wilder go down.

I ain't scarred in the slightest to see that fight, it damn near gets my dick hard~. I am patient I can wait a bit while it plays out but I don't have to sit quiet and idle whilst I wait.

Comment

Could you provide examples?

I wasn't impressed by Wilder's win. I'm not impressed with Joshua. I'm waiting on the two fights as those two unrefined brutes will put on a show that will get the world's attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
        Take sides? lol As of right now, I think AJ beats Wilder. You guys don't don't know how to handle someone who is just a boxing fan. I didn't say anything about these two fighters, I said something about the FANS and you guys can't separate the fans from the fighters. It's really immature and it's NSB in a nutshell.

I always piss off "both sides" here because I have no respect for fanbases, just fighters.

If you didn't understand that I'm an unashamed Ward fan (with my frequent sigs and bragging about supporting him when everyone else bashed him) then you're stupider than your posts would indicate.

Quite possible. Hearn is pure finance.

And, FWIW, to the other posters, I admire things about Wilder but I'm not a fan because I don't believe in the guy. I've said time and time again that there are issues with his footwork that remain uncorrected and will be his undoing. It'll be another "I told you so and I told you how". BUT, I'm not going to let that get in the way of what I feel is the truth and these insecure fans that are racing to discredit Wilder and the legitimacy of the fight between he and AJ are not true boxing fans. They're cheerleaders for certain fighters that they've decided to emotionally invest in.
        Yup you are taking sides, claiming all AJ fans are scared and making excuses. I believe it waa you who was also trying to defend Stiverne as an opponent recently

Comment

I'm not a true Wilder fan so I'm not taking glory in Deontay's win, but it was no doubt impressive. However, it seems to have really bothered AJ fans. Like, DEEPLY.

If a fighter I like has a tough opponent on the horizon, I love that! I like seeing that potential opponent do well and can't wait until the two meet in the ring. I don't bash the guy and try to pretend he's invalid.

You guys are embarrassing yourselves. That violent win was the perfect fuel to this Wilder/AJ fire but instead of celebrating an exciting HW rivalry, you're acting so damn insecure and angry. Why so angry?
          Consider myself fairly neutral, but I've come on and all I've seen is the opposite... Wilder fans hyping up the win, and telling us how "all Brit's" are "bias".

Everything else is just a reaction to that.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
            Fear.It's so odd. If you are a fan of a guy, and you think he is the best, why wouldn't you want him to face another top guy? I am the biggest Spence fan on this site. I was SO EXCITED that he was getting to face Brook instead of fight for a vacant belt because I believed in him. It shows a lack of belief in their fighter.
            Yea, for me it was Ward V Kovalev. Such a dangerous fight, one that was being called a "true 50/50" but I didn't trash Kovalev. When the contracts weren't signed and people were doubting Ward, I didn't say stupid shyt about Kovalev to dismiss the situation.

Last night, Wilder absolutely crushed a guy in 1rd and today there's a FLOOD of negative posts from AJ fans.
            Very, very telling...

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
              Could you provide examples?
              I checked the forum before bed and saw a ton of threads/posts trashing Wilder's win. I woke up today and saw the same. That was all I needed to see.

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              claiming all AJ fans
              Incorrect.
              AJ fans who aren't bashing the man or the fight are welcome to step up and take credit for their integrity. A couple already have.

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              Consider myself fairly neutral, but I've come on and all I've seen is the opposite... Wilder fans hyping up the win, and telling us how "all Brit's" are "bias".

Everything else is just a reaction to that
              I see it as the opposite for the fact that there has been a trend (undeniable trend) of Wilder bashing on here for a while and last night the guy does something positive, and gets more backlash than ever for it. A lot of the "you Brits" stuff (which I think is really obnoxious) is the byproduct of people relentlessly bashing Wilder for a long time. I don't approve of it, but you have to expect it as a reaction to the shyt they've had to eat.

The praise doesn't count against him. He SHOULD get fan praise for a 1rd KO, as should any fighter. Why would that bother anyone?? It's the bashing he's getting after a 1st rd KO that's the telling part, and it's what this thread is about.
              Last edited by Redd Foxx; 11-05-2017, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post

Wilder is a killer, a mean puncher but we already knew that.

Did he really fought a live dog? Or better yet, a simple dedicated active fighter?

Did AJ fight a live dog in Wlad? How can you objectively say that? Wlad was coming of a loss after a previously horrible performance against Bryant Jennings, he was 41+ years old and almost 1.5 year layoff. But, AJ got credited for beating him - why?

I am not even against giving AJ credit but come on...

Comment

I checked the forum before bed and saw a ton of threads/posts trashing Wilder's win. I woke up today and saw the same. That was all I needed to see.

Incorrect.
                  AJ fans who aren't bashing the man or the fight are welcome to step up and take credit for their integrity. A couple already have.

I see it as the opposite for the fact that there has been a trend (undeniable trend) of Wilder bashing on here for a while and last night the guy does something positive, and gets more backlash than ever for it. A lot of the "you Brits" stuff (which I think is really obnoxious) is the byproduct of people relentlessly bashing Wilder for a long time. I don't approve of it, but you have to expect it as a reaction to the shyt they've had to eat.

The praise doesn't count against him. He SHOULD get fan praise for a 1rd KO, as should any fighter. Why would that bother anyone?? It's the bashing he's getting after a 1st rd KO that's the telling part, and it's what this thread is about.
                  Making a legit criticism of Wilder =Bashing

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                    I'm not angry about it but I do think it's being slightly overrated.... I mean just days ago we were asking how on earth Stiverne was mandatory and we all knew he was going to lose badly whatever the fashion.

The issue is when Wilder fans claim that AJ is scared because of what Wilder did last night (lol), negotiations haven't been opened or anything and both guys are only just finally free of mandatory obligations yet Joshua has supposedly been ducking Wilder for "a while now".

I want to hear what Wilder thinks his percentage from this fight should be that will let me know how close/realistic this fight is..... and please spare me the "I don't care about money, I just want to see the best fights" nonsense. There is a very clear A-side in this fight and a B-side that thinks he's worth more than he actually is. There is plenty to sort out.

No AJ fan doesn't want to see this fight, most of us are very confident that he exposes and KOs Wilder. The bragging rights to be had for either fanbase are too enticing to not want to see the fight happen.
                    AJ is a young champion at the top of his game, he isn't afraid of anyone. It's everyone around that is afraid for him. You say you want the bout but immediately start talking about purse splits. WHO'S THE BETTER FIGHTER. Point blank period. When did the people on this board turn into accountants?

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                      Making a legit criticism of Wilder =Bashing
                      Again, you can't seem to come to terms with obvious truths so you keep trying to manipulate what I say because it's the only way you can negate it. I'm clearly not talking about the legit criticisms. I'm talking about the obvious flaming and bashing. Yet, you can't let it go, you keep having to try to suppress, suppress, suppress. Just give up.

Comment

Working...
                      X